• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gas Piston Full Seekins Build: And they said it couldn't be done.....

patches

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 13, 2009
Wichita KS
www.smtco.biz
Maybe this will give some hope to those out there like me who wanted to do a gas piston build with all Seekins parts. The problem is when doing research you will find nothing but posts saying the Adams Arms system will not work with the Seekins IMTR upper or Seekins Bar handguard. Well, this is true..... Unless you have some time on your hands and a mill. I had a little bit of the first (time) and one of the latter (a bridgeport). The project is not totally done, a fresh coat of black ceracoat is needed to finish up the handguard (where the milling was done), but here's a pic of the results:

406555621.jpg

If more people are interested I can post some better pics. The AA lite piston system barely clears leaving enough room for the top rail to remain. the side needed to be milled out as you can see. The moving parts are totally covered protecting you from any harm. I hope this provides a little inspiration to those who didn't think it could work. If you want to see better pics I can take more at a later time.

Would love to see some more in depth info and pictures. I am a fan of both AA and Seekins. I have done the Mega MTS pistons but would love to see how to make it work on Seekins. Thanks

Fantastic job! As ORD noted would enjoying seeing more pics and details when you have time. Well done sir.