• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gas Tube Question????????

STI_1911_Guy

Sergeant
Supporter
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 1, 2011
Michigan
I noticed the other day when i was cleaning my dpms 260 that when the carrier key on the bolt carrier group slides over the gas tube it seems to push the tube down and left slightly. And i can hear it slide in the carrier key. There is no resistance when it goes over the gas tube and it only very slightly pushes it down and left but i can see it. Is this ok or should i try to adjust the gas tube? Or can you adjust the tube? The gas tube is aligned with the barrel nut perfectly and there is no resistance with the tube going through the barrel nut so i know the barrel nut is not pushing it out of position.

Re: Gas Tube Question????????

Is something wrong with your question mark key? As CK stated, there should be some slight movement, nothing to worry about. If it aint broke, dont fix it.

Nothing wrong with adjusting the gas tube. A large flat blade screwdriver for left, right and down and a piece of para cord for up. Properly adjusting it will certainly mitigate premature wear.

Pull your handguards/forearm off and jiggle the gas tube. The tube should rattle and be loose. When it rests, it should rest freely and not be pushed over to one side by the barrel nut. If the tube does not rattle/jiggle freely, you need to realign the barrel nut. If the tube does rattle freely, then consider the aforementioned suggestions.