• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gasser Cantilever Mount

DocRDS

Head Maffs Monkey
Minuteman
Feb 21, 2012
The Great Beyond
Looking to replace my larue QD mount for a large AR with something with a 20MOA cant.

Would prefer not to go crazy (aka spuhr).

Its for Precision Rifle on a 308 so fairly robust. Not a big concern for scope height, but 20MOA cant (or more) is a must. I tried search, but didn't find any general recommendations.
Price range ~200
QD is "meh", I'm fine with a "fixed" solution.
Scope has a 40 Objective

Badger C1 would be my default answer. Used you should be able to find them near that range, though many sellers are proud.

Reactions: Glassaholic
Nightforce for me, whether 30/34mm. ADM does QR with 20MOA and varying lengths of cantilever. Badger perfectly acceptable, as well. Keep your eye on PX-they come up often.

I'm also doing some value shopping for cantilever mounts.

So far it seems like the best bet is a used NF Unimount on the PX. They come up fairly regularly in the ~200 range. There was one the other day on the PX when I was browsing for $200.

Reactions: bobke
I'm also doing some value shopping for cantilever mounts.

So far it seems like the best bet is a used NF Unimount on the PX. They come up fairly regularly in the ~200 range. There was one the other day on the PX when I was browsing for $200.
If you don’t need new baubles and accessory features, mounts like A221 are high quality with high value at today’s prices.

Reactions: kthomas
Badger C1 would be my default answer. Used you should be able to find them near that range, though many sellers are proud.
This is where I'd lean as well, they are solid mounts for a decent price with lots of options for accessories should you want to go that way down the road. I picked one up for my soon arriving (hopefully) March 1.5-15x42 FFP scope... but everyone I know who has them really likes them. I tend to gravitate toward QD mounts, but those are typically a lot more $$$ for the good ones.

Check out Big Tex Ordnance, I discovered them last year when buying LMT gear and they have been rock solid, good prices too and you can use coupon code 'blaster' to get additional discount on non sale items. Also, they don't charge tax for most out of state orders and their shipping is very reasonable.

Last edited:
Fixed mount I went w/on my HK 762 from F3R hugging the March HM 4.5-28X52; 2 bills and change.....

Scope-Gun-XVi-CRPSMLBR254-W.jpg

The new Primary Arms PLX cantilever mount(made in the USA) has been surprisingly excellent so far and on par with other quality mounts in fit and finish/hardware, I believe they have a 20 moa one.

(wondering if I'm the only one who read the title and pictured the scope being higher in the front than at the back)

Yes its made in Chy na. But nobody else sold a 30 moa mount at a poors price.

19E9F25B-3FCE-4831-A384-8E72EFC3AEEF.jpeg

I am a capitalist and believe in free market competition.

69B80C2E-8050-4FF2-A959-FB453FA28C39.jpeg

Mounted on a semi .308. Marked the rings after mounting. No movement. Not a safe queen, has seen a couple thousand rounds.

Another vote for the PLx mounts from Primary Arms. Made in America and well made. They also have a mini dot top ring as well.

I have a Seekins Precision MXM Mount on one of my gas guns, it's not QD and a little more than you want to pay but it's a really nice mount.

I’ve had good luck with Bobro engineering mounts and they do a mil/veteran discount if that applies to you. They do a 20 moa canted version as well.