• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gastonia, NC Sniper Comp (9/2-5/09)

Smash

Private
Minuteman
Oct 30, 2006
Louisville, KY
The 3rd annual Gastonia Sniper comp will be held in Sept of 2009. Several new teams competed in 2008 taking the event to a whole new level.

Spent alot of time at the SHOT show lining up sponsors and this years prizes are looking even better.

Check out www.gastoniasniper.org

IM me with questions and I will see what I can do to get them answered.

Re: Gastonia, NC Sniper Comp (9/2-5/09)

26 Teams signed up so far. This comp is going to rock. I need to geat a team from Louisville on board!

You others can show up but Naugatuck PD will be taking the top prize this year. Ray and Ian are unstopable!
wink.gif

Oh yeah the LEO portion of Team Blaster may be going!!!

Then Naugatuck will be in second place.
smile.gif

LOL

Naugatuck owns a rifle that isn't a flintlock ? Did they finally trade in their horses for cars or are they getting trailered down to NC...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Naugatuck owns a rifle that isn't a flintlock ? Did they finally trade in their horses for cars or are they getting trailered down to NC...

</div></div>

Flintlocks and horse's, now that would be interesting. Ride the horse in, dismount, slide thru the droppings, pop up, wipe off, shoot, ka pow! Three (non horse drawn carriage) slots left.

Let me know if you have any questions and I will get you in touch with the right person.

I had the pleasure of shooting with the Naugatuck men last year but we will bring are a-game for them this year. We are ready lowlight taught us everything he knows. (it took about 20 min.)

LOL

Desoto County Mississippi

Hey Lowlight by the way my partner says high. I know Terry Cross is trying to get to Gastonia this year also.

Y'all better just bring you 2nd place shoes. My relief is at DHS and he is a frikking machine, OK maybe a Farm Animal, there may be an airborne CG shooter this year going up the tower.

Me, I'll be sitting in the vendor tent, sipping cool ones, scoping the babes and showing you all what you could have had if you called sooner
grin.gif

Cheers,

Doc

We are not worried about DHS. Coastie and his partner are not winning this year if we have to push them off the tower.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Slug</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Isn't this LEo or Military only? </div></div>

Yup, and since I'll be retired I have to just sit in the vendor booth and watch everybody else sweat this time
grin.gif

Cheers,

Doc

So who all is going now?

John

Wow, alot of shit slinging going on. I can not wait to tear it up in Gastonia this year. Seeya there boys.. Naugatuck

Looking forward to it. Hopefully it wont rain so CT can keep their powder dry. Coast Guard is goin down. See ya'll soon. Desoto

Is it open to spectators and where exactly in Gastonia is it?

*I'll actually get to go to the last day on Saturday if possible...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GCMxVeGeTa</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is it open to spectators and where exactly in Gastonia is it?

*I'll actually get to go to the last day on Saturday if possible... </div></div>

I am interested in this as well.

Is this going to be webcast or televised? If so, When and what time?

Looking forward to meeting the hide family. I will be one of the guys running around to ensure you have a great experience. Let me know if I can help you with anything.

Doc if your going to be in the vendor booth make sure you set up next to Maureen
wink.gif

Smash,

I'm showing up and will go where directed. Got a pic of Maureen
wink.gif
Just so I know who to look for of course.

I'll also be doing the classes on the first day. Can you guys handle me running my suck for 3 hours
laugh.gif

The one thing I HAVE to do is go to Jack in the Box. Bacon triple cheese burger, meat, cheese, meat cheese, meat, cheese and BACON!

I can feel my arteries clogging now mmmmmmmMMMMMMM gooood!

Cheers,

Doc

We will find you an artery clogging burger, no problem.

Most of the pics of Mo are from SHOT in Vegas and you know what they say about Vegas, "what happens in Vegas". She is pretty cool and with Original SWAT. You can't miss her.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: doc76251</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Smash,

I'm showing up and will go where directed. Got a pic of Maureen
wink.gif
Just so I know who to look for of course.

I'll also be doing the classes on the first day. Can you guys handle me running my suck for 3 hours
laugh.gif

The one thing I HAVE to do is go to Jack in the Box. Bacon triple cheese burger, meat, cheese, meat cheese, meat, cheese and BACON!

I can feel my arteries clogging now mmmmmmmMMMMMMM gooood!

Cheers,

Doc </div></div>

Doc, looking forward to hearing what you have to teach. Learned an asston last year and that wasn't even a class. Can't wait. See ya'll soon.

I may finally get to meet some people off the hide, Im taking two teams up from my section including my team. If you a few ACU's waling around with m24's and "Genocide Works" t-shirts on say hi.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gpdsniper110</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well we are getting the range ready for everyone and hope to see all you guys wednesday</div></div>

Yes sir!!!!!

Team Sniperworx's is fired up and ready to roll!!!!!

John

Day one down, three to go!!!!!!!!!!

Any Sniperworx's members can get updates from the website from the e-mail that was sent out this week.

John

Naugatuck PD and Knight11B4's Army unit were one two as of yesterday. Today's final event usually shakes up the final standings a bit. Great weather.

Final results should be up tonight.

Teams and spectators, post up your comments on this years event and suggestions for next year.

<span style="font-weight: bold">GO NAUGATUK!</span>

Damn I wanted to go, but the finances and time were just not in order. I couldn't even scratch up the cash to get to the USMCS/SA meeting.

Maybe next year I can figure out a way to get the Dept. to sponsor me.

Congratulations to Henley and Busby of DeSoto County SWAT.
You guys worked damn hard for this. Good thinking, good team work and good shooting.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: deadly0311</div><div class="ubbcode-body">what channel is this on if it is on TV? </div></div>

Not on tube this year. Cost and exposing idenities issues.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KNIGHT11B4</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey now dont leave out the lil old Army boys, we did place 3rd. </div></div>

Nothing but respect here for the U.S. Army 3rd ID, Fort Stewart, Georgia team. I only had the 1-2 finishers prior to leaving. I spoke with your team several times, nothing but a class act.

Congrats guys...good to meet most of you face to face...hope to see you again in 2010. If any of you know of any other decent Sniper competitions let us know.. We are looking for some that we can attend.

Just got back off the road from Gastonia. If you are LEO you NEED to do this comp. Capt. Duncan and the entire Gastonia PD crew as well as the entire TOWN of Gastonia are absolutely top notch. Find one other town that not only supports a "SNIPER" conference but actually publicly promotes it.

I will say this is the hardest comp I ever did not shoot. After being a competitor last year I was dieing to get out there and run and gun but they don't have an "Old Retired Farts Division" HINT, HINT!!!!! The level of professionalism displayed by all the competitors and the staff was absolutely over the top. Even as a "vendor" I didn't feel the least bit put aside.

Congrats to all the competitors I don't think any one came away with out gaining something.

Cheers,

Doc

Does anyone have any pictures I can get from them? My BN CDR wants some pics of us competing. Its funny how they start caring when we place third.