• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gastonia Sniper conference with civilian shooters

More information would be helpful. What if my buddy and I are LE but not snipers? Can we still shoot?

We are thinking of allowing civilian and retired teams to participate in the 12th annual Gastonia sniper conference. I'm just curious if there is an interest? Still 2 man teams.

I would start by having a working website so we could find out what your event is

Reactions: Sierra770
I am absolutely interested. I competed in the 2019 Carolina Tactical Match and had an absolute BLAST! Also met a fantastic group of people and learned quite a bit as well!
I’ve been waiting for y’all to announce a 2020 Carolina Tactical Match, but if that’s not in the works, I’d love to attempt to compete in the GSC.
If it’s not open to civilian only teams, would a civilian be allowed to pair up with an active LE?
Also, 308Pirate, google “Gastonia sniper conference” and you’ll find last years rules and match set up, etc. there’s also plenty of YouTube videos out there too.
I would start by having a working website so we could find out what your event is

I don’t think it would hurt to open it to civilians. Just be ready for the high level of complaining pertaining to it not being formatted or scored like a traditional match. People used to shooting steel will flip their lids over scoring rings and time multipliers.
I shot the civi match you did last year, and I would try and convince my teammate to come shoot this if you did it.

I am absolutely interested. I competed in the 2019 Carolina Tactical Match and had an absolute BLAST! Also met a fantastic group of people and learned quite a bit as well!
I’ve been waiting for y’all to announce a 2020 Carolina Tactical Match, but if that’s not in the works, I’d love to attempt to compete in the GSC.
If it’s not open to civilian only teams, would a civilian be allowed to pair up with an active LE?
Also, 308Pirate, google “Gastonia sniper conference” and you’ll find last years rules and match set up, etc. there’s also plenty of YouTube videos out there too.

Yeah you can pair up with LEO. we have alot of questions about a retired team mate or another allowed. it will be open to all this year.

I don’t think it would hurt to open it to civilians. Just be ready for the high level of complaining pertaining to it not being formatted or scored like a traditional match. People used to shooting steel will flip their lids over scoring rings and time multipliers.
I shot the civi match you did last year, and I would try and convince my teammate to come shoot this if you did it.

Yeah the hit factor and scoring method will still be the way we use it. But I have had alot asking about it and decided to open it up.

Reactions: WirgmanUSMC

I have not updated the 2020 info yet. Was actually working on that today. But there is alot of photos and videos linked on our page https://gastoniasniper.com/ and our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/gastoniasniper/ It is a 4 day conference with 10 events that encompass precision shooting and positional shooting. Scenarios are meant to be kept somewhat realistic and scored with a time factor to ensure that speed and accuracy combined helps for the best score. We have had teams from most of the eastern seaboard as well as Texas, Alaska, Michigan and Califormia. Every Branch of the military has competed as well as teams from Canada and Trinidand and Tobago. We started a few years ago with a new location but are on our 12th year.

Reactions: 308pirate
I have not updated the 2020 info yet. Was actually working on that today. But there is alot of photos and videos linked on our page https://gastoniasniper.com/ and our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/gastoniasniper/ It is a 4 day conference with 10 events that encompass precision shooting and positional shooting. Scenarios are meant to be kept somewhat realistic and scored with a time factor to ensure that speed and accuracy combined helps for the best score. We have had teams from most of the eastern seaboard as well as Texas, Alaska, Michigan and Califormia. Every Branch of the military has competed as well as teams from Canada and Trinidand and Tobago. We started a few years ago with a new location but are on our 12th year.

Had never heard of it before, thank you for the info.

Very excited to see this opened up to us civies. I’ve got a buddy that’s wanted to shoot this event for a quite a while and has inquired a number of times.