• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up Gateway Co. dynamite shoot

Re: Gateway Co. dynamite shoot

Its been a few years but I would shoot in it 2x per year when I was living in Grand Junction. It was definitely one of the most entertaining shooting events that I have ever attended. The last few times that I attended it, it had become extremely popular and I was spending a lot more time waiting around than shooting. It is the best idea for a fundraiser that I have ever seen.

Should be lots of fun indeed.
First time for myself, was out today getting some dope on soda cans.
Range estimation on something between .24 mils @(550 yrds) and .21 mils @(630 yrds) is challenging.
The gusting and switching 180deg. winds were the most problem.

Where do you going shooting in the Telluride area? Our family has a cabin up at Trout Lake.

usally west, out at the Basin.
There is little traffic or people that come by.
Sometimes out around Montrose but fridays only as there is to many dirtbikes around on the weekend.
Nothing close I have found, yet.
Trout Lake is a nice place to have a cabin.

Had a damn good time out there today.
Entertainment value was worth it, from the 80yr. someting, benchrester,ass kickin',shittalker to the guy that gives his $50
scope two turns on the elevation without knowing what it will be at AND GOT A HIT WITH THE FIRST ROUND AT ALMOST 600Y.
Thanks to the guys from Rifle who spotted for us.
I sucked ,but will be back.

It was great to meet you, Sam, and you're right... it was one of the best times I've had in awhile. Boy, set 200 soda cans full of high explosives between 550 and 1000 yards, and with ~200 shooters in attendance you have 200 different ways to skin that cat. Very interesting assortment of firearms and personalities.

We look forward to seeing you at our next match in Rifle.

Matt