• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Reloading Equipment Gauging interest: 22 Creed brass from once fired Small primer Federal 6.5 Creed brass.

jzerfoss

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 29, 2019
WV and VA
So I got a pretty decent deal on some once fired Federal 6.5 Creedmoor small rifle primer brass from factory rifle testing. I'm going to process a good bit of it to 22 Creedmoor brass. I don't have it yet but will soon. I'll only have around 1000 that I'll consider selling. This is going to be a one time deal.

How many people would be interested in buying some of this brass ready to prime and load? $40 per hundred plus shipping via USPS flat rate.
Process would be:
Cleaned in Wet SS media
Sized in Forster 6.5 Creedmoor FL die w/ no expander
Sized in Redding 6mm Creedmoor FL die w/ no expander
Trimmed in a Giraud trimmer (don't have a 22 Creed setup yet) or Chamfered if trimming isn't needed
Sized in Redding 22 Creedmoor FL die w/ no expander
Neck expanded in with Sinclair .222" mandrel

I can offer neck turning for an additional fee of 30 cents per case.

Last edited:
Received the brass. Looks pretty good! I test sized and turned necks on a few and it came out good. I'm going to test fire these a few times once I get my action back from my smith to make sure there isn't any issues that pop up in the first few firings. I didn't wet tumble these because I'm not going to do just 3.
Snapchat-1056489215.jpg

Snapchat-761307564.jpg

I tested the primer pockets today. I still don't have my action back for my 22 Creed so I necked some down to shoot in my 6 Creed. I shot and reloaded the same piece of brass without annealing. With moderate load of 41.2 grs of H4350, Fed 205m primers, under a 112gr match burner the primer pocket still had plenty of tension left after 10 reloadings. I could have kept going but I ran out of time and figured 10 reloadings with more life left is a pretty solid number.