Gauging interest : east coast Long Range NV/Thermal meet up.

Eliteuas

Elite Unlocked Aiming Solutions
PX Member
Commercial Supporter
PX Member
Minuteman
Jul 3, 2018
Grantville, PA.
So as the title states, I’d like to gauge interest for a long range NV/ thermal meet and greet hide style . I have permissions to some land that most likely can get us 1k-1200 yards after the crop is cut. (This fall) at the very least 800 yards. This is 3 mins from my house and we can BBQ at my place afterwords (edit: or before hand) and drink plenty-o- beer. 😂
I’m near Hershey PA, accommodations for yourself will be on you, and you must have some sort of night gear to join. This isn’t a “ let me come check out others cool toys without bringing my own type of thing” lol
So if your in Maryland; the Virginia’s, Ohio, NY etc... and wanna make the drive. Or if your extra fancy and wanna fly down, your welcome to. Let’s plan this out as a group. It’ll be on a weekend, most likely a Saturday night. And it’ll be in the fall. No cost, but if you wanna pitch in for some steak and beer it’s kindly appreciated as I know you savages probably eat like wolves combined with fat bastard from Austin powers.
lol
Regards
Felipe B.
Edit : there’s two hotels that are decently priced maybe 1/3 mile away from both the farm and my house...

Last edited:

Eliteuas

PX Member
Commercial Supporter
PX Member
Minuteman
Jul 3, 2018
Grantville, PA.
Are we doin’ it nekkid? If so, count me in!
nothing against the gheys but I don’t play like that big homie! 😂😂😂😂 keep that energy over there, this bbq& shoot is for night goons only. I forgot to put it in the clause.... no unicorns 🦄 allowed unless it’s of the Nightvision/thermal realm. Real men drink beer. Not fruitcups 😂😂😂😂😂

Reactions: silentwoods

Eliteuas

PX Member
Commercial Supporter
PX Member
Minuteman
Jul 3, 2018
Grantville, PA.
Guys I know most people on here have seen the cool toys before and have land to shoot on. This is meant as a get together to meet like minded individuals and shoot different and cool gear!

Eliteuas

PX Member
Commercial Supporter
PX Member
Minuteman
Jul 3, 2018
Grantville, PA.
Also.. might be smarter to bbq before hand considering this is a night shoot.... although I don’t know how beer and guns will mix / resonate with some of y’all.

Eliteuas

PX Member
Commercial Supporter
PX Member
Minuteman
Jul 3, 2018
Grantville, PA.
I should add suppressors are a big necessity ! I still have to check with the farmer if we can even shoot unsupressed at night , I’m assuming most of y’all that have night toys have enough coin to invest into proper hearing protection!

Reactions: Jgunner

cajer

Private
Minuteman
Jun 28, 2020
Im a beginner with only goggles and an ar15 without any fancy night sights. I might be in the area at the time. Would it be ok if I joined in also?

TheHorta

Matthew 5:44
PX Member
Minuteman
  • Jan 17, 2014
    NO AL
    Go around!
    Going “around” is even worse — NY!:eek:

I’m from NH (dad still lives there). MA is the original communist state. NY followed and doubled down. Then CT, the “Constitution State” according to their lying-ass license plates, went and tried to prove they’re even more commie than MA and NY. Of course, then there’s NJ, which is both the armpit of America AND the model that Commiefornia aspires to be.

Poor Piper. He’s surrounded worse than Custer.

Eliteuas

PX Member
    Commercial Supporter
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    Jul 3, 2018
    Grantville, PA.
    I forgot NY boys can’t have suppressors... lol y’all have been banished from the meet and greet! No New Yorkers shall be allowed on premises! 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

NHPiper

Tactical Bagpiper
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    Feb 17, 2017
    Concord, NH

I’m from NH (dad still lives there). MA is the original communist state. NY followed and doubled down. Then CT, the “Constitution State” according to their lying-ass license plates, went and tried to prove they’re even more commie than MA and NY. Of course, then there’s NJ, which is both the armpit of America AND the model that Commiefornia aspires to be.

hahaha thank god we have the tools to hold them off and can always through bags of toe nail clippings we haven’t traded in the Hide.
    @WillHugh and I are in!

Reactions: TheHorta

Eliteuas

PX Member
    Commercial Supporter
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    Jul 3, 2018
    Grantville, PA.
    When you guys have one of these meetups in the United States, let me know.
    Will do brother. I was planning on Mexico for the second one... but in that case we will keep it stateside lol 😂 I hear ITAR is feenin’ for some delinquents to try some dumb shit, atleast that’s the hint I’ve received from the numerous idiots tryng to get me to export them some NODS. Lol #nowayjose

Jgunner

Major Hide Member
    Hessian
    PX Member
    Minuteman
  • Jul 29, 2019
    Arizona

Catch a boat, plane or anything (underground railroad?)

TheHorta

Matthew 5:44
    PX Member
    Minuteman
  • Jan 17, 2014
    NO AL
    Sorry, I can’t afford the gas to get to PA.

Looks like y’all are gonna have to come to ‘Bama.

Reactions: Eliteuas

Eliteuas

PX Member
    Commercial Supporter
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    Jul 3, 2018
    Grantville, PA.
    Will update this in the next couple days with more info. As well as a poll on when we should do the meet up. Majority weekend will win. I’d essentially like an RSVP and will limit it at a certain number of shooters, that will still be determined. If all goes smooth and turnout is good there’s nothing stopping me from doing this every couple months?!

Reactions: NHPiper

Eliteuas

PX Member
    Commercial Supporter
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    Jul 3, 2018
    Grantville, PA.
    Will be updating thread accordingly as more details become available. Still working with the farmer to allow this to happen! Biggest obstacle right now is cattle, if someone shoots a cow on accident !? Well it would be a cluster fuck lol 😂

NHPiper

Tactical Bagpiper
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    Feb 17, 2017
    Concord, NH
    Will be updating thread accordingly as more details become available. Still working with the farmer to allow this to happen! Biggest obstacle right now is cattle, if someone shoots a cow on accident !? Well it would be a cluster fuck lol 😂
    Are turn into an awesome BBQ!

SierraLima

Private
    PX Member
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    Dec 11, 2012
    VA
    Might be helpful to wait for fall/winter for foliage so cows are extra visible.

Or show him that Cratos watching mice in a field, if that doesnt convince him might find a new property.

silentwoods

Sergeant of the Hide
    Hessian
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    Apr 14, 2020
    I'm hoping this lands on a weekend where I can make this.
    I have a bunch of NV and cans to use, and shooting LR in the dark is my favorite.
    Little less than 12 hours for me, but this sounds like it'll be worth a scenic drive 😁

Eliteuas

PX Member
    Commercial Supporter
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    Jul 3, 2018
    Grantville, PA.
    Update: I’ll have a final position by the weekend. If he says yes I’ll need forms filled out for every participant claiming they are responsible for their own actions & that there will be no responsibility/liability on his part. Shoot his equipment or livestock you pay the bill.
    Also might be a caliber restriction , (as in no .338lm Of 50bmg lol) suppressed only & it’ll top out at either .223 or .308. If y’all are cool with that we will make this happen most likely.

Eliteuas

PX Member
    Commercial Supporter
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    Jul 3, 2018
    Grantville, PA.
    Here’s what I just sent him based on what we have talked about/ what his concerns are. Hopefully this nullifies some concerns as far as accuracy of these weapons & of the shooters. Biggest concerns at the moment seem to be shooting into neighboring farms & or livestock/ equipment...

“Alrighty so here is my idea. Barbecue / meet and greet / Nightvision / thermal long range shooting event. Once a year, Limit capacity would be 15 shooters, on a pre approved night of your choice. Range 600 yards and in(or maybe 800), in 100 yard increments with steel targets at each range. One firing line, I'll be the range master making sure everyone is safe and that nothing can go wrong. Caliber restrictions .308 or .223 and under. These are considered small calibers that fit in short action guns. Bolt action firearms only. Suppressors/ silencers will be mandatory. Everyone will fill out a form weeks in advance saying you (the owner) are not liable for any wrong doing, and that they are responsible for any damage to your crops , livestock or equipment. All of these guys either are known to me, or friends of those known to me. No random people, all have references for being safe shooters and all compete in long range shooting. Most of these guys can shoot a 2-4” group at 500 yards, just so you have an idea; we won't be doing any unsafe shooting or anything like that. All of these guys have 10k-30k+ into their rifles and night gear . This isn't some sort of low budget guns or low quality room for error type shooting. These guys are professionals. There will most likely be half a million dollars worth of Nightvision equipment being used, so by no means do I want you to think it's just some folks dicking off on your property. There will be a set of strict rules to follow”

Did I miss anything ?