• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gauging Interest in 10-22 Stock

paraman1

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 10, 2003
Boise , Idaho
My Pard designed and built this stock a while back and is wondering if there would be any interest in them . It would be made of Laminate wood and the grit texture <span style="font-weight: bold">would not</span> be on the final version . Cost would be in the 275 dollar range .

jim11.JPG

Re: Gauging Interest in 10-22 Stock

IT looks very similar to the Boyd's tacticool with a larger forend. Are there marked differences I don't see?

The fore-end is more like an A3 whereas the Boyds is like an HS precision or an miniature version of the A5 , the rear of the stock is wider and rounded like an A3 with a high comb that runs all the way to the back , the bottom is rounded on this not squared and flat like on the boyds , the hook is actually useable on it compared to the boyds and the inletting would be waaaay better quality-wise if my Boyds Tacticool is any indication of the quality . I will try and get over to my pards Sunday or Monday and do some comparison shots of the Tacticool to this stock but they are not really all that similar .

Looks great! Im sure a lot of the Savage MKII guys would be on this if it is possible for other inlets

It runs about 10 grand per inlet so he is only interested in doing one for the 10-22 right now .

I'd like to see some better pictures. That stock looks hot, but with the grey to white fade and lighting, it's kind of difficult to pic out any real features. It almost looks like a silhouette.

I second Bretts' other inlet idea too, but I would rather see them in the CZ 452 line.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Michael N</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Cost would be in the 275 dollar range .

jim11.JPG
</div></div>

You are going to need to sell some features here. A Boyds costs $92, take a look at the Manners group buy for CZ 452 stocks, the price point has them still trying to get to 50 orders.

The shape looks good but if that's a laminate the area between the grip and the buttock looks like a weak point if it's not reinforced.

Boyds has everyone beat price wise but all the tacticools I have handled had horrible fit and finish . This is basically a Laminate A3 that will fit a 10-22 for roughly 200 bucks less than Joel Russo is selling his for and 125-150 less than the Manners which is a different design and composite . Like I said , I will try and get some better pictures of the stock as well as details on what the finish would be like when I get back from my Daughters Softball tournament this weekend .