• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes GDI B-model ACOG mount - co-witness?

OregonShooter

Private
Minuteman
Nov 7, 2003
I didn't know how other to phrase the questions, but I've got a new TA01-NSN that I'm mounting on my AR15 and have decided on the GDI mount but not if I want the "B" or "E" model.

I'd like the B-model to tuck a BUIS under but can't find any through the scope images or even review of what to expect as a sight picture with it and how much it affect the cheek weld?

I'm running a fixed FSB and SOPMOD stock, and PREFER a "heads up" weld but not a chin weld. I just switched from a TR24R in a Laure 1.93 mount and would like to keep the same height ratio on the ACOG if possible.

QUESTION:
1. with the b-model will I basically be looking at a 2/3 picture?
2. anyone have issues with the chin weld on this mount?
3. if you have examined both, which do you prefer?

Re: GDI B-model ACOG mount - co-witness?

You don't co-witness magnified optics like the ACOG and irons, it wont work.

The standard ACOG mount, and the GDI E model will mount the ACOG as the same height as the iron sights, about 2.6 inches above the bore.

The Larue 1.93 puts the center of a scope about 3.3 inches above the bore on an AR15. The GDI B mount appears to put the ACOG higher then the standard mount, so that is most likely what you will want to get.

Re: GDI B-model ACOG mount - co-witness?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Postal0311</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You don't co-witness magnified optics like the ACOG and irons, it wont work.</div></div>

Agreed, that's why I said I didn't know how else to phrase it. I'm looking for the relationship of the FSB to the GDI b mount's height.

I figure the same way you do, just hoping to find someone that has used the setup and can confirm from experience and relay if they ended up liking the higher height on the ACOG or not.