• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Gearing up for the "ban"

ewoaf

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Jan 25, 2009
    Albemarle VA
    beaurobbins.com
    I friend reminded me today about the twice yearly gun show happening in the neighboring town this weekend, so off I went. I had a beater shotty to sell to make room in the safe, and subsequently sold it to the first Joe that asked about it. Now, I'm the kind of guy that has to walk around a million times, once for every idea of a need that pops into my head, then once for every new idea that is spawned by each acquisition. So I make my third or so round past the man's table that bought the shotty and came across these.
    35avo2c.jpg

I gave him back the $100 that he gave me for the shotty and took them home. They're a .30 cal with a load of 20gr FFF. I then put one in each front pocket and walked over to Tony Bork's table of Bork's guns. He does a lot of high end custom work for the IPSC crowd in Cody, WY on 1911s and what not. I told him that I had a project in mind and needed some engraving done along with some trijicons and a Wilson trigger installed. When he asked "on what?" I pulled one out....

So I pulled a 00 buck and gor my 9 rounds out of her. They're .32 and work without a patch, although quite a stiff ram. I also have some 110 FMJ .30 carbine projos that seem like they'd be a good fit with a patch. Still haven't shot them yet. Anyone got any .30 balls or a mold out there?

Yeah that's definitely a railroad spike. Looks cool, would like to see it in action. I've never seen anything like that.

I've heard of knives being made from spikes, but never a muzzleloader. good luck with your project