• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Geissele 1-6 scope

hunter8793

AEKDB
Minuteman
Apr 18, 2018
Arkansas
I was making a joke about them possibly bringing a scope to market about a week ago... and here it is lol
17599F9D-E1F2-4499-9278-1D089F716566.jpeg

Any guess(s) as to who's making it for them... and where...? Paging ILya

My thoughts exactly.

There's always a market for something better and/or cheaper then current offerings. Even a lighter 1-6 razor that's cheaper then the kahles would sell well.

Just have to see what it is.

I just wish they’d ship the BUIS I ordered on Black Friday. I love G’a products but this seems like a stretch. Maybe I’ll be pleasantly surprised when more details are available.

If it performs well optically/mechanically and it's priced right it could be good, but if it's around the price of the Gen IIe then it might not do so well.

I just wish they’d ship the BUIS I ordered on Black Friday. I love G’a products but this seems like a stretch. Maybe I’ll be pleasantly surprised when more details are available.
Send them a note tomorrow because they're going to get hammered at SHOT, I just got my National Match Trigger I ordered on Black Friday with a whole bunch of swag, I've ordered other stuff from them before and didn't get this much swag, love the hat!

Reactions: skatz11
Need to be working on production to fill BF orders rather than designing an optic..lol If it has a quality reticle and glass it's in the conversation. The reticles worth a damn IMO in the LVPO aren't really found in the 1200-1500 range. You've got to step up to Kahles or an NX8 or something equivalent to have a quality reticle. Not a fan of the VMR-2, horseshoes are alright but the illum on the ffp version isn't there, and i'm not really a BDC guy.

Hard to really find where this scope is supposed to win.

It's 24oz, 1-6, and still about 1k. Reticle is nothing to write home about.

The 26mm objective is interesting, I guess.

Seems like they're trying to shave some money off that Razor 2 market, but when they haven't yet shipped Black Friday orders, this investment seems curious.

I have not seen a whole lot of 1-6x26 scopes, so I am curious. I mostly see 24mm and 28mm objectives on LPVOs.

I have an appointment with Geissele during SHOT, so I'll take a look. 24 ounce weight is unexpected.

Most people are going lighter. I just received the new Delta Stryker HD 1-6x24 that is OEM'ed by LOW and it is 17 ounces. Simple mrad reticle, covered turrets, good FOV and a very bright dot. Definitely day bright.

I have not shot with it yet, but looks like a decent option. Not sure how it will be priced, but probably right around $1k or just under.

I'll see if I can get my hands on the Giessele scope for a side-by-side.

ILya

I have not seen a whole lot of 1-6x26 scopes, so I am curious. I mostly see 24mm and 28mm objectives on LPVOs.

I have an appointment with Geissele during SHOT, so I'll take a look. 24 ounce weight is unexpected.

Most people are going lighter. I just received the new Delta Stryker HD 1-6x24 that is OEM'ed by LOW and it is 17 ounces. Simple mrad reticle, covered turrets, good FOV and a very bright dot. Definitely day bright.

I have not shot with it yet, but looks like a decent option. Not sure how it will be priced, but probably right around $1k or just under.

ILya

Now we are talking. Can't wait to see it. Would prefer a simple BDC on that type of optic, but either way I'll take it. Still using p4xi's on a couple of SBR's due to weight/price.

Curious to see your take on the Arrowhead as well.

This scope is IP66 rated, and I believe that means no immersion in water. *I* just can't get past the 24oz weight. IMHO, I still believe for a 0-400yd optic, the 17oz, generous eye box, huge 1x FOV, top tier glass, the proven K16i still checks the most boxes and is the one to beat.

I was a bit surprised when I saw this announced. There are already a lot of good options out there. This will likely be a good scope, but the Geissele price tag might prevent it from getting big.

Now we are talking. Can't wait to see it. Would prefer a simple BDC on that type of optic, but either way I'll take it. Still using p4xi's on a couple of SBR's due to weight/price.

Curious to see your take on the Arrowhead as well.

I have the 1-10x24 Arrowhead, Delta Stryker HD 1-6x24 and two Delta Hornet 1-6x24 scopes, one with a smal mrad-based tree and another with a BDC that also incorporates some wind holds. Hornet scopes are a bit cheaper and do not have illumination as bright as the Stryker. They do seem rather well-made, but having just received them the jury is still out.

I'll make sure I look at the new Geissele scope. They know their stuff, so I have to assume that if they are coming out with a scope there is something to it.

ILya

This scope is IP66 rated, and I believe that means no immersion in water. *I* just can't get past the 24oz weight. IMHO, I still believe for a 0-400yd optic, the 17oz, generous eye box, huge 1x FOV, top tier glass, the proven K16i still checks the most boxes and is the one to beat.

K16i is an awesome scope, but it is more expensive. In the SFP 1-6x24 world, I agree that it is the one to beat. There are some arguably better scopes on the hunting side of things, but they do not have the right reticles for this.

Stryker and Geissele are playing in the $1k range and the have to go up against the 1-6x24 Razor Gen 2 and Leupold VX-6HD 1-6x24 (somehow I do not hear anything about this scope).

ILya

No idea how they determine shipping order, but I got my BUIS from Black Friday just after the new year . . .

Geissele knows that the AR crowd is more concerned with how well the FDE annodizing matches the rest of their build than with the fine points of which LPVO has the best performance to value ratio...I have a hunch this optic will sell really well to the 50 shades of FDE crowd.

The real question is, will these bend like their rails?

will they have “unique” corncob rougher marks left on an inside radius from machining?

We know they won’t color match. Ever.

Sign me up for 3 so I can be Super!

Seriously though, I hope they aren’t Chinese. If they are the guy from Texas will have a field day.

This thing is ugly. Now this is going to be interesting Gen 3 vortex 1-10 and vortex warranty is the standard. 1-6 is out dated.
We are getting a 1-10 in the same weight of the 1-6 with 34mm tube and length size.

Sorry but this is a waste.

Reactions: GhostFace
This thing is ugly. Now this is going to be interesting Gen 3 vortex 1-10 and vortex warranty is the standard. 1-6 is out dated.
We are getting a 1-10 in the same weight of the 1-6 with 34mm tube and length size.

Sorry but this is a waste.
It is especially gonna be a waste when people start selling off their Razor 1-6 to buy the 1-10. That might make the Razor price fall around the $800 or less mark. At that price, with the lifetime warranty... the G is way behind.

At that weight and feature set there are plenty of good 1-8's in that price point.

They are hopping into a very saturated market segment.

Agreed. I have a kahles k16i and think it is still ideal for 0 to 300 or 400 or so.

I imagine it's aim at the LEO market as well - easier to get whole packages to departments with everything they need.

When it's your own money the smart / invested person spends carefully.

When it's not, you often take what is given.

ILya

Delete

They’re out of stock. I’m assuming they’ve never been in stock because a search turns up nothing.

I purchased one last month with the 35% coupon and uses it for a week and returned it after the illumination went dead.

I compared this to a razor g2 1-6x which is suppose to be from the same plant.

This IS not even close to the razor!

Even with a 26mm, I noticed no difference and the FOV at 1x wasn't even as wide as the razor and worse at 6x.

The lens had a slightly bluish tint comparable to the RMR and the CA at 6x is so noticeable.

The waterproof test is invalid since I rarely will be running it in the rain and such but it is disappointing.

The reticle is a little nicer than the Razor offerings but the turrets suck ass!

Where the razor has nice and crisp clocks, the G is more like the ATCR. So this is preference.

After owning this and several of their rails and triggers. They need to just stick with what they are good at, which is their triggers!