• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Geissele 1-6x LPVO scope on sale

hunter8793

AEKDB
Minuteman
Apr 18, 2018
Arkansas
It is on sale on their website. The black one is $350 and the DDC one is $400. These are made in Japan, but I have no experience with them. But it seems like it would be a screaming deal.

Anyone have any experience with them?

At this price point, I went ahead and ordered one.

That’s almost “too good to be true” pricing…
975 down to 350/1075 down to 400???

…or it’s closer to where it should have been in the first place

Reactions: hunter8793
Yeah I don't think they have been as popular as they thought they would be. Probably just getting rid of them.

I remember when Rainier Arms fire saled those Mercon 1-6x scopes... I thought about buying one but held off.

I'm not missing out this time lol

$350 is like Vortex Strikeagle money

Reactions: dms416
On a 1-6 with no daylight bright dot?…shit better be SFP with the specs they got.
I agree but it's a strange optic for them to push with their pedigree. Makes more sense as a hunting scope so it's odd coming from them. Maybe it's just me....

I agree but it's a strange optic for them to push with their pedigree. Makes more sense as a hunting scope so it's odd coming from them. Maybe it's just me....

Good illumination isn’t cheap and would cut into profit margin. Their “pedigree” has lost some steps with their vertical integration and “super” everything.

Even in 1-6x any ffp reticle worth a fuck is going to struggle at 1x and even then it’s probably only going to have value 4-6x…if that. At which point, the SFP loses nothing and is not the issue in an lpvo that many believe.

Pretty well deliberated that the argument for ffp begins in an 8x+ for most. Lpvos in the 1-4, 1-6 realm are better off being light, simple (and hopefully affordable).

they had LOW make an arguably worse scope than a PST 2 for more money than a Razor. It’s no wonder it didn’t sell.

Reactions: TheMammoth
I think they missed the mark with their core audience because they're all second focal plane optics....

giphy.gif

• Haha
Reactions: BurtG
Their “pedigree” has lost some steps with their vertical integration

Wait, everyone in gun forums tells me outsourcing is bad. Now vertical integration (the exact opposite) is bad too?

Help a manufacturing guy out here.......

Wait, everyone in gun forums tells me outsourcing is bad. Now vertical integration (the exact opposite) is bad too?

Help a manufacturing guy out here.......

Obviously they outsource the optics but clearly want their name on every component they can.

As far as their in-house components, let’s just say not everything is to the same standard as the triggers and early rails that gained them their rep

Obviously they outsource the optics but clearly want their name on every component they can.

As far as their in-house components, let’s just say not everything is to the same standard as the triggers and early rails that gained them their rep

So you mean quality is not dependent on making all your shit yourself? Who knew?

The gun forums amuse me with their manufacturing knowledge. From "nitride is a coating" to "nitride everything on a gun" to "outsourcing is bad for quality" those of us whose professional life revolves around actually making products LOL a lot.

The $425 MK18 rails that are never in stock were somehow $190 last night… they had/have everything marked way down.

This is one of the most overpriced optics ever at its msrp lol

I bought one years ago when they first came out.. seemed like a nice quality scope and of course I paid a lot more than current sale price. If I recall, one of the big complaints was that the scope wasn’t waterproof, or at least didn’t have a sufficient water rating compared to other optics

Any reviews or thoughts yet from the guys that ordered one.

Last edited:
I just received it, pricing back to normal $1076 or whatever. Looks good. Heavier than I was expecting

Same here. It’s a little piglet.

I have’t mounted it yet, but these are my initial impressions-

Pros: Glass is good, it’s easy to get behind and it appears to be well built. I like the adjustment knobs.
Cons: There’s a little bit of a tunnel effect. Not as bad as a PST but not nearly as good as the razor. Reticle sucks. Illumination could be better, but it’s not awful. Some distortion at 1x.

I think of it as a Wish version of a Razor, especially with the purpe-grey anodizing. It’s like a quality knockoff that looks right until you get up close and notice all the little things that are a bit off. Quality is similar to my delta Stryker. I like the Stryker better though. Then again, it was almost twice as expensive. I’d probably put it in the same class of optics.

For the money, it’s a win. No doubt it will serve its intended function.