• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Geissele 16” CHF Barrel: A Quick Look

Not directed at you, but at the AR15.com post. Apologies, I should have been more clear.

There’s a difference between having one or two hiccups and sending out a bunch of complete rifles and uppers that can’t shoot more than one round because the brass gets stuck in the chamber. There’s a bunch of people who have had this issue, myself included. When they sent back my “repaired” upper, it was having short stroking issues. Turns out the barrel nut wasn’t even hand tightened. I like Geissele’s triggers, handguards and optics mounts. They can keep the rest.

Other companies have definitely sent out some defective guns and it was quite a few rifles. I think the biggest issue with Geissele was their CS was non existent for a long time. They had a real chance to do the industry a solid a produce a rifle that was affordable but more than basic (When the Super duty first came out). Unfortunately they went down the wrong path with their price points, QC and CS. I still love my 14.5" SD but I wouldn't buy another, same thing with an Arsenal AK (they went down the same hole).

Reactions: Constructor
LMTs are hands down the strongest and best design imho. Not obnoxious handles and well designed

Haven't tried one as I pretty much only shoot suppressed so Radian and Geissele have been my go to.

Man, you guys are doing a great job of making me want to throw my geiselle sd in the nearest garbage can.