• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Geissele and Larue trigger question

JsnSanko

Private
Minuteman
Oct 1, 2011
So I have been playing with triggers lately trying to shrink groups. This means for me swapping some triggers back and forth between rifles.

My triggers that I have been working with:

Geissele National Match High Speed
Geissele SSA-E
Geissele G2S
Larue MBT-2S
RRA National Match Varmint

Not wanting to debate the feel or function of any of these. My question is simple. Does it seem to anyone besides me that the hammer spring on the Larue is WAY heavier of a spring. I have a hard time installing them sometimes. It’s a struggle to get it in and the pins aligned to slide a punch through and remove the slave to drive the pin. If Giessele is correct and those springs are milspec standard springs the Larue spring has to be heavier. I work in my lap with an apron like Geissele does in his videos. Just works for me.

Does anyone understand the engineering behind that? Is it heavier?

FYI, I like all of those triggers for my weapons. I do not buy Geissele G2S or RRA triggers anymore. It’s between the top three and all for different reasons on builds.

Last edited:
I always stand at my vise with the lower in a vice block. It’s been a while since I installed anything other than Larue so maybe I’m just used to the hammer springs. I’ve still got a few guns laying around with Geissele triggers in them but I buy Larue exclusively for the last few years.

I have installed numerous G triggers and a few LaRue triggers. I have not noticed much difference. It is not unusual for me to switch/install four or five triggers at a time. Not sure of your method , but I put the lower on a vise block In my vise. I use slave pins for the trigger and use a punch as a slave pin for the hammer. On occasion the hammer pin install can cause an extra moment of grief, but nothing problematic.

Cheers, Steve