• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Geissele dilema... DMR or National Match?

AZ.noob

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 9, 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
Just like the thread title says, DMR or NM is the question.

Precision platform, prone/bench. No plans for hunting with this rifle, primarily for mid-range (out to 600yd) target use only.
I'm looking for input from y'all who have one or both of these triggers.

I've got the Super Dynamic Enhanced with the straight trigger and I love it. I don't see as many suggestions for it as I do the SSA-E, so maybe it isn't as good, but I've never shot the SSA-E.

I've got the DMR in my SASS.
It took me a while to get it just right, I have the 1st stage lighter then my 2nd stage, and I have it perfect. Where I like it anyway. If I had to do it again, I would probably go with the SSA-E, just to avoid the day took to get it adjusted just right. I have my second stage adjusted to 2 lbs. 3 oz., my first days at just a hair under one and a half pounds. And I think it's the perfect trigger in my rifle. But it was a pain in the ass!
I've never used the national match trigger before, but I think it would be a little too light for my preference. If you have the time, patients, and tools then go with the DMR. But the SSA – E is an awesome trigger.
The DMR was just a little too light on the second stage for me. That little glass rod wall wasn't consistent enough for me, until I adjusted it a little heavier. But be careful bending the spring wires for the first stage, a little bit goes a long ways. When I first started adjusting mine, I bent the springs about 11°, it was too light to consistently make the trigger return to the forward position. 6° to 8° was just about perfect for mine. Good luck buddy, let us know what you choose and how you like it.

I have the DMR with the Match springs (tried both) and for me, with all honesty, I just prefer the way the SSA-E I have is set up better.

With that I should say that the DMR is fantastic with all of it's adjustability, but the SSA-E is perfection with no fuss.

I have all the Geissele triggers...Four (4) NM triggers, and 3 of the SSA-Es that you are asking about.

Both are very nice triggers with a properly tuned NM trigger being unbelievably great. They usually ship with 3 sets of springs and with the "match rifle springs", you can get the pull weight down to 2lbs or less...it feels like a precision benchrest trigger....

Don't buy the NM trigger...it'll ruin you.

Just like the thread title says, DMR or NM is the question.

Precision platform, prone/bench. No plans for hunting with this rifle, primarily for mid-range (out to 600yd) target use only.
I'm looking for input from y'all who have one or both of these triggers.

I have an SSA-E and a DMR. I like them both. The DMR has an adjustable 2nd stage pull weight. It is possible to have a lighter pull weight with the DMR. It ha a much different break in my hands than the SSA-E. The adjustability is nice to have.

However, it is really nice not to have to fiddle with a trigger and get consistent performance.

I don't think you can go wrong with either.

BR,

I have both the DMR and SSA-E triggers, both are very good but the DMR is by far superior for a precision rifle. I have the SSA-E's in all of my carbines and DMR for the precision stuff. The DMR does take a bit longer to set up but the extra time is worth it....it's a fantastic trigger and I am not sure how much more you could expect.

N-M, for the MATCH RIFLE, not service rifle you will be happy. i ran one in a AR10 loved it.

the trigger you are talking about is the "high-speed", which can be setup with 3 different spring sets (National Match, DMR, Match), which determine the pull weight of the trigger. I bought my Hi-Speed from Rainier Arms because they include all three spring sets with the trigger. I use the DMR springs and am quite happy with them.

Have three SSA-E's, one DMR and three NM-Match, and prefer NMM for both full adjustability and repeatable precision. Sure, they take a few extra minutes to tune to your preference, but it's time well spent and finished product, once lightly loctited, is every bit as reliable as an SSA or E. My E's are on carbines, NM reserved for the precision gassers. All said, mine wear Geissele, or wear nothing at all.

Last edited:
I have several SSA-E's but my Hi-Speed Match's are superior.
The SSA-E is 90-95% of the HS functionally but only 75% of the cost.

Match. I have one on my OBR and it is absurd. It is REAL light though. Spend some time adjusting it, testing it, and re-adjusting it. I believe the main spring is 1.5lbs and the second stage is paper thin and maybe half a pound at most. Read the information, watch the videos and then do it again and again until you really understand how the trigger is designed and how it works.

IIRC all the Hi-Speed triggers use interchangeable springs, so if you go with the Match trigger, you can put a DMR main spring on it.

Just know that when you touch that trigger, it is business time. Once you take up the first stage there is almost nothing stopping it from discharging.

I first purchased the SSA-E for the ease of having a non adjustable trigger with a clean break. I then tried the HI-speed trigger and ended up purchasing 2 more for my other rifles. I ordered them from rainier cause it comes with all 3 trigger spring sets to try out.

I first purchased the SSA-E for the ease of having a non adjustable trigger with a clean break. I then tried the HI-speed trigger and ended up purchasing 2 more for my other rifles. I ordered them from rainier cause it comes with all 3 trigger spring sets to try out.

Yup. I forgot to mention that Rainier does sell them with all three main springs. IIRC Geissele will send out the other trigger springs pretty cheap if you find Rainier out of stock and order elsewhere.

For me:
Single stage triggers will be "shitty" mil-spec LPK triggers ground down by thousands of trigger pulls.
Two stage triggers will be Geissele Hi-Speeds - purchased in the future from Rainier if possible.