• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Geissele GFR 6 ARC

zekers7

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
Oct 26, 2017
Any updates on this? Only see news from shot 22 and 23 that it’s “coming soon”

As well as some very wild YouTube shooting “review” from 2 weeks ago

It’s coming, hopefully this year. I know they are doing multiple barrel lengths but probably expect 16” or 18” first.

I like their triggers but, not really impressed with the rest especially after their gas port issues and the answers they had.

I am out of loop there, I need to read about this.

I am out of loop there, I need to read about this.
They have below average QC and drilled some middies with carbine length port sizes then claimed that was their spec…when the barrels wouldn't reliably cycle.

• Wow
Reactions: tex68w
They have below average QC and drilled some middies with carbine length port sizes then claimed that was their spec…when the barrels wouldn't reliably cycle.

Well that certainly brings me up to speed. That's a bummer. I wish there were a reputable factory 16" 6ARC out there.

The early shooting reports on that rifle were amazingly good. We ordered some in February, which means nothing. With most rifle manufacturers, what we order after shot show is normally 9 to 12 months to delivery. There was something really cool about their 6 ARC. I think it had to do with the gas system giving some sort of small flow of constant gas that gave the BCG a really smooth ride. The accuracy on the first few guns was very impressive.

As to Geissele QC, the only issues we have seen is occasionally with their barrels. I think they took a giant leap into the barrel business before they were ready. But, generally, they have had a good product. But, that is from my vantage point. Others may have other experiences. Their Super Duty 14.5" is very popular and reliable. We build the URGI for the clone correct market, so I prefer the military build to what Geissele builds, but we use their rail. Triggers are great. We have not bought their sling or optics. Optics mounts are extremely high quality, but a number of brands have caught up with them. Badger, ARC, Audere.

Reactions: zekers7
The early shooting reports on that rifle were amazingly good. We ordered some in February, which means nothing. With most rifle manufacturers, what we order after shot show is normally 9 to 12 months to delivery. There was something really cool about their 6 ARC. I think it had to do with the gas system giving some sort of small flow of constant gas that gave the BCG a really smooth ride. The accuracy on the first few guns was very impressive.

As to Geissele QC, the only issues we have seen is occasionally with their barrels. I think they took a giant leap into the barrel business before they were ready. But, generally, they have had a good product. But, that is from my vantage point. Others may have other experiences. Their Super Duty 14.5" is very popular and reliable. We build the URGI for the clone correct market, so I prefer the military build to what Geissele builds, but we use their rail. Triggers are great. We have not bought their sling or optics. Optics mounts are extremely high quality, but a number of brands have caught up with them. Badger, ARC, Audere.

Yes i saw in a video they are running 3 gas ports on their arc barrels?

Yes i saw in a video they are running 3 gas ports on their arc barrels?
head-scratcher-confused.gif

For real? I'd like to see a thorough explanation of the theory behind that.
Given all the gas port burr threads we get these days that sounds like triple the chance of problems.