• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Geissele got me on their New Years sale

Pappasniper

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 13, 2011
AZ
I had been looking at these Super Duty rifles for a minute. They posted the black one for $1,580 and they hooked me. I'm going to run a QD 556 Sig can, Atlas Bipod and I am going to try for the first time on a small frame gasser my fav Big frame gasser optic, NF 4-16X42. I put Offset BUIS, prolly didn't need those but I did.

I hope it runs fine but if I have to, I might add an A5 buffer system to tame the gas. I ran a Buddys 14.5 and his was not overgassed, so I'm hopeful.

PB

I ran my buddy's issued 16" the other day and was pleasantly surprised. Wasn't suppressed but I felt it was very soft shooting and not gassy at all.

Hope you enjoy it.

Reactions: Pappasniper
I had been looking at these Super Duty rifles for a minute. They posted the black one for $1,580 and they hooked me. I'm going to run a QD 556 Sig can, Atlas Bipod and I am going to try for the first time on a small frame gasser my fav Big frame gasser optic, NF 4-16X42. I put Offset BUIS, prolly didn't need those but I did.

I hope it runs fine but if I have to, I might add an A5 buffer system to tame the gas. I ran a Buddys 14.5 and his was not overgassed, so I'm hopeful.

PB

You'll get a little gas back but it's not bad. Enjoy that trigger.

Geissele got me too. I ordered a Luna Black 14.5" for the same price and I haven't received the rifle yet. Not even a shipping email. Ordered on 12/30/2021. Looks like BF 2019 to me.

Geissele got me too. I ordered a Luna Black 14.5" for the same price and I haven't received the rifle yet. Not even a shipping email. Ordered on 12/30/2021. Looks like BF 2019 to me.

Kind of weird as primary arms and a few others have definitely received batches of them.

It may be a mortal sin, but I may up the trigger weight to match my other SSA triggers that I have in everything. I'll see if I can get used to the amazing E trigger. I have shot other E's and I'll get on target but not 100% there and squeeze one off because I am so used to SSA 2lb, 2.5 break. We'll see.

I'm really hopeful it runs as well as my buddies 14.5 with can. A5 will be my first stop. They are smart enough to put in a H2 buffer and their new fangled spring, so time will tell.

I too wonder why some companies don't make their own version of an adjustable gas block and just include it standard. They already make their own gas block. Is it that much more expensive to manufacture? Interesting thought.

Range report after the Sunday fun day. 1K or bust!

Shooter McGavin, I wanna see the pics when you rattle can that bitch. Thought about it myself.​

PB

Last edited:
Bought a complete 16” Luna black upper… going to have fun Saturday breaking it in!

is anyone running theirs with a rugged suppressor? Thought about getting a SF mini 556 just for this rifle.

JimmyT My Buddy ran that Surefire can and loved it. Its not a crazy idea. Just takes a year, which sucks balls but years go by quickly. I have 3 in jail. If you don't have one in jail, you should be nervous.​

PB

Reactions: JimmyT
Bought a complete 16” Luna black upper… going to have fun Saturday breaking it in!

is anyone running theirs with a rugged suppressor? Thought about getting a SF mini 556 just for this rifle.

RC2 did well on the 11 5 and 14.5. You'll still get some gas but it's not bad at all. Soft shooter comparatively.

I ran the G rifle today an was very impressed. Not gassy at all with Sig QD 556 can. Compared it to the gun with no can and it was very similar, slightly more ejection but both were at 3:30 and pretty soft. Ran the gun out to 1K with no issues. See below the first 3 shots with no fouler shots. Shot side by side with my SR15, pretty similar.

PB

I ran the G rifle today an was very impressed. Not gassy at all with Sig QD 556 can. Compared it to the gun with no can and it was very similar, slightly more ejection but both were at 3:30 and pretty soft. Ran the gun out to 1K with no issues. See below the first 3 shots with no fouler shots. Shot side by side with my SR15, pretty similar.

PB

Mirrors my experience and was one of the reasons I sold the SR15. If you ever want to sell that trigger let me know.

Yea that trigger caused me no issues, but gracias. Thought I might have ND's, not the case.

PB

Yea that trigger caused me no issues, but gracias. Thought I might have ND's, not the case.

PB

Love that hybrid contour on the shoe. I have to settle for the SD-E in my builds because they won't sell that trigger.

PB
That a nice setup. Truly is. It will run 100%. You won't need a proprietary A5 system when that rifle is designed and gassed correctly to run with almost all ammo in almost all conditions with an H2 buffer (which is probably already in there).

I'd bet money that gas port is between 0.070-0.076", mid length gas, and Geissele put their Super 42 buffer spring and H2 in there. Thats gon a be a super smooth shooting rifle.

If you start playing with your VERY nicely tuned system, you're going to cause reliability issues.

If anything I'd venture you may need to switch out to a standard buffer spring and H1 buffer if you wamted to run some shit russian steel cased ammo because that rifle is set up to run with NATO-ish pressure ammo.

Reactions: T-dog
I don't plan to do anything with a gun that runs perfectly with a can or without. Tried both and it was similar. POI shifted up but ran very good with or without can. I will run a can 100% of the time. It has an H2 in it now with their new fangled spring. I thought I read somewhere that the gas system was much like Knights being slightly longer than mid length, I need to re check that data point. Like I said, it lobbed brass at 3:30 like perfect, it really surprised me. Very smooth gun and accurate.

First 3 shots were our house load 77grain OTM with H322, but we also shot 69gr RMR bullets that shot sub moa which is an excellent .11 bullet.

Going to run some Black Hills next week and maybe some other factory fodder.

PB

Reactions: T-dog and Jsp556
I just cleaned the gun for just a quick clean up, since I didn't do an initial cleaning. The BCG is a bit different with the cam pin being a different shape with the top being different. Anyone with this gun, know if you can put this cam pin in the wrong direction?

Seems unlikely but never hurts to ask.

PB

We talked about the length of the gas system. They call it a "Super" Mid length gas Sytem. A very detailed article if you wanna read a shit ton about this rifle and Bill Geissele hisself! I just could not figure out how this gun was so smooth with just an H2, now I know.

PB

We talked about the length of the gas system. They call it a "Super" Mid length gas Sytem. A very detailed article if you wanna read a shit ton about this rifle and Bill Geissele hisself! I just could not figure out how this gun was so smooth with just an H2, now I know.

PB
Good read. I didn't know they had a proprietary gas system length. Sounds like a very close length to what KAC does with their SR15, which is also a very smooth shooting rifle.

Looks like you done did good on your purchase.

I just cleaned the gun for just a quick clean up, since I didn't do an initial cleaning. The BCG is a bit different with the cam pin being a different shape with the top being different. Anyone with this gun, know if you can put this cam pin in the wrong direction?

Seems unlikely but never hurts to ask.

PB

I haven't tried it but I think you can put it in the wrong way if I remember correctly.

I wrote Geissele and they wrote back. "Thank you for contacting us and for your support. I cam pin can really only be installed one way. The lifted ledge of the cam pin should be on the left hand side of the BCG when installed. The top of the cam pin should read muzzle with an arrow pointing forward to ensure that you install it in the same direction everytime." So there you have it.

PB

I wrote Geissele and they wrote back. "Thank you for contacting us and for your support. I cam pin can really only be installed one way. The lifted ledge of the cam pin should be on the left hand side of the BCG when installed. The top of the cam pin should read muzzle with an arrow pointing forward to ensure that you install it in the same direction everytime." So there you have it.

PB

Guess my memory was wrong. I'm going to try it tomorrow and see if I can't get it in (swore the guy at the gunshop had a customer put it in backwards).

PB

It can be done but you would have to be retarded to do so. Couldn't wait for tomorrow, was too curious.

20220119_212624.jpg
20220119_212724.jpg

They should never underestimate how retarded folks can be. They assume people are not blind 20inches from their eyes, and will also be looking for the arrow. I didn't see it first time with my old eyes.

AngryKoala, can it be run put in backwards, or does it lock up? I mean run reliably and cycle etc.​

PB

They should never underestimate how retarded folks can be. They assume people are not blind 20inches from their eyes, and will also be looking for the arrow. I didn't see it first time with my old eyes.

AngryKoala, can it be run put in backwards, or does it lock up? I mean run reliably and cycle etc.​

PB

Didn't try it but use the lip instead of the arrow as your reference and you'll be good if you can't see the arrow.

Now that I know, I won't have any issues, just was curious how it acted installed ass backwards.

PB

I didn't know the SD bolt/carrier was proprietary?? is this like a Gen.2 or were they always from inception?
very nice rifle BTW........

I didn't know the SD bolt/carrier was proprietary?? is this like a Gen.2 or were they always from inception?
very nice rifle BTW........

I think only the cam pin is proprietary. You can take a REBCG and put a standard pin in it for mil spec receivers.

Going to do a Black Hills 77 TMK run tomorrow then give this accuracy game a rest. We also have some RMR 69 grain reloads that we might try too. Then just enjoy walking it out at distance.

PB

Well I got back in town last Thursday and picked up my Luna Black 14.5" SD. Looks good, so I threw a Vortex Razor 1-6 gen 2 and a Leupold DeltaPoint Pro on it. Need to find time to zero it before I rattle can the thing. Won't be anytime so as I am leaving for New Mexico for a family trip.

Reactions: AngryKoala
Shooter, good luck with your gun. The black Hills shot, just barely Sub MOA so not like our reloads but still shot very resectable. The 69grain hand loaded RMR bullets shot right at MOA as well.

I hope yours shoots very good as well. Are you going to run a can?

PB

Shooter, good luck with your gun. The black Hills shot, just barely Sub MOA so not like our reloads but still shot very resectable. The 69grain hand loaded RMR bullets shot right at MOA as well.

PB
I’ve had real good luck with Frontier 75 grain made at Lake City ammo plant. Need to get back out and continue barrel break in. So far, I really like my upper!

PB

I’ll be running a surefire socom suppressor

Resurrecting this thread to see if you guys have run your Super Booty rifles any more. How are you liking them long term?

I have a 16” hitting my FFL tomorrow.

Resurrecting this thread to see if you guys have run your Super Booty rifles any more. How are you liking them long term?

I have a 16” hitting my FFL tomorrow.

No issues here. Kind of in an AK/sks kick right now so I haven't shot it in a bit but the rifle runs and runs great.

Reactions: Desert_Racer

Desert_Racer

I shoot mine weekly and it has been lights out. Like I said before, Ive never put this nice of an optic on an AR ( 4-16X42 ATACR) but this gun has shot so many different factory and hand loads sub MOA. I did nothing to it and it runs very smooth with a can. Trigger is stupid nice, its just a real nice gun. I shoot this and my SR15 weekly, and it holds it own with my SR15.

Have your shot and G rifle yet? What optic are you running?

I have some nice lowers sitting around and it was hard to NOT buy and upper on their last sale.

PB

Reactions: Desert_Racer
That’s great news! I hope mine shoots as well. I am hopeful.

Brought mine home earlier this week, so I haven’t had a chance to shoot it yet. Stripped it and hosed it down with some Aerovoe Field Drab, since I probably won’t get to fire it for another week or so. The fit and finish of this rifle is really nice. Best trigger I’ve ever gotten in a factory AR, hands down.

I’ll be running an ATACR 1-8 on it.
D4FFE581-61EA-46BE-9ED4-CD91EC260C37.jpeg

That’s great news! I hope mine shoots as well. I am hopeful.

Brought mine home earlier this week, so I haven’t had a chance to shoot it yet. Stripped it and hosed it down with some Aerovoe Field Drab, since I probably won’t get to fire it for another week or so. The fit and finish of this rifle is really nice. Best trigger I’ve ever gotten in a factory AR, hands down.

I’ll be running an ATACR 1-8 on it.View attachment 7867859
1-8 ATACR is nice. I have the NXS 1-8 on my other AR, couldn't pony up for the ATACR, well done.

I just cleaned my G rifle and the BCG was nasty as usual, but the barrel cleaned up like my Krieger Bolt barrels with less than 10 patches. It was crazy, makes me further believe these barrels are very nice barrels.

PB