• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Geissele Hi-Speed Match trigger - Anyone use one?

bhart89

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 28, 2009
LA
I just received and installed a Hi-Speed Match trigger into my .260 Maten tonight. I'm starting to think that I went too light. I was under the impression that all the Hi-Speed triggers came with all three springs to run either the Match, Service or DMR pulls. I bought my trigger from Brownells and it only had the Match installed.

Anyone else using this trigger? Is it just something I'll get used too? I sent Geissele an email about purchasing the other springs.

Yes, I have a Hi-Speed Match and a Hi-Speed DMR...I have the Match set-up to release the hammer at 3.0lbs (total weight in my 5.56) and the DMR at 3.5lbs (total weight in my .308). Heavier springs will help - however, you can also adjust the second stage weight to be a little heavier and increase the trigger over travel (if you're worried about doubles). I would go through the instructions again and redo/reset all your adjustments & obviously check the 1st stage, 2nd stage, and total combined weight with a trigger pull gauge. They are so crisp, the trigger will feel lighter to your finger than what the trigger pull gauge reads.

my $0.02;)

Yep, they are the best.
Even though I mostly use SD-E's as they are a better value, the HS trigger I reserve for my better shooters.

Yes, I have a Hi-Speed Match and a Hi-Speed DMR...I have the Match set-up to release the hammer at 3.0lbs (total weight in my 5.56) and the DMR at 3.5lbs (total weight in my .308). Heavier springs will help - however, you can also adjust the second stage weight to be a little heavier and increase the trigger over travel (if you're worried about doubles). I would go through the instructions again and redo/reset all your adjustments & obviously check the 1st stage, 2nd stage, and total combined weight with a trigger pull gauge. They are so crisp, the trigger will feel lighter to your finger than what the trigger pull gauge reads.

my $0.02;)

This! I too have The Match on my SuperSASS. Rainier Arms gives you all 3 springs (service, dmr, match) if you purchase the rifle from them. I have never had a problem with the Rifle not going bang with the match spring in there. Unless you are competing, I see no point in changing out the Match Spring. Lighter is better!

Got an HS Match in my AR. I think the first stage is adjusted to ~1.8lbs, second ~1.2lbs. 3lbs is about right for me in a gas gun. The Geissele's use full power hammer springs, so no issues with light strikes there. The reset is long enough that you should have any problems with doubling. That tends to happen with light single stage triggers more than anything.

Partially relevant:

I managed to bend the trigger spring of my Hi-Speed NM trigger. Geiselle just asked me for my address to send me a new one.

Gotta love that kind of service.

I have the match in my SPR. It's an amazing trigger, that does take a little getting used to. Fine tune it to yourself and you will be in love with it.

As far as Geissele I can almost promise they will send you the springs free of charge. They have the best customer service in the industry.

Best trigger I have ever felt for an AR type rifle. I have it installed in my LMT MWS 7.62x51. Do not set the trigger too light or you will do a bumpfire magdump and get everyones attention at the range. :)

I've always had SSA-E's which I've always been pretty happy with. I just installed the Hi Speed Match yesterday and it's definitely a big step up if you've ever wished the SSA-E was a little or a lot lighter (you choose!)