• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Geissele HSNM Triggers...

Re: Geissele HSNM Triggers...

I think I'm answering your question. In my opinion, their Hi-Speed National Match is the best, assuming you want it for a Service Rifle trigger.

Is that what you want it for, for a Service Rifle? If not you might be better suited with one of their other models, or another brand all together.

I'm so pleased with my Geissele that I am going to try one of their Super 3 Gun triggers in my next AR carbine.

I have a HSNM, an SSA, and an SD-E (SD-E is similar to SSA-E but in the newly released model lineup - shorter overtravel and reset).

The HSNM is the best trigger from a purely trigger feel point of view.

The SD-E gives up little enough to the HSNM trigger that on anything but a pure competition gun I'd rather have the non-adjustable SD-C or SD-E (depending on pull weight preference).

Both the HSNM and SD-E are better than the SSA, both are also more expensive.

I actually have an SD-3 also (the kind-of-single-stage trigger) but I haven't had a chance to put it in a rifle yet.

Reactions: jc98ss

I bought one of their non-adjustable units and loved it. In fact, I switched all my gas gun triggers out for Geissele triggers. I'm more into tactical stuff so I've only tried the non-adjustable ones, but I couldn't be happier.

I used to use LMT two stage triggers but they weren't reliable enough for me (didn't always reset).

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CNC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think I'm answering your question. In my opinion, their Hi-Speed National Match is the best, assuming you want it for a Service Rifle trigger.

Is that what you want it for, for a Service Rifle? If not you might be better suited with one of their other models, or another brand all together.

I'm so pleased with my Geissele that I am going to try one of their Super 3 Gun triggers in my next AR carbine. </div></div>
I'll be installing the trigger in a dedicated 6.5 Grendel AR15 for F-class competition.

I would definitely get the Hi-Speed trigger for that application.

No question Geissele makes the best 2-stage AR trigger: select the model appropriate for your use....i'd suggest the DMR.

Everyone of my AR's have a Geissele triggers on them. They are easy to install and rock solid. I wouldn't buy any other triggers and why would I.

I recently put a HSNM match trigger in my POF 308. It is a great trigger and I set it a 2.5# stage one and 1.5# stage two. The stages are very well defined and it gives me a safe overall 4# trigger that breaks like my bolt guns in stage two.

<span style="color: #333300"><span style="font-weight: bold">F.Y.I.
Battle Arms Development, Inc. has a few package deals with their Ambi Safety Selector and a Geissele trigger which seems tempting...</span></span>

If I recall correctly the High Speed Service, Match, and DMR are all the same triggers with different springs to adjust the weights, so you can convert them by switching out the springs. The "Service Rifle" verision is designed to make weight at a CMP service rifle match. I think the DMR is the lightest weight of the three.

I have a 5.56 pof and love the timney trigger it came with. Looking now at a POR in 308. I'm guessing the geissele 2 stage would be the upgrade Ide want since this will be used as a sass. Any others you would contemplate for the POF 308?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Zanshin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If I recall correctly the High Speed Service, Match, and DMR are all the same triggers with different springs to adjust the weights, so you can convert them by switching out the springs. The "Service Rifle" verision is designed to make weight at a CMP service rifle match. I think the DMR is the lightest weight of the three. </div></div>

Actually according to the tech at Geissele the sears are cut different. The springs are different as well but it comes down to how the sear is cut.

For those who are interested in a SSA trigger I have one for sale @ $150 shipped.

<span style="color: #333300"><span style="font-weight: bold">Are there significant differences between the flat trigger bow (Geissele SD's) and the curved???</span></span>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BERTMAN77MK2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">flat is non-adjustable</div></div>

It's more complicated than that.

The SD series (flat trigger) and SSA series (curved trigger) are both non-adjustabe while the Hi-Speed series (curved trigger) are adjustable.

The SD-C and SSA are both 4.5lb two-stage. The SD-E and SSA-E are both 3.5lb two-stage. The SD series feels a little better and has a shorter reset than the SSA series. There's also the SD-3 and S3G which are totally different - sort of single stage.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: maladat</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BERTMAN77MK2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">flat is non-adjustable</div></div>

It's more complicated than that.

The SD series (flat trigger) and SSA series (curved trigger) are both non-adjustabe while the Hi-Speed series (curved trigger) are adjustable.

The SD-C and SSA are both 4.5lb two-stage. The SD-E and SSA-E are both 3.5lb two-stage. The SD series feels a little better and has a shorter reset than the SSA series. There's also the SD-3 and S3G which are totally different - sort of single stage.</div></div>
Are you speaking from personal experience?

Which part? The trigger weights and whether they have a flat or curved trigger, are adjustable or not, and are two stage or not is all in the product literature.

If you are asking about the "trigger feel" statement, I have HSNM service rifle, SSA, SD-E and SD-3G triggers. Among the two stages the HSNM is the best from a trigger feel standpoint but the adjustability adds a potential failure point. Mine is on a pure competition (high power service rifle) gun and I don't think I would want one anywhere else. The SD-E and SSA are both great triggers but I think the SD-E has a significant advantage beyond just being a pound lighter.

The SD-3G is a totally different type of trigger and I haven't spent much time with if yet. It might be the ultimate run and gun trigger, though.

I have one of their DMR triggers on my AR-10 and it has been "GOD SENT". I had a JP on that rifle before and there is just no comparison. The Geisselle feels as good as my bolt rifle's trigger.

For a two stage, ok. But guys are forced to run two stage triggers because making a good single stage that won't double in the AR15 platform is very tricky.

Put plainly. Accuracy Speaks is a better unit. But it's a single stage.

El Wray, be sure to visit the manufacturer's website for an explanation of their triggers.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: maladat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Which part? The trigger weights and whether they have a flat or curved trigger, are adjustable or not, and are two stage or not is all in the product literature.

If you are asking about the "trigger feel" statement, I have HSNM service rifle, SSA, SD-E and SD-3G triggers. Among the two stages the HSNM is the best from a trigger feel standpoint but the adjustability adds a potential failure point. Mine is on a pure competition (high power service rifle) gun and I don't think I would want one anywhere else. The SD-E and SSA are both great triggers but I think the SD-E has a significant advantage beyond just being a pound lighter.

The SD-3G is a totally different type of trigger and I haven't spent much time with if yet. It might be the ultimate run and gun trigger, though.</div></div>
More specifically, is there a significant difference/advantage between the SD-E(flat bow) and the SSA-E (curved)???

I don't have an SSA-E to compare to.

If you look at the trigger summary page on the Geissele website, both SSA and SD-C are described as 4.5 lbs with "carrot-like" break and both SSA-E and SD-E are described as 3.5 lbs with "candy cane-like" break (i.e., crisper break). I have never seen anyone mention that an SSA-E is different from an SSA in any way besides pull weight and having a crisper break.

My SD-E is (obviously) lighter and crisper than my SSA, as you would expect from the product literature, but of course an SSA-E would be, too. However, the SD-E (and presumably the SD-C) also has less overtravel and a shorter reset than the SSA (and presumably the SSA-E), which I think is a significant benefit.

The difference between the SD-C and SSA and the SD-E and SSA-E is not just the shape of the trigger. The actual hammer and sear geometry is different.

I do not have much experience to draw from other than owning and shooting my RRA AR15 and the M1A but I put the SSA-E in my LR 308 and it is sweet and simple. First stage is 2.5 pounds and second stage is 1.2 pounds. I had never changed a trigger out in any AR style rifle and it took me longer to get the rifle out of the safe than it did to install the trigger. I like stuff that works well and has few moving parts. The SSA-E does just that.

I have the SSA and it was just way too heavy. It did eliminate the creep in the stock trigger. I replaced it with the HSNM and it is awesome. I do not find it too light, it is just right. The HSNM is many times better than the SSA and easily worth the money. I thought about one of the lighter fixed triggers but liked the idea of some adjustability built into the trigger. I highly recommend it!

<span style="color: #333300"><span style="font-weight: bold">Just ordered the Geissele SSA-E from Botach Tactical.
10% off this Memorial Day weekend and free shipping!
Couldn't resist!!!</span></span>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: El Wray</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="color: #333300"><span style="font-weight: bold">Just ordered the Geissele SSA-E from Botach Tactical.
10% off this Memorial Day weekend and free shipping!
Couldn't resist!!!</span></span></div></div>

Ha ha ha...you are <span style="font-style: italic"><span style="text-decoration: underline">SCREWED</span></span>! BoTach is <span style="font-style: italic">INFAMOUS</span> for delaying orders for weeks and even <span style="font-style: italic">MONTHS</span>!

Next time, you might want to research the company you're giving business to. There numerous bad reviews of Botach Tactical online by doing a simple Google search.

<span style="font-weight: bold">Botach Tactical - Screwing Customers Daily</span>

It's been awhile since my last visit to the USAMU's gunsmithing shop at Ft. Benning. At that time, there was some consideration for replacing the SDMR KAC gen 2 trigger with the Geissel trigger. Did that ever come about?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KillShot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ha ha ha...you are <span style="font-style: italic"><span style="text-decoration: underline">SCREWED</span></span>!
</div></div>

I imagined someone actually speaking this to the OP and I laughed so hard I cried. Unfortunately, the above statement is indisputably accurate.

Josh

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BachelorJack</div><div class="ubbcode-body">For a two stage, ok. But guys are forced to run two stage triggers because making a good single stage that won't double in the AR15 platform is very tricky.

Put plainly. Accuracy Speaks is a better unit. But it's a single stage. </div></div>

Not exactly, folks use two stage triggers to get a decent pull weight and still comply with service rifle competition rules, which require the trigger to hold 4.5 pounds. A two stage trigger can be set for something like 2.25 on the first stage and 2.25 on the second stage, and comply with rules; however, a single stage set for let's say 2.5 pounds will not hold 4.5 pounds. That's the only reason you don't typically see single stage triggers used in rifles for service rifle competition. BTW, any trigger which does not hold 7 pounds is subject to doubling, single or two stage, when accomodated by a loose grip, and when the shooter does not continue to depress the trigger until recoil has subsided.

One more thing, how is the Accuracy Speaks trigger "clearly better"?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BachelorJack</div><div class="ubbcode-body">For a two stage, ok. But guys are forced to run two stage triggers because making a good single stage that won't double in the AR15 platform is very tricky. </div></div>

A good two stage trigger is easier to shoot for precision than a good single stage trigger of the same pull weight. Olympic target rifles use two stage triggers. There is nothing inferior about two stage triggers.

Service rifle competition isn't the only reason either (although I am sure virtually every serious SR competitor uses them).
smile.gif