• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Geissele Mid-Length+?

TonyTheTiger

Like a Boss
Minuteman
Feb 14, 2017
Is this a proprietary gas length? Or just G branded intermediate length? Or am I just reading too far into a fancy way of saying mid length gas..

Last edited:
That's kinda what I was thinking. It looks shorter than the intermediate I have sitting in front of me, and thats 1.8" longer than the mid next to it. I thought about measuring the picture and scaling up but the last two times I did all that work it turned out to be a stock photo that didn't accurately represent the product.
Not sure why they wouldn't just use good old intermediate, its a proven winner.

Has Geissele been making barrels long? I also read they have a Hammer Forge tool so now they're one of the few that can make a barrel thataway.

Has Geissele been making barrels long? I also read they have a Hammer Forge tool so now they're one of the few that can make a barrel thataway.
In his fb/YouTube pre Black Friday vids he said he’s been making them for a year and a half and had them where people would be happy with their accuracy. He said they are hand lapped and inspected with a bore scope. I’d assume lapped before melonited but he didn’t specify. Not much good if done afterward. Guess he didn’t want a Larue style shit show resulting from putting out a barrel before it was right. Lol, lord knows he’s caught a ton of shit over the URG rails.

Reactions: The DFC