• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Geissele SD-E vs CMC match 2\2

Rasyad

RC Innovation
Supporter
Minuteman
Sep 18, 2017
Berkeley, California
My LM308 MWS has the CMC 2\2 trigger and I am thinking about trying the Geissele SD-E. No problems with the CMC trigger (nor with the Elf before it). I'm just tinkering and looking for perfection. It looks like the Geissele may have a wider trigger bow which I think I would like. Any thoughts? I would love to hear from folks that have shot both triggers.

Thanks,
Rasyad

I put SDE's in all of my AR platforms. I think it is the perfect balance of having a lighter and super crisp trigger without being too light for accidental double fires. I've had double fires from light weight single stage triggers in my AR10's.

My LM308 MWS has the CMC 2\2 trigger and I am thinking about trying the Geissele SD-E. No problems with the CMC trigger (nor with the Elf before it). I'm just tinkering and looking for perfection. It looks like the Geissele may have a wider trigger bow which I think I would like. Any thoughts? I would love to hear from folks that have shot both triggers.

Thanks,
Rasyad

Hello rasyad,

Honestly if you're looking for perfection I'd go with a trigger tech, the comp 3.5 or the adjustable version. I got mine off optics planet for $200 and out it in my lmt mws and I prefer it over giessele (which is still a solid trigger.)

Semper fi
Horner

I prefer the SD-E over the CMC 2/2. The SD-E feels great in my AR10 that I shoot up to 800m with. It also feels great in everything from regular AR15s to AR pistols.

SD-E is what I run on everything except precision gassers now and for a long time I ran them in those too until I got my first HSNM. I don't think I'd put the HSNM in a large frame though, you're asking for doubles. SD-E is definitely a safer bet there.

SD-E is what I run on everything except precision gassers now and for a long time I ran them in those too until I got my first HSNM. I don't think I'd put the HSNM in a large frame though, you're asking for doubles. SD-E is definitely a safer bet there.

Great feedback. I had not made the connection between the larger recoil of a 308 with an increased risk of bump fire doubles. I also agree with your assessment of the HSNM. While the LMT MWS is a precision gun it is also my general purpose rifle and I would not have used the lighter range of adjustment that the HSNM offers.

Thanks, Rasyad