• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Geissele SSA-E Trigger For Large Pin Colts

HugoStiglitz

Private
Minuteman
May 11, 2010
PHX AZ
Finally got the funds for this upgrade, but can't find a dealer that has stock, or is savvy enough to state on their website if what they are selling is small or large pin. When I order an expensive part, I like to talk to a real person while placing my order. Any suggestions regarding a dealer (actually stocking this product) with a solid reputation who is knowledgable enough to actually know that unlucky Colt owners need a Large Pin trigger. Thanks in advance!

Re: Geissele SSA-E Trigger For Large Pin Colts

hStiglitz,

You can order directly from Geissele. When I was looking for mine the dealers were the same price as the Geissele web site.

I got my large pin Geissele SSA-E from Adco Firearms for my pre-ban R6551 last year. Just keep in mind if you have an old pre-ban lower w/a pinned sear block (like mine) - you may need to stone the rear of the disconnector. I had to remove a few thousandths of an inch on mine as it was binding. However, the final results are outstanding. That's makes 6 Geisseles for me and counting (2 Hi-Speed's, 2 SSA-E's and 2 S3G's)
grin.gif

AvsFan
cool.gif

Thanks for the input. I do not like to deal with an outfit that has what I consider poor customer service. I do not enjoy typing my credit care info into a computer (I guess I'm just strange that way), I want to talk to a real person to make sure I get the right part, that it's in stock and that I get an order #. Using that criteria, I consider Geissele Automatic and ADCO Firearms to have POOR customer service when it comes to taking orders from guys like myself. I order a lot of stuff from reputable places like Midway and Brownells and am always able to order from a real person. They however, do not think that servicing the market for Colt owners is worthy of their effort. I guess that I'm just going to hold my nose and order directly from them. If they weren't getting such great feedback, I'd be looking at someone else's product. Rant Off! Thanks!

Just a little update; Well, I placed my order with Geissele on their web site. All seemed to be going well, I chose UPS ground shipping for $9.98 and that was indicated at checkout. When I clicked "Checkout", my invoice showed I was being charged $59 for next day air shipping. Of course when I called them, the lady who handles this is at lunch and will call me back later. Any bets on me actually geting a call?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hStiglitz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks for the input. I do not like to deal with an outfit that has what I consider poor customer service. I do not enjoy typing my credit care info into a computer (I guess I'm just strange that way), I want to talk to a real person to make sure I get the right part, that it's in stock and that I get an order #. Using that criteria, <span style="font-weight: bold">I consider Geissele Automatic</span> and ADCO Firearms <span style="font-weight: bold">to have POOR customer service</span> when it comes to taking orders from guys like myself. I order a lot of stuff from reputable places like Midway and Brownells and am always able to order from a real person. They however, do not think that servicing the market for Colt owners is worthy of their effort. I guess that I'm just going to hold my nose and order directly from them. If they weren't getting such great feedback, I'd be looking at someone else's product. Rant Off! Thanks! </div></div>

You have no clue how wrong you actually are, Geissele treats their customers like royalty.

You sound more like the type of cat that runs Bill Springfield trigger jobs, rather than Bill Geissele triggers anyway.

Get it from MidwayUSA and use the discount codes. Should be at least $20 off. Geiselle is the way to go.