• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Geissele SSA-E trouble

Chasingpro

Captain
Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 18, 2020
Texas
I fired the first shots through my new .300 blk today and the trigger kept getting stuck in the depressed position. It was installed as per geissele instructions and lubricated accordingly. I can’t even force the trigger bow forward to get the trigger back into its normal position. The hammer is also locked down and my radian safety selector won’t go back into “safe”. Any tips or suggestions?

Just tap the trigger pins out, remove the trigger, check that it’s installed correctly again. Could be your springs are bound up. And check the tolerances inside the trigger pocket

Just tap the trigger pins out, remove the trigger, check that it’s installed correctly again. Could be your springs are bound up. And check the tolerances inside the trigger pocket
I did that then I fired the gun again and after about the tenth shot it seized up in the depressed position again. I contacted geissele but no response yet. Guess I won’t be buying from them again.

Well I can assure you that’s a one off. Accumulatively I probably have 100k Rds between 3 geissele triggers. What lower is it in? Can you post a pic of it installed with the hammer in the fired position?

Well I can assure you that’s a one off. Accumulatively I probably have 100k Rds between 3 geissele triggers. What lower is it in? Can you post a pic of it installed with the hammer in the fired position?
Lol I solved the issue. One of my wife’s glitter bb things somehow got lodged underneath the trigger. It’s in a radian lower though. I ended up pulling it out and it is flawless now.

This.

Some lowers don't have good FCG channels. I was installing a Geissele HSNM and had to dremel the channel wider to get the trigger to work smoothly (old PWA Commando lower).

With the upper off, can you smoothly test fire or is that trigger looking really tight in there?

This.

Some lowers don't have good FCG channels. I was installing a Geissele HSNM and had to dremel the channel wider to get the trigger to work smoothly (old PWA Commando lower).

With the upper off, can you smoothly test fire or is that trigger looking really tight in there?
I had a lower that was similar (Rifle Dynamics) and ended up taking the easy route and dropping a cartridge trigger like a Triggertech in it rather than the Geissele.