• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Geissele SSA vs G2S

nightwolf0215

Private
Minuteman
Feb 27, 2013
Southern California
I am considering buying a Geissele. Now I know that all of them are very nice triggers, but can someone break down to me the differences between the G2S, SSA, SSA-E? There is a big difference in price between them, and I dont know if its worth it. I had tried a Geissele before and I like the feeling of the trigger.

I've shot and/or had all of the Geissele triggers. My two favorites are the SSA-E and Super Dynamic 3 Gun.

That said I'll take a KAC 2 stage over any of them.

I have the SSA-E and it is incredible. The nearest I can tell is that the ssa-e and ssa are the same 1st stage and the e has a lighter 2nd stage. For a cqb carbine I think the ssa would give a little more forgiveness under stress; the e has a very light 2nd stage for for long range. From what I hear, the G2S is basically the same design, only manufactured in a cheaper way and offers a lot of the ssa's performance for cheaper. That being said, i haven't felt one. I believe their website mentions the differences somewhat. They have awesome track record from my reading. Any Geissele will feel leaps and bounds better than a standard mil-spec trigger, but they aren't isn't necessarily stronger, better, or more reliable. I'd trust my life to a Geissele trigger, maybe not all aftermarket triggers though.

I HAVE DMR, MATCH SSA SSA-E AND SD3G THE SD3G IS IN DIFF LEVEL being single stage (my fav of all) on my grendel target i love the match and my other target 223 has dmr love the part its adjustable..so if you like single stage sd3g is great 2 stage any of the 2 stage is crispy including unadjustble

A dealer at a local show had a series of Geisselle triggers that you could try.

I ended up with the Hi Speed Match DMR. Lighter hammer for faster lock time. Two stage. Adjustable. The SS series are not adjustable.

The Geissele Hi-Speed Designated Marksman Rifle (DMR) trigger is designed for hunting, tactical and military use where both accuracy and robustness are critical. The DMR trigger combines the light 1st stage of the Match trigger with the more robust 2nd stage weight of our Service trigger to give the perfect combination for high-stress, precision tactical shooting and Squad Designated Marksmen applications.

Here is a list of the triggers to compare:

http://geissele.com/pdfs/TriggerSummarySheet.pdf

SSA is their original combat trigger. Moderate pull weight, highest quality materials and process.

SSA-E is a version of that trigger with a significantly lighter second stage.

G2S is the new name for what started as the S2S or "super two stage." Intended as a lower cost version of the SSA design. If I remember correctly the steel used is more ordinary steel than the special tool steel for the SSA, and all machining is conventional - no wire-EDM machining of the sear surfaces. There's also a difference in how it is retained in the lower, but that's of no significance. I think it's nominally intended only for OEM use, but is available through some channels anyway (G&R Tactical is the one I know of).

I've been using the SSA and S2S (same as G2S) for a while. The SSA is a nicer pull, but the difference is very, very small. That's it, practically speaking. I also have a SD-E (flat bow version of SSA-E) which is terrific, but light to the point I would see it as mostly a precision trigger, not an all-purpose carbine trigger.

The G2S is made with the same tool steel as the SSA and the sears are also wire edm'ed. The main differences with the SSA are a different way of holding the hammer pin in, different pins, no laser marking and only spot MP check. Visually, from the outside of the gun there is no difference from the SSA and the feel and reliability is the same

You really need to decide what type of shooting you do and decide what type of trigger you want. I can tell you they are all nice and work great.

Just expanding on this. I'm a novice at long range. I don't compete or have a ton of experience with "great" AR triggers. Is the g2s trigger really that close to the SSA? Seems like if I can get 90-95% of the feel for almost half the price of the HS match I was thinking its a no brainer. I realize it won't go as low.

It's going o a dedicated 308 LR precision based lower.

Pure long range precision the high speed match is the way to go. Bumping around with some long range mixed in gey the ssae. I put the ssae in my hunting rifle and my 20" bench gun has a hs match coming.

I've shot and/or had all of the Geissele triggers. My two favorites are the SSA-E and Super Dynamic 3 Gun.

That said I'll take a KAC 2 stage over any of them.

Please explain why. I had the KAC and sold it to get the Geiselle. I didn't feel like there was a comparison.

I still have a SSA and SSA-E and the KAC's are nicer in every way. I've got 4 KAC rifles with the newer silver trigger and they break cleaner and have a smoother take up. The KAC's also has a much shorter reset.

Thanks for the input. So, it sounds like the G2S would be ideal for the AR-15 lower that I'm putting together that will get swapped back and forth for close and range work. (5.56, 458 Socom, .300 BLK, 6.5G) I'll stick with the HS-M plans on the 308 based precision rig.

Each Giess. trigger is for a certain purpose. They are all phenomenal if used properly. I have tried most all AR15 triggers, and the only other 2 that are as great as Giess. are the AR Gold and Wilsons. (to be fair, I have no CMC or KAC yet) Again I stress the fact that when someone does not like a certain trigger it is usually because they purchased it for the wrong reason. The norm here is to get the lightest pull; I remind those customers that the national match guys hold world records with 4.5 pulls and use irons!

Each Giess. trigger is for a certain purpose. They are all phenomenal if used properly. I have tried most all AR15 triggers, and the only other 2 that are as great as Giess. are the AR Gold and Wilsons. (to be fair, I have no CMC or KAC yet) Again I stress the fact that when someone does not like a certain trigger it is usually because they purchased it for the wrong reason. The norm here is to get the lightest pull; I remind those customers that the national match guys hold world records with 4.5 pulls and use irons!

I agree 100%. I realize I can't get a perfect do it all trigger. But, I also realize that I can't build a $500+ lower for each upper I have. That simply isn't an option with a new baby girl. For my 15 lower, I'm looking for the best compromise trigger.

I still have a SSA and SSA-E and the KAC's are nicer in every way. I've got 4 KAC rifles with the newer silver trigger and they break cleaner and have a smoother take up. The KAC's also has a much shorter reset.
Maybe the KAC I shot was a dud but I feel about the exact opposite as you. I don't see how its possible to get a better trigger than the giesselle, the takeup is clean all the way through and the E line breaks extremely crisp. Its on par with the hubers and jewels Ive shot. Shorter reset, Ill give it to the KACs but if short reset really matters Ill use the SD3G which is faster than the KACs. I believe this is why its always so hard for people on the internet to recommend triggers to people. Everyone likes something different, that's not to say anyone is wrong just different.

I have a new KAC ECC and the 2 stage KAC is good but no geissele IMO. I use the SD series in all my AR's. The SD3G for general purpose and SDE for more precision. I also have one super tricon that is very nice as well.

They are great with no screws to back out and come with 3.5 lbs springs and 4.5. You choose. Whatever geissele you go with, you will be vastly improving your rifle.

I too am looking for my first NON milspec trigger group. Gieselle makes too many triggers!!HA.. Anyway, I shoot a lot of 100 yards and less at various targets. I run 1-5 drills etc. Would the SSA-E be too sensitive and lack of safety on running and shooting like we do? We don't do 3 gun, but we do a lot of "informal" 3 gun on my buddy's range. Ideas for a first time aftermarket trigger?

The SSA-E is light and to the point that its great for medium range shooting. Now for running and shooting, the SSA would be a better choice.