• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Geissele SSA-X?

45custom

Private
Minuteman
Jan 30, 2020
Anyone ever used one of these triggers? They sometimes come with Super Duty rifles (the other one is the very similar looking SSA-E X).

Interested in how they compare to the normal SSA. Geissele says they're more or less the same, but I've gotten the impression from some users that the X models are somewhat different in feel compared to their non-X counterparts.

If anyone wants to share thoughts on how they compare to the SSA-E or MBT, that'd be appreciated, too.

The -x series of triggers is my all time favorite from Geissele. It offers a wider trigger surface and I’d have to check specs but I think a bit heavier pull then the ssa-e. It has different coatings and materials than the Ssa-e too. Also comes with different springs for pull weights

The -x series of triggers is my all time favorite from Geissele. It offers a wider trigger surface and I’d have to check specs but I think a bit heavier pull then the ssa-e. It has different coatings and materials than the Ssa-e too. Also comes with different springs for pull weights
Wide body trigger (and disconnector) that are “nano” coated by old Billy over there. The weights and sear contact surfaces SHOULD be the same as their respective non-X counterparts. Still hilariously overpriced cast triggers though.

Reactions: TangoSierra916
Wide body trigger (and disconnector) that are “nano” coated by old Billy over there. The weights and sear contact surfaces SHOULD be the same as their respective non-X counterparts. Still hilariously overpriced cast triggers though.
I agree the higher price is crazy, gotta pay for that mil-spec 🤣🤣

I'm very tempted to grab this for my DD 6.5 Creedmoor -

I have lots (relative) of triggers laying around so I may wait for their big Black Friday sale if they're still doing that...

The X is a really good trigger. Literally the only good thing in the piece of shit super duty I got.

The super Tricon feels close to it as well, just not as crisp. Anything that doesn’t get an SSA-E for my guns will get the super tricon (if I can’t get the SSA-X).

I just got my SSA-E X in today from the July 4 sale and popped it into my noveske replacing my SD-E, also have na SSA-E in my 6.5 creedmoor and a Larue MBT-2S in a 300 BLK for reference.

All that said, the SSA-E X has way too many letters in its name but man is it good. It is not a brand new trigger, more like a heavily revised and refined SSA/SD-E. These differences would likely not be noticeable to many shooters, but compared to my SSA-E and SD-E it:

- Has far less trigger travel while cocked on safe
- Has a much smoother, more linear first stage in terms of finger pressure and commensurate trigger travel.
- Seems to have a much cleaner break.
- Reset feels much snappier with a much smoother travel back. Travel from fully depressed back to reset seems to be a slightly shorter distance.
- This is subjective, but I far prefer the lightning bow trigger face to the curved or flat face in the previous generation.

This is a sample size of 3 Geissele triggers, but to me they knocked this one out of the park. I genuinely don't think I would buy another non X gen now after using this one.

20220707_124943~3.jpg

20220707_132355.jpg

20220707_132406.jpg