• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Geissele super 700 BUYER !*BEWARE*!

DEWD_STUFF

O⚡️3
Minuteman
May 19, 2017
Hi
MK13 triggers are having malfunctions within in the USMC. Take the trigger through the first stage, release trigger, attempt to put weapon on safe and it goes boom with no trigger manipulation. Would hate to see anyone get hurt using this trigger. Recommend you all function check your gear if you’re rocking it.

Last edited:
Rumor has it these triggers are having malfunctions on the MK13’s in the USMC. Take the trigger through the first stage, release trigger, attempt to put weapon on safe and it goes boom with no trigger manipulation. Would hate to see anyone get hurt using this trigger. Recommend you all function check your gear if you’re rocking it.

Is this first-hand knowledge, or do you have a source you can cite to lend credibility to your claim?

Reactions: jwood1284
Rumor has it these triggers are having malfunctions on the MK13’s in the USMC. Take the trigger through the first stage, release trigger, attempt to put weapon on safe and it goes boom with no trigger manipulation. Would hate to see anyone get hurt using this trigger. Recommend you all function check your gear if you’re rocking it.
Interesting...I've put my JHR with the Geiselle Super 700 trigger through about 250 rounds...Never a fail to fire or ANY kind of glitch...I have it adjusted to the absolute minimum pull weight. About 7 oz. 2nd stage... I just tried to get the firing pin to fall in the manner you suggested...Nothing, nada....Nothing I could do would make the firing pin drop, except take it back off safe and complete the 2nd stage... Curious...JSNS

I think this needs to be confirmed and not just a “rumor has it” to make a post on what is basically the most public forum and voice in precision rifle.

If it turns out to be just a rumor, this is going to show up in forum and google searches for prospective consumers looking for information on the trigger.

Calm your tits, though he could’ve used less ambiguous language than “rumor has it”. A technical bulletin has been published and disseminated across the fleet. I got it a few days ago.

Calm your tits, though he could’ve used less ambiguous language than “rumor has it”. A technical bulletin has been published and disseminated across the fleet. I got it a few days ago.

That’s also something he should have included.

A memo ain’t a rumor.

Reactions: Basher
100% gents I don’t mean to stir a pot, my fault I could use better vernacular here and I’ll take ownership of that. But just like rstrick0352 stated the information has been disseminated to the fleet along with a video showing the malfunction on one of the mk13’s of which I have seen and multiple others have seen. To my knowledge it is not a large quantity of mk13’s with this issue, only 1 or 2.

100% gents I don’t mean to stir a pot, my fault I could use better vernacular here and I’ll take ownership of that. But just like rstrick0352 stated the information has been disseminated to the fleet along with a video showing the malfunction on one of the mk13’s of which I have seen and multiple others have seen. To my knowledge it is not a large quantity of mk13’s with this issue, only 1 or 2.
I'm looking forward to seeing this video... There is a 2nd stage adjustment screw that adjusts the 2nd stage sear engagement. The instructions state there is ONLY 8 degrees adjustment in either direction... I made a mistake and moved that screw from the factory setting. (My guess is this screw needed adjustment in order to "tune" the trigger to my Nucleus action. But that is JUST a guess on my part.) I carefully put that screw back to where it was from the factory...I'm VERY happy with the trigger...It breaks like a glass rod!!! When on safety, the trigger has NO movement at all. (But, like Geiselle states, my setting is for bench rest/target shooting and not for field work...I carry the rifle on an empty chamber!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: DEWD_STUFF