• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Geissele Super 700 discontinued?

dubya3

Private
Minuteman
Jan 3, 2023
Minnesota
Long time lurker, first time poster here šŸ˜

I've had many Kimber Montanas and Winchester Model 70s but I recently picked up my very first Remington, a new production SPS Tactical 308. I've been ordering everything from a stock, bottom metal (DBM), scope and rings and when I was researching triggers I quickly settled on the Geissele based on my experience with their AR triggers.

When I went to order a Super 700 they were kind of hard to find and they're completely gone from Geissele's site. MidwayUSA has them marked as "Discontinued" but I did manage to find and order one from Kenzies Optics.

Ive emailed and Facebook messaged Geissele asking if the Super 700 is intact discontinued but never received a response. Is it already discontinued after just a couple years and if so, why? I do recall a thread about a couple Mk13 triggers being faulty but that's all I've been able to find. I'm not too concerned myself since mine will stay in the factory weight setting and 2 stage.

Cheers

Cory

That would suck. One of my favorite triggers.

The X-treme products model 22 was the MK13 trigger wasn't it?

Reactions: BurtG
I doubt that is correct as Robert Chombart held any IP that could / would have been granted.

The only reason I brought the Mk13 up was because when I was researching the Super 700 being discontinued it brought me to a thread on this site discussing the Mk13 issues so I just assumed the Geissele FCG had similarities or were the same trigger.

I thought I had already posted this response but I guess not.

Looks like we'll see an updated Super 700 eventually. I wonder why they're changing it. Makes me think there may have been a AD with a Super 700 we didn't hear about.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230119_211748_Gmail.jpg
    Screenshot_20230119_211748_Gmail.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 678
I thought I had already posted this response but I guess not.

Looks like we'll see an updated Super 700 eventually. I wonder why they're changing it. Makes me think there may have been a AD with a Super 700 we didn't hear about.
Or they need to engineer around a patent infringement...

Reactions: Tx_Aggie
Xtreme licensed their trigger from Robert chombart. Xtreme also makes the ai comp trigger, it is veeeery near design to the cg jackson, with an overtravel adjustment added. The giessele, to my knowledge is quite different from the cg jackson/xtreme trigger. Originally the mk13 had the xtreme cg Jackson trigger in it, I think it had some issues and giessele swooped in and got the contract. I've been happy with the 2 or 3 xtreme triggers I had, as I've also been happy with the 2 or 3 giessele 700 triggers I've got.

Here's the response I received from the factory yesterday:

Good Morning,

Thank you for contacting us and for your support! The trigger hasn't been fully discontinued. Currently, we've temporarily stopped production of the Super 700 trigger in order to upgrade the design. It's being looked at for a manufacturing revision and will be unavailable for the foreseeable future. Put simply, it's currently too involved to produce regularly, so our Engineering Team is going to be taking a pass at it to streamline the process. I wish I had better news.

If you have any other questions, please let me know.

Thank you

Found this thread hoping to stumble on somebody who still has them in stock for near normal price. Charlie's Custom Clones currently has them at $429; more than I paid for the rifle I'd be putting it in.

Did you check Kenzie's Optics? That's the only place I found them in stock and at normal MSRP but that was a couple months ago now

šŸ˜† $329 from everyoneā€™s favorite scalper, Charlieā€™s.

Geissele told me (roughly speaking) they were undergoing engineering redesign to make them easier to manufacturer and had no ETA or schedule for that.

I interpreted the tone to be 'they were kind of a pain to make, so we aren't making any more until we redesign them, which isn't a huge priority.'

Geissele told me (roughly speaking) they were undergoing engineering redesign to make them easier to manufacturer and had no ETA or schedule for that.

I interpreted the tone to be 'they were kind of a pain to make, so we aren't making any more until we redesign them, which isn't a huge priority.'
I checked earlier today and it looked like they're available from Geissele again

Why are people buying these over triggertechs??

I like the design better. Its also $100 cheaper. I do wish they made them in a flat version.

What design element? Itā€™s also not cheaper comparable to the same pull weight triggertech.

What design element? Itā€™s also not cheaper comparable to the same pull weight triggertech.
So what makes the TriggerTech better, im honestly interested. I come from the AR world where I exclusively run Geissele. The bolt guns I have are mostly Kimber Montanas that I hunt with and I've never done anything to them. I bought my first 700 about a year ago and put the Super 700 in it. It seems like TriggerTech is the Geissele of the 700 world so let's hear it, if you have experience with both triggers. Otherwise it's just brand loyalty.

Ah. That is....not Geissele's website. But if you want to send bitcoin or Venmo payment only, I'm sure they will ship promptly.

Those scam websites are a nightmare. If it sounds too good to be true...

Ah. That is....not Geissele's website. But if you want to send bitcoin or Venmo payment only, I'm sure they will ship promptly.

Those scam websites are a nightmare. If it sounds too good to be true...
Not Geissele? I just Googled Geissele Super 700 and that showed up šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

Not Geissele? I just Googled Geissele Super 700 and that showed up šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø
Becoming SUPER common, presumably in all industries, but I see it a lot in guns because that's where I hang out. Shill website made intentionally to look like the manufacturer, frequently with 'USA' in the URL. Everything is in stock and at good- to too-good of prices. The litmus test is add something to your cart, put in bogus contact info and go to check out. The scam sites will only accept Venmo, Cashapp or bitcoin for payment. Seems legit, right?

So what makes the TriggerTech better, im honestly interested. I come from the AR world where I exclusively run Geissele. The bolt guns I have are mostly Kimber Montanas that I hunt with and I've never done anything to them. I bought my first 700 about a year ago and put the Super 700 in it. It seems like TriggerTech is the Geissele of the 700 world so let's hear it, if you have experience with both triggers. Otherwise it's just brand loyalty.

Itā€™s extremely reliable, itā€™s extremely consistent, it goes down to 4oz, it has the least take up of any trigger regardless of price, and smoothest break, has multiple trigger shoe options. All the reasons why Iā€™m wondering why people are looking at something else and probably why theyā€™re being discontinued

Itā€™s extremely reliable, itā€™s extremely consistent, it goes down to 4oz, it has the least take up of any trigger regardless of price, and smoothest break, has multiple trigger shoe options. All the reasons why Iā€™m wondering why people are looking at something else and probably why theyā€™re being discontinued

So this is a curiosity to me. Please don't take this as argument or trying to bash TT, or your input.

I took a few years out of the firearms world. Used to be my entire life. Then life shifted and guns effectively ceased to exist for me. About ten years later, I find my way back to shooting sports. Nobody cares about any of that, but the point is this; prior gun life: Triggertech didn't exist. Maybe they were out there, but as someone who was DEEP in the hobby and industry, I had never even heard the name. Come back ten years later and every voice in every corner of the industry says they are the only thing worth owning. I'm admittedly both a bit of a luddite, and a cynic, but that rapid of growth in nearly rabid loyalty immediately makes me skeptical. Especially in a social media/influencer-driven era where loyalty is bought with free swag and ludicrously generous warranties instead of quality products. I don't mean to suggest Triggertech is guilty of any of that, I have no idea either way. But our industry has been swept by more than one less than stellar brand built on marketing instead of quality. Just pointing out why the extremely vocal loyalists actually make me personally LESS likely to believe the hype.

I own several Triggertechs, and have no qualms with them. A couple of diamonds, the rest are primaries, plus field or two, or whatever get thrown in factory guns wanting the TT name. I don't have nearly as many rounds through any of them as I'd like. Despite that, I've had one Primary freeze up and fail to come off safe on a freezing rain hunt. So I already disagree with your claims of extremely reliable. I have many, many more hunts in similar and worse conditions on factory triggers, and have never experienced a similar failure.

Is that TT's fault? Bad design? No idea. I definitely won't run around blaming them for it. Far as I'm concerned, the same could've happened with any trigger, it just happened to be that one. But it still failed me in a far shorter period of time than any other trigger brand ever has, so that leaves a bad taste.

The rest of your points seem pretty subjective. Can you provide actual data to support the claim they're the smoothest break or the least takeup? I think both of those would be EXTREMELY difficult to prove true.

Trigger shoe options and adjustable to 4oz I'll give you. But to some folks, neither of those matter in the least. If those are important to you, then it's definitely a win for TT over a lot of others. I personally don't care about the trigger shoe, and I can't imagine ever wanting one of my guns anywhere NEAR 4oz pull. So to your question of why people buy anything else? Because the only two legitimate points you made simply don't matter to a lot of shooters. Every other point seems pretty subjective to me (though I admit I've done no research, your points may legitimately be very well documented and proven, and I'm just unaware).

So truly, what makes a TT better than a Jewel, Timney, Rifle Basix (available down to 2oz, by the way), etc? I doubt it's possible to objectively state any is 'better,' just different strokes for different folks.

Me? As I said, I own a few TT triggers. Doubt I'll ever buy another, simply BECAUSE I haven't tried all the others to know which one *I* prefer, instead of which one the voices on the internet prefer.

Edit to add: I bought two Geissele 700 triggers because I'm extremely satisfied with their triggers in several ARs. When I figured out they were going away, I decided to get a couple, just in case I love them. Still haven't finished a new build to actually try them out yet though.

Last edited:
So this is a curiosity to me. Please don't take this as argument or trying to bash TT, or your input.

I took a few years out of the firearms world. Used to be my entire life. Then life shifted and guns effectively ceased to exist for me. About ten years later, I find my way back to shooting sports. Nobody cares about any of that, but the point is this; prior gun life: Triggertech didn't exist. Maybe they were out there, but as someone who was DEEP in the hobby and industry, I had never even heard the name. Come back ten years later and every voice in every corner of the industry says they are the only thing worth owning. I'm admittedly both a bit of a luddite, and a cynic, but that rapid of growth in nearly rabid loyalty immediately makes me skeptical. Especially in a social media/influencer-driven era where loyalty is bought with free swag and ludicrously generous warranties instead of quality products. I don't mean to suggest Triggertech is guilty of any of that, I have no idea either way. But our industry has been swept by more than one less than stellar brand built on marketing instead of quality. Just pointing out why the extremely vocal loyalists actually make me personally LESS likely to believe the hype.

I own several Triggertechs, and have no qualms with them. A couple of diamonds, the rest are primaries, plus field or two, or whatever get thrown in factory guns wanting the TT name. I don't have nearly as many rounds through any of them as I'd like. Despite that, I've had one Primary freeze up and fail to come off safe on a freezing rain hunt. So I already disagree with your claims of extremely reliable. I have many, many more hunts in similar and worse conditions on factory triggers, and have never experienced a similar failure.

Is that TT's fault? Bad design? No idea. I definitely won't run around blaming them for it. Far as I'm concerned, the same could've happened with any trigger, it just happened to be that one. But it still failed me in a far shorter period of time than any other trigger brand ever has, so that leaves a bad taste.

The rest of your points seem pretty subjective. Can you provide actual data to support the claim they're the smoothest break or the least takeup? I think both of those would be EXTREMELY difficult to prove true.

Trigger shoe options and adjustable to 4oz I'll give you. But to some folks, neither of those matter in the least. If those are important to you, then it's definitely a win for TT over a lot of others. I personally don't care about the trigger shoe, and I can't imagine ever wanting one of my guns anywhere NEAR 4oz pull. So to your question of why people buy anything else? Because the only two legitimate points you made simply don't matter to a lot of shooters. Every other point seems pretty subjective to me (though I admit I've done no research, your points may legitimately be very well documented and proven, and I'm just unaware).

So truly, what makes a TT better than a Jewel, Timney, Rifle Basix (available down to 2oz, by the way), etc? I doubt it's possible to objectively state any is 'better,' just different strokes for different folks.

Me? As I said, I own a few TT triggers. Doubt I'll ever buy another, simply BECAUSE I haven't tried all the others to know which one *I* prefer, instead of which one the voices on the internet prefer.

Edit to add: I bought two Geissele 700 triggers because I'm extremely satisfied with their triggers in several ARs. When I figured out they were going away, I decided to get a couple, just in case I love them. Still haven't finished a new build to actually try them out yet though.

Something is suspect here. If you actually owned TT and these others you would know thereā€™s zero conversation to have about whether TT is the smoothest and has the least creep. No one else is even close?? Except maybe bix and this is pretty well documented.

I wasnā€™t aware they made a Special two stage, so youre right on the cost. Biggest gripe about TT is after the break, the trigger freefalls through its over travel and crashes into the over travel stop.

The Geissele doesn't do this. It has overtravel, but spring pressure continues to build after the break. If you reach the over travel stop on a Geissele, its because the trigger was adjusted to have zero over travel(user adjustable), or you crushed the shit out of the trigger and crashed into the stop. The feel is very much like an AI trigger. I think the designs share the sear arrangement. Also like the AI, it has a country mile of sear engagement. Im not certain about the TT, but some r700 two stage triggers are fake or feel fake. They're single stage triggers with free play before the wall, which is stupid.

This trigger has a bunch of over travel in it adjustment. Through normal manipulation though, youā€™ll never reach it.

I wasnā€™t aware they made a Special two stage, so youre right on the cost. Biggest gripe about TT is after the break, the trigger freefalls through its over travel and crashes into the over travel stop.

The Geissele doesn't do this. It has overtravel, but spring pressure continues to build after the break. If you reach the over travel stop on a Geissele, its because the trigger was adjusted to have zero over travel(user adjustable), or you crushed the shit out of the trigger and crashed into the stop. The feel is very much like an AI trigger. I think the designs share the sear arrangement. Also like the AI, it has a country mile of sear engagement. Im not certain about the TT, but most r700 two stage triggers are fake or feel fake. They're single stage triggers with free play before the wall.

This trigger has a bunch of over travel, through normal manipulation though, youā€™ll never reach it.

Those are fair points. I shoot single stage only at 4oz and the TT has NO over travel but the bix does and I donā€™t like it.

Those are fair points. I shoot single stage only at 4oz and the TT has NO over travel but the bix does and I donā€™t like it.
Iā€™ll have to adjust a diamond that low to check. At 12-14 oz, both my single and two stage diamonds free-fall through a bunch of over travel and crash at the end.

The TT can be adjusted lower than the geiselle, thats for sure. Worth pointing out, the geiselle can go lower than 1.5lbs, they just say that level adjustment should only be used for bench shooting.

Iā€™ll have to adjust a diamond that low to check. At 12-14 oz, both my single and two stage diamonds free-fall through a bunch of over travel and crash at the end.

The TT can be adjusted lower than the geiselle, thats for sure. Worth pointing out, the geiselle can go lower than 1.5lbs, they just say that level adjustment should only be used for bench shooting.

Iā€™d send a video to TT it sounds like something is up. I tried to post a video but my single stage diamonds have absolutely zero over travel at all.

Something is suspect here. If you actually owned TT and these others you would know thereā€™s zero conversation to have about whether TT is the smoothest and has the least creep. No one else is even close?? Except maybe bix and this is pretty well documented.
Love it. I ask a legitimate question and your response is to imply I'm lying about what I own, simply because I don't believe your subjective assessment carries weight.

You're right, I was mistaken. I just double checked. I accidentally spent years accumulating the tools and skills to build a bunch of Nerf guns.

Statements like yours are exactly the reason I don't believe in hype. 'You can't argue because you can't argue. The data is there.'

I ask again. *where* is this documentation you speak of? I'm not talking about forum posts from people whose first and only aftermarket trigger is a Triggertech. I would like to see ACTUAL data, and I'm confident you cannot provide any.

That said, if TT works for you, and you're happy with the performance: great! I'm not going to claim they're bad triggers. Because I have no relevant DATA to support that. I just get sick of unsupported 'they're the best because everyone knows they're the best!'

'I have used nothing else, but I absolutely love my triggertech.'

Awesome, that's a claim that carries weight.

'I have used a few triggers, and I prefer the triggertech because....'

Great! Valid statement.

'They're the best available.'

Empty statement I expect to hear from a gradeschool student, unless you're going to substantiate your claims.

Edit: I want to be clear that I'm not trying to bash Triggertech triggers. I'm not suggesting the Geissele is a better trigger, or even that *any* other trigger is better than a Triggertech. They may truly be the panacea to all trigger discontent in the universe. I'm simply questioning the "it's the best because" logic that seems to prevail (universally, I mean. This statement is not directed at any individual here).

@Maurygold, your question of "Why are people buying these over triggertechs??" is totally legitimate. I just lose faith in the conversation if that question becomes "why are these better enough to buy over triggertechs," because at the end of the day, they're different items. "Better" is extremely subjective in most circumstances.

In my case, I bought the Geissele over another TT because I haven't tried the Geissele. That's enough reason for me, personally. Could be I wind up hating the Geissele and having a strong preference for the Triggertech. But at that point, I'll almost certainly buy something else I haven't personally tried. Because variety is the spice of life. I also don't compete anymore, and shoot exclusively for hunting and fun, so I don't necessarily benefit from using the same trigger in every gun, which is a legitimate argument to consolidate on one make/model in my opinion.

Last edited:
Love it. I ask a legitimate question and your response is to imply I'm lying about what I own, simply because I don't believe your subjective assessment carries weight.

You're right, I was mistaken. I just double checked. I accidentally spent years accumulating the tools and skills to build a bunch of Nerf guns.

Statements like yours are exactly the reason I don't believe in hype. 'You can't argue because you can't argue. The data is there.'

I ask again. *where* is this documentation you speak of? I'm not talking about forum posts from people whose first and only aftermarket trigger is a Triggertech. I would like to see ACTUAL data, and I'm confident you cannot provide any.

That said, if TT works for you, and you're happy with the performance: great! I'm not going to claim they're bad triggers. Because I have no relevant DATA to support that. I just get sick of unsupported 'they're the best because everyone knows they're the best!'

'I have used nothing else, but I absolutely love my triggertech.'

Awesome, that's a claim that carries weight.

'I have used a few triggers, and I prefer the triggertech because....'

Great! Valid statement.

'They're the best available.'

Empty statement I expect to hear from a gradeschool student, unless you're going to substantiate your claims.

Edit: I want to be clear that I'm not trying to bash Triggertech triggers. I'm not suggesting the Geissele is a better trigger, or even that *any* other trigger is better than a Triggertech. They may truly be the panacea to all trigger discontent in the universe. I'm simply questioning the "it's the best because" logic that seems to prevail (universally, I mean. This statement is not directed at any individual here).

@Maurygold, your question of "Why are people buying these over triggertechs??" is totally legitimate. I just lose faith in the conversation if that question becomes "why are these better enough to buy over triggertechs," because at the end of the day, they're different items. "Better" is extremely subjective in most circumstances.

In my case, I bought the Geissele over another TT because I haven't tried the Geissele. That's enough reason for me, personally. Could be I wind up hating the Geissele and having a strong preference for the Triggertech. But at that point, I'll almost certainly buy something else I haven't personally tried. Because variety is the spice of life. I also don't compete anymore, and shoot exclusively for hunting and fun, so I don't necessarily benefit from using the same trigger in every gun, which is a legitimate argument to consolidate on one make/model in my opinion.

You type too many words to say such few things. A blind beaver could tell the TT out of a lineup so it seems suspicious. Good luck to you - and check out the package of TT box some time.

You type too many words to say such few things. A blind beaver could tell the TT out of a lineup so it seems suspicious. Good luck to you - and check out the package of TT box some time.

Another empty post. Thank you for carrying my point. Shameless, blind faith based on empty statements.

Oh, and manufacturer marketing. Which is always unbiased and accurate.

Another empty post. Thank you for carrying my point. Shameless, blind faith based on empty statements.

Oh, and manufacturer marketing. Which is always unbiased and accurate.

What do you prefer over the triggertech?

Iā€™ve shot nearly all of them and shot thousands of rounds - thatā€™s better than internet data.