• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Geissele super 700 or bix n andy tac sport 2 stage

jb41291

Bobby
Supporter
Minuteman
Jul 24, 2017
Colorado springs, CO
For my curtis vector. Right now i have timney ce on it. Advice from Joel Russo at curtis is to go another route as the calvin elite will produce light primer strikes. I have used geisseles ar 2 stage triggers in the past and love them no experience with bix n andy. Any input on either trigger would be appreciated.

The Geissele 700 trigger is the absolute best trigger that I have tried. I have tried a CG extreme, it was good and the two are very close but I believe the Geissele is better. I have no experience with the other one that you mention but I can't imagine it been any better than the Geissele.

Reactions: jb41291
Interested in the responses also. I would really like to get the super 700, B&A, and soon to be out Trigger Tech 2 stages all side by side to try.

I too like my Geissele ar triggers but I think the the TT 2 stage ar trigger may be a little nicer.

In for info have a nucleus action on the way in the near future will come with a timney 510 but I've always preferred 2 stage and have geissele in my AR's so leaning in that direction but hear great things about the BnA as well

So i think i will go with the geissele for my vector action. I am looking for something more for field use. If it is based on the trigger for the mk13 i will go this route over the bix n andy

It’s out of the box adjustment is atrocious, AND comes with a “NEVER ADJUST” warning.

But it works exactly like an old remington trigger with a second stage so it’s possuble to adjust the sear overlap from the gritty 16” it is from the factory to a nice crisp break.

I have read good things about the cadex. How are you liking it?

For my curtis vector. Right now i have timney ce on it. Advice from Joel Russo at curtis is to go another route as the calvin elite will produce light primer strikes. I have used geisseles ar 2 stage triggers in the past and love them no experience with bix n andy. Any input on either trigger would be appreciated.

That was god advice from Joel. I just ordered a Geissele 2-stage from Brownell's to replace the CE 2-stage that I put in my build because the Geissele wasn't available yet last Summer. My only issues with the CE 2-stage was that the wall was a touch mushy, and even with a 28lbs spring I would still get the occasional light primer strikes on CCI41 primers. I remember seeing the SAC video last year and tested my trigger in the same manner by removing the firing pin spring. The trigger was definitely binding up the release of the cocking piece. Mine was actually worse than in the video below. Interestingly I had great accuracy and excellent SD & ES data!! The rifle just would not go bang every time sadly.

That was god advice from Joel. I just ordered a Geissele 2-stage from Brownell's to replace the CE 2-stage that I put in my build because the Geissele wasn't available yet last Summer. My only issues with the CE 2-stage was that the wall was a touch mushy, and even with a 28lbs spring I would still get the occasional light primer strikes on CCI41 primers. I remember seeing the SAC video last year and tested my trigger in the same manner by removing the firing pin spring. The trigger was definitely binding up the release of the cocking piece. Mine was actually worse than in the video below. Interestingly I had great accuracy and excellent SD & ES data!! The rifle just would not go bang every time sadly.

Do you think the geissele will pair up well with the vector?

Love the Geissele Super 700 on my BG Origin. If you’ve ever pulled a SSA-E then I believe they are very similar and have the same overall feel. I would give the Super 700 the edge as the 1st stage take up is smoother and the 2nd stage break is cleaner.

Love the Geissele Super 700 on my BG Origin. If you’ve ever pulled a SSA-E then I believe they are very similar and have the same overall feel. I would give the Super 700 the edge as the 1st stage take up is smoother and the 2nd stage break is cleaner.

I run SSA-E's in all my AR-15's so this should be an easy comparison to test and familiar ground to me.

Have a bunch of 2st, AI AX, Tubb T7T, BnA tacsport, their BnA marksman ($499) and the geissele s700, and the Calvin elite. The tubb is the nicest, the BnA marksman, the geissele, the bnA tacsport and the calvin. Geiselle is really nice, but not in a veritcal grip, the shoe isnt the fight shape for a MPA or MDT vertical grip, in a traditional hunting stock though its spot on IMHO

Reactions: lawofsavage
If this is the case I will go with the geissele as I have an ssa-e in my ar and love it

Reactions: drwood96
Go ahead and read my thread on 700 chassis input needed. I own several thousand buck in G shit. I’m done. I’ve heard alllll about how great they are and all, but my 2 times needing them did nothing for my blood pressure. Their customer service sucks.

If this is the case I will go with the geissele as I have an ssa-e in my ar and love it

Based on some dry fire practice last night after installing the Super 700 trigger, it does indeed feel similar to a Geissele SSA-E AR trigger. The first stage travel is a touch longer on the Super 700 and the second stage is definitely lighter than the SSA-E. Unlike my previous Timney CE 2-stage the Geissele has a VERY solid backwall, and appears to not drag along the cocking piece of the bolt like the Timney CE. With a 28lbs spring it is very snappy!! Live fire testing to commence on Saturday.

SSA-E
Type:2 Stage
1st Stage
Weight Range:
2.0 - 2.5 lbs.
2nd Stage
Weight Range:
0.9 - 1.3 lbs.
Total Pull
Weight Range:
2.9 - 3.8 lbs.

Super 700
Type:2 Stage
1st Stage
Weight Range:
1.5 - 3.5 lbs.
2nd Stage
Weight Range:
0.5 - 1.0 lbs.
Total Pull
Weight Range:
2.0* - 4.5 lbs.

*you technically could adjust below 2.0lbs, but it is outside of the recommended manufacturer adjustment range.

A quick update after Saturdays range session. The trigger performed flawlessly and felt good. I did decrease the factory set weight following the included instruction (see attached). It's supposed to come set from factory as 1st stage = 1lbs 12oz and 2nd stage = 12oz. Testing with a Lyman digital pull weight gauge yielded a 1st stage of 1lbs 12oz and a total pull weight of 2lbs 6oz. Doing math yields a 2nd stage weight of 10oz. So either my gauge is a little off or mine came set a bit on the heavy side from the factory. I may tweak it a little lower, but it is perfectly usable at the current weights. I also need to double check but the safety lever appears to be a short throw rather than the traditional longer throw of Rem 700.

I will pick up a Triggertech 2-stage when available to compare. My only minor complaint is that Geissele does not offer the trigger with a flat trigger shoe. :(

Attachments

• IMG_1796.JPG
    IMG_1796.JPG
    440.6 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_1797.JPG
    IMG_1797.JPG
    470.9 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_1798.JPG
    IMG_1798.JPG
    450.4 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_1799.JPG
    IMG_1799.JPG
    354.5 KB · Views: 33
I hate mine. I have it on an Origin action. I have spent hours trying to adjust it to my liking. First stage feels more like a loose tooth. The second stage is long with no defined wall. Could be it doesn't like the Origin. I have 4 other actions to try it on but my initial impression is disappointment.

I have 2 installed - into my GAP Gladius and my MHSA custom mausingfield hunter ... both are very very crisp. The trigger bow isnt good however for a veritcal grip (for that i have my tubb T7T if hte chassis can handle it, else a BnA tacsport 2st).

I did a good bit of testing on the Bix N Andy stuff last summer. I wrote a whole Bix N Andy TacSport review. I was very impressed and have continued to use their products. Given the Bix N Andy low topsear reset force, you will not have the issue with light primer strikes you have with the Timney. I haven't used or tested the Geissele.

The thing that most stuck out to me on the Geissele specs when I first saw them is the 1.5-3.5 lbs range. 1.5 lbs is a pretty heavy trigger. That is not what I would call a match trigger. I would say it is well into hunting weights. The Bix starts much lower and actually encompasses the whole Geissele range while going even higher with a 10oz - 4.5lbs. For my part, I would not want a trigger that won't go down lower than 1lbs in any of my bolt guns. My Crux originally came with 1.5 lb TriggerTech which, though an excellent 1.5lb trigger, was pretty quickly changed to their lighter Diamond trigger. The lighter weights are really helpful when doing load development bench work and you can always crank it up if you want it heavier for other purposes.

I would opt for the Bix over the Geissele.

Bix N Andy tac sport pro is incredible excellent customer service at bullet central I liked my TT and jewell which I sold for Huber concept and I like it a lot but nothing like my Bix N Andy’s by far the best trigger I have personally put my trigger finger on.

Reactions: kthomas
The Geissele is a DUTY grade trigger, not meant to go off with a mouse fart. 1.5 lbs second stage is lite enough for comps. Anything less then that is cheating bad fundamentals. I know that statement will trigger some but it’s the truth.

That being said, they are both great triggers and it will comes down to how the trigger feels to you.

The BnA 2 stage triggers are IMO, the best designed 2 stage trigger out there.

Pretty much every 2 stage trigger these days comes with adjustability features - generally the weight of each stage, and in some cases the length of pull of some of the stages. All good features that should be including in a trigger.

However, what really sets the BnA apart, is the ability for the end user to essentially "time" the trigger with the sear engagement adjustment, as well as the availability of different sear heights. This has a huge impact on the highly touted feature of an action called "feel" - everyone likes to compare actions by how they "feel", and how the action interfaces with the trigger plays a big role in this. That's why Impact has their own trigger hanger feature (which has its own problems and would be unnecessary with a BnA trigger).

Myself and a friend bought identical Mausingfield actions from the same batch and the same dealer at the same time. He put a Huber in his, I put a BnA Tacsport 2 stage in mine. I ordered it with the correct sear height from Bullet Central. Upon receiving it, I spent perhaps about an hour dialing my trigger in, playing with all the adjustments until I was happy with it (not something you can do with a Huber). While his trigger feels nice, his Mausingfield feels like it requires 2-3x the bolt lift and bolt close than mine (haven't quantified it with actual measurements, but very its very noticeable). Hell, my wife tried both of our actions side by side and she even says his action "feels like shit" compared to mine. My Mausingfield has very light bolt lift and even lighter bolt close, with 100% reliability. I think a lot of that has to do with my trigger and how its setup to interface with the action.

I dropped a Trigger Tech trigger into a TL3 action and it also felt like dog shit. Too much sear engagement resulting in really heavy bolt lift and close (a supposed strength of the TL3 is its light bolt lift). And I had no way to correct that without sending it to a smith with knowledge of those actions and trigger for trigger timing. That combo ended up getting sold off quickly and replaced with a Lone Peak Fuzion and BnA TacSport 2 stage trigger.

While the benchrest crowd has figured out many moons ago how important trigger timing is, it's not really something that is talked about amongst the PRS/NRL crowd, and it's starting to get slightly more attention now that Impact has their trigger hanger feature.

On top of the ability to fine tune sear engagement, the BnA Tacsport is a great trigger which has proven to be reliable in adverse conditions, with crisp and consistent trigger pulls. There's a reason why it's one of the favorite trigger brands amongst the benchrest crowds, and gaining popularity in our sport.

No other 2 stage trigger that I'm aware of, including the upcoming TT 2 stage trigger (to my knowledge anyways), has the ability to adjust sear engagement like the BnA. I think that is a big oversight in design.

Damn, I feel like I should be endorsed or get kick backs from BnA now. I love their triggers - they are a really smart design, and I think they are much too often overlooked in our discipline.

Have a bunch of 2st, AI AX, Tubb T7T, BnA tacsport, their BnA marksman ($499) and the geissele s700, and the Calvin elite. The tubb is the nicest, the BnA marksman, the geissele, the bnA tacsport and the calvin. Geiselle is really nice, but not in a veritcal grip, the shoe isnt the fight shape for a MPA or MDT vertical grip, in a traditional hunting stock though its spot on IMHO

The T7T is a nice trigger, problem is it doesn't play nice with certain actions. While it's billed as a straight "drop in" fit trigger, it may require some filing down, and in some cases it's darn near impossible to get it to work.

I got one for my Defiance. I watched the youtube video which says all you have to do is file it for 3 min. Well 2 hours later of filing, I couldn't get it to fit. Sent it to my gunsmith - he also couldn't get it to fit. He sent it to Tubb, who also couldn't get it to work. I gave up and sold that trigger.

It's a great trigger, but it may or may not work for your action. Mine was a Defiance Rebel, no clue if it plays nicely with the Curtis actions. I really like the feature on that trigger where you can adjust the position of the trigger shoe, I think that's a smart feature.

got my geissele super 700 installed it into my curtis vector. After doing the 1st dry fire I tried to cycle the bolt and was not able to lift the bolt. I do not know wtf is up.

Just noticed that you already posted this. it is possible that this is not a case of the Geissele just being defective and instead a case of it being incompatible with your action. Quite a few of the aftermarket 700 platform actions took liberties with the cocking piece dimensions presumably for better performance with stock triggers (like anybody would use those on a custom action). This has resulted in some problems when using a lot of the tighter tolerance aftermarket triggers. I don't know what the situation is with the curtis. Here is a chart that Bix uses using the depth gauge on your reloading calipers you should be able to check your spec. You could also call BulletCentral as they have a good idea which are out of spec. The middle size sear on the chart corresponds to actions built to the original 700 spec. You should be able to determine if your action may be part of the issue with this chart. Talking to the Bullet central / Bix folks as well as the TriggerTech folks, I can tell you that creatively specked actions cause no end of problems for aftermarket trigger makers. It is quite probably that, being new to 700 triggers, Geissele had no idea about any of this when he specd out the super 700.

got my geissele super 700 installed it into my curtis vector. After doing the 1st dry fire I tried to cycle the bolt and was not able to lift the bolt. I do not know wtf is up.

Too tall sear height. I had the same problem with my cg Jackson and curtis axiom. I put a tacsport pro 2 stage on it with med height sear, all is good.

Myself and a friend bought identical Mausingfield actions from the same batch and the same dealer at the same time. He put a Huber in his, I put a BnA Tacsport 2 stage in mine. I ordered it with the correct sear height from Bullet Central.
Hi. Which sear height did you use? I have a Mausingfield on the way and I want to get a Tacsport Pro 2 stage for it. I can't order from Bullet Central since I am in Europe, so I have to specify the height.

Hi. Which sear height did you use? I have a Mausingfield on the way and I want to get a Tacsport Pro 2 stage for it. I can't order from Bullet Central since I am in Europe, so I have to specify the height.

I'm 95% sure it's the standard sear height. I tried looking back in my email for an invoice for the trigger which would have specified that, but I can't find it.

Perhaps @nbutze can clarify on proper sear height for Mausingfield

I'm 95% sure it's the standard sear height. I tried looking back in my email for an invoice for the trigger which would have specified that, but I can't find it.

Perhaps @nbutze can clarify on proper sear height for Mausingfield
Thx for the answer. Is it difficult to adjust the timing you are mentioning?

I have a tacsport pro 2 stage with medium sear in my Mausingfield and it is very smooth, very light bolt lift and it feels like the bolt closes itself

Reactions: KydeX
Thx for the answer. Is it difficult to adjust the timing you are mentioning?

Very easy - there's an allen screw that allows you to adjust sear engagement. Between that and getting the correct sear height, it's pretty easy to get it dialed in.

Last edited:
Reactions: KydeX