• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Geissele Super Precision mount has no serial numbers on the rings?

Len5E1

Private
Minuteman
May 3, 2018
I usually buy ADM mounts for my ARS for the QD but figured I would try one of the G$ mounts to see if I liked it. I purchased from OpticsPlanet and just finished installing it. One thing I noticed was in the instructions it mentions the serial numbers on the top rings should match the base and photos online show this but my mount has no numbers at all on the base and rings where they connect. Also no serial number on the front of the mount that I see in some photos. All the normal laser markings are present though on the side. Is this normal? I assume I installed it properly because when I got it I made sure to keep track of the position and location of each top ring as a form of habit so I reinstalled the way it arrived. I have no way to quality check that it arrived properly though due to no numbers.

I noticed the same thing on a recent purchase, then found that Geissele has updated their product web pages with this statement:

"While Geissele Super Precision Mounts previously featured serialized caps on our mounts, after ongoing testing and evaluation, we found that the caps can be interchanged between base towers without any loss of precision or return-to-zero. You can expect the same quality and performance, but without the hassle of a damaged or missing cap preventing repair of your mount."

I kept the caps oriented as received. It's still a great lightweight AR mount, IMHO.