• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Geissele super scar

slyfox

Private
Minuteman
May 24, 2012
IN
So I finally got my super scar trigger 2 weeks ago. When I tried to assemble the trigger I realized there was a problem with the trigger pin holes lining up. I emailed Geissele on sunday and received a reply shortly after from William Geissele. He told me he would take care of it and I shipped my lower receiver and new trigger to them. I got it back today one week later. The trigger feels incredible, significantly better than the stock trigger. I hope to get it out to the range this weekend but just dry firing the thing feels infinitely better.

Excellent product and excellent customer service. I would definitely recommend their stuff if you are in the market for a new trigger.

Re: Geissele super scar

Would like to hear more about the trigger group once you have played with it at the range.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HAVOC615</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Would like to hear more about the trigger group once you have played with it at the range. </div></div>
+1

Just picked up my 17 and I'm interested in this trigger as well? Where did you pick yours up from?

I will probably get to play with it some tomorrow and this weekend. I can post a follow up after that. I ordered through Midway since they will allow you to order and sit in the backorder queue. I waited 3 months before it shipped.

Geissele's customer service is unbelievably good as are their triggers.

I had a question about a new SSA-E that did not seem quite as crisp as I thought it should be. I e-mailed the company and had a response back from Bill within an hour (in the evening/on a weekend). He wanted to look at the trigger.

Sent it in and about one week later I have a new SSA-E trigger that is everything I thought it would be (plus a Geissele ballcap).

Geissele will get more of my business.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: slyfox</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I will probably get to play with it some tomorrow and this weekend. I can post a follow up after that. I ordered through Midway since they will allow you to order and sit in the backorder queue. I waited 3 months before it shipped. </div></div>
Glad it worked out for ya, let us know how it works after ya run it a little bit. SIDE NOTE: BEWARE of Midway's/backorder sometimes they
disappear with no warning and no attempt to replace etc.

Received mine from Midway after a 2 month wait for my SCAR 16 and made it to the range last week. All I can say is wow, what a difference. Only wish the rifle came with it. . . . . .

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Falsecrack</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My bro rocks one in his heavy and he loves it!</div></div>
Hawaiian, you gotta let me check em out!

A good friend of mine runs one in his SCAR 17. It's a hell of an upgrade for that gun. I felt that the stock trigger took so much away from the gun, that I would have been VERY unhappy had I spent that much on the gun and that's how the trigger felt. Having shot the gun both before and after the trigger, I can say it's well worth the money. The gun had much crisper take, break, and reset. I was also able to have a much quicker follow up shot. I'm a fan for sure.

Good to hear someone is running one and really likes it. As in, "It's worth $400," likes it. I don't mind paying for something if it reliably does what it claims.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Falsecrack</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Bad-Andy,

My bro live in Colorado....</div></div>

Damn....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: zenghost</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Geissele's customer service is unbelievably good as are their triggers.

I had a question about a new SSA-E that did not seem quite as crisp as I thought it should be. I e-mailed the company and had a response back from Bill within an hour (in the evening/on a weekend). He wanted to look at the trigger.

Sent it in and about one week later I have a new SSA-E trigger that is everything I thought it would be (plus a Geissele ballcap).

Geissele will get more of my business.</div></div> Really wish every company was still like this!

I have shot the rifle some now with the new trigger. The pull of the trigger feels right around 4 - 4.5 lbs. I don't have a trigger pull gauge so I can't test that. It feels pretty much like a 1911 trigger on a 556. Short first stage till resistance allows for great predictability. The trigger break is extremely crisp and smooth. The reset on the trigger is also very short allowing for extremely fast follow up shots. I was just doing two and three round bursts and I was amazed at how fast I could do it. You can easily put 2-3 rounds down range in the same amount of time you could do one with the stock trigger. This trigger will allow for very relaxed longer distance shots since you can stage the shot through the first stage, focus breathing and then squeeze just a bit more to send it. Overall I am extremely pleased with this trigger. The price is steep but from what I understand they make them in small batches and the machining and prep is expensive and time consuming. With that said I have no regrets spending the $400 for this rifle to shoot like this. I think all scars should just come with these installed.