• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Geissele Trigger

jayjaytuner

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 6, 2008
Geneva, New York
just ordered a DMR trigger for my ar15., anyone have one, i heard there the shit. can't wait to get it, are these gtg the way they come shipped or how do u set them up? are they pre-set to a certin pull weight?

lastely do they drop right in?

Re: Geissele Trigger

Love mine. They come w/ detailed instructions, and are preset, but may require fine tuning of the springs to the specific pull weight you desire.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NineHotel</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Awesome triggers. DMR = no screw adjustments BTW. </div></div>

is this a good thing or a bad thing.....

i couldnt decide between the dmr & service rifle model, but ultimatly went with the dmr

+1 on the Geissele. Sweet action. Very crisp. DMR won't have the super fine adjustments the hi-speed Match trigger has, but you cannot go wrong with a Geissele.

I had a question about the installation when I was dropping mine into an AR-10, and I called them up. They said they would call me right back. I got a call 5 minutes later... from Bill Geissele himself! He talked me through my questions and wished me luck from his cell phone. I coulda sworn he was driving. Now THAT'S customer service!

they are the shit and Mr. Geissele is a real gentleman. I left a voicemail for him indicating a problem with one of his triggers. he called me, spoke with me and sent out a repair part. It turned out that I was using a stripped allen wrench and there was no problem with his trigger. Oh well, I learned how to take the trigger apart and learned the owner stands behind his work.
smile.gif

The DMR is adjustable, and requires adjustments (which are easy if you follow the outstanding instructions). The DMR is the standard adjustable service/match trigger with a different weight (lighter) trigger spring. Or did they change it to non-adjustable since I bought mine?
The SSA is the non-adjustable, drop in one.
And as noted above Bill G is incredible.

I have a Geissele trigger in my Les Baer AR-15 . I am not sure which model it is since it came with the rifle but its pretty good . It is a 2-stage which gives me fits since I am used to a 2-3 pound single stage trigger . When I am doing slow fire and really pay attention it works well but not as well as a single stage IMO .

I found with mine (I have a few), that before long it feels like about a 1 pound trigger (I end up not noticing the take up and doing it quite quickly). I have shot both three gun and off the bench and the short reset and light second stage make me think that this is the trigger the AR should have come with decades ago.... YMMV

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: spr1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The DMR is adjustable, and requires adjustments (which are easy if you follow the outstanding instructions). The DMR is the standard adjustable service/match trigger with a different weight (lighter) trigger spring. Or did they change it to non-adjustable since I bought mine?
And as noted above Bill G is incredible. </div></div>

Both of my DMRs are identical to yours, and you're right about the SSA unless they've changed something. Mine came with the standard "Hi-Speed" trigger set along with a card with the DMR springs attached to it. The SSA trigger is the "combat" non-adjustable trigger and that trigger also has a select fire counterpart.

I have my Geisseles set for a 2lb 1st stage and a clean, crisp 1lb 2nd stage. It is like having a "safe" 1lb trigger because it stages so easily, the point where you engage the second stage is EXTREMELY well defined. The triggers are built to last and every smith who I've talked to that has seen one is impressed. The carry a decent price tag but are worth every penny. I would use no other trigger in a precision AR build.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Falar</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: spr1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The DMR is adjustable, and requires adjustments (which are easy if you follow the outstanding instructions). The DMR is the standard adjustable service/match trigger with a different weight (lighter) trigger spring. Or did they change it to non-adjustable since I bought mine?
And as noted above Bill G is incredible. </div></div>

Both of my DMRs are identical to yours, and you're right about the SSA unless they've changed something. Mine came with the standard "Hi-Speed" trigger set along with a card with the DMR springs attached to it. The SSA trigger is the "combat" non-adjustable trigger and that trigger also has a select fire counterpart.

I have my Geisseles set for a 2lb 1st stage and a clean, crisp 1lb 2nd stage. It is like having a "safe" 1lb trigger because it stages so easily, the point where you engage the second stage is EXTREMELY well defined. The triggers are built to last and every smith who I've talked to that has seen one is impressed. The carry a decent price tag but are worth every penny. I would use no other trigger in a precision AR build. </div></div>
+1. I have the DMR version in my AR. It is awesome beyond my ability to express in words. Well worth the $279.

Geissele Triggers are the best triggers I have ever found for an AR-15. Anyone know if they also work in an AR-10?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ranger1183</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Geissele Triggers are the best triggers I have ever found for an AR-15. Anyone know if they also work in an AR-10?
</div></div>

I have Geissele service rifle trigger on my AR10, I replaced the Jewell that came with the rifle when I bought it used from Hide member.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ranger1183</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Geissele Triggers are the best triggers I have ever found for an AR-15. Anyone know if they also work in an AR-10?
</div></div>

My AR10 has a Geissele in it, the only problem was some interference from the selector switch. Nothing a small file couldn't fix and even some AR15 selector switches have been known to interfere.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jayjaytuner</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NineHotel</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Awesome triggers. DMR = no screw adjustments BTW. </div></div>

is this a good thing or a bad thing.....

i couldnt decide between the dmr & service rifle model, but ultimatly went with the dmr </div></div>

They were trying to Marine-proof them....
wink.gif
.mil wanted one without screws so that troops would not, you know, SCREW with them. Nothing to come loose that way.

An AR 2 stage trigger (single stage as well) without screws can be "adjusted" by someone that knows what they are doing with spring pressure, sear engagement, sear angle. The DMR does not have screws but is adjustable like any other 2 stage without screws.

I have the screw adjustable version in my primary and backup Service Rifle lowers for competition but will put the DMRs in my mid-length field rifle as well as my SPR soon.

Bill Geissele is one smart, stand-up dude. His product is first rate and he stands behind it. His biggest issue is keeping up with demand while working a full time job. At CP he's heads-down all day while working on and installing triggers. I bet during CMP week he had over 150 lowers that he worked on. He'll do a maintenance and inspection on them for you while there. While they are pretty much bulletproof, they like any other precision mechanism prefers to be clean and adjusted correctly.

Hmm. My DMR has screws in it. BOught from LaRue about a week ago.

Works great. 50oz 1st stage, 16 oz second.

Well worth the $$.

Let me check my data - it was my understanding that he was bringing out one without screws. Might be a naming issue.

The ones without screws are the SSA and SSF, the SSF being select fire capable. Both are completely drop in for the appropriate lower/selector. My understanding is that the SSF works in a semi only lower, but you would be paying for capablitiy not used.
The DMR and service grade triggers should be the ones with adjustments.
Note on selectors.... some of the safety/selectors out there are not to specification, causing interference with the trigger assembly. The fix is either a file to the selector, or to replace the selector with one having the correct width opening.

A friend of mine just put one in his DPMS .308, and told me it is the most inconsistant trigger he's ever pulled.

I don't know if it was the adjustable type, or not.

I had a service trigger in my AR and was not happy with it ,It did need a tiny bit more adjusting but not much . then I shot a friends rifle with a Timney trigger in it and fell in love with the Timney its was just how I thought a trigger should have felt and for the price a Timney cant be beat . Maybe it was just me as it seems that the majority here love there Geissele

My experience, and just my experience, with 5 of them, is that they are the most consistent triggers I have ever felt in an AR, and, they feel better than a bunch of high end triggers in my bolt guns.
If you are experiencing anything less than amazement, I would humbly suggest either going back completely to square one on the installation instructions or call Bill for his advice. The triggers with adjustments absolutely have to be dialed into the specific receiver they are installed in.
The SSA is almost as amazing as the DMR, and is a drop in.

should have it monday or tues.

good to know theres alot of positives

yea the 2 lb first stage, 1 lb second sounds like a nice way to go!