• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Geisselle Super 700 2 stage trigger

Hookturnr

Low Speed, High Drag
Minuteman
  • Jan 20, 2012
    Pittsburgh, PA ish..
    I was at the Great American Outdoor show the last couple days and ran across this beast at the Geisselle booth.

I've never been a 2 stage kinda guy but I'm seriously considering picking one of these up for one of my LR guns.

I can say this much, the take up is clean, the wall feels prominent then the break is super crisp.
    It's adjustable for weight as well. The demo was set at 1lb.8oz 1st stage, break at 2.5lb.

Anyone else have one yet or have more experience that can provide better input?

BTW, The rep. had them for sale at the show, said Brownells had them in stock and that they would be up on the website any day..

I did not find the super 700 trigger sell on their official website. Anyone know why?

I was inpressed by the one I felt at SHOT

I have one waiting to be put into a build I’m just waiting in surgeon to get my action to me. How do they feel compared to other two stage triggers on the market?

I have one waiting to be put into a build I’m just waiting in surgeon to get my action to me. How do they feel compared to other two stage triggers on the market?
    I'm strongly considering ditching my Huber 1.5 and putting a Super 700 in my Defiance 6.5x284.

I’m pretty excited to get it in this action. Have been waiting on geissele to release a bolt action trigger for a while.

I have mine on a Bighorn Origin and love it. The ARC Nucleus seems to not work OOTB and requires you to send the trigger back.

Geissele does have a voluntary recall on them. Basically, Geissele found the trigger in single stage mode could fail after 10,000+ pulls and that wasn't good enough for them. It seems they have stop sale/marketing the trigger in single stage mode. It doesn't effect the trigger in two stage mode.

The read linked above has most of the details.

Reactions: jwood1284
    How will the bolt release affect me having a side bolt release

Just take it off the bolt release on the trigger.

Also, while it may have been a fluke for me, my Super 700 wasn't compatible with my Surgeon action. There's another member who said they had no problems but I'm 0-2. Either way Geissle is aware.

Just take it off the bolt release on the trigger.

Also, while it may have been a fluke for me, my Super 700 wasn't compatible with my Surgeon action. There's another member who said they had no problems but I'm 0-2. Either way Geissle is aware.
    What did you do to get it to work or did you use a different trigger?

Hmmmmmm interesting I’ll have to wait to see what’s going on when the action comes in.

As I said, Geissle is aware and once or if I receive some trouble shooting tips within the next couple days, I might try it and post up if it'll function but if not I'll be returning them.

As I said, Geissle is aware and once or if I receive some trouble shooting tips within the next couple days, I might try it and post up if it'll function but if not I'll be returning them.
    Ok awsome yea anything to get them to work would be great but if I can’t use them with the action no use in having the trigger

Ok awsome yea anything to get them to work would be great but if I can’t use them with the action no use in having the trigger

Got another reply back from Geissle. No troubleshooting tips, just asked to send my Surgeon and Bighorn I couldn't get the triggers to function with.

I have no interest in going through all that effort for some triggers I'm not attached too so I'll just be returning mine.

I’ve felt one set up for two stage out of the box. It feels really nice with an amazing second stage break and reset.

trigger shoe shape is awesome for a traditional stock, Not great in a chassis (MPA and MDT the action sits high so the shoe dia a bit small and doesnt fit naturally. crisp as glass. i had to send my 4 back for warranty and to have them adjust to be useable in a nucleus. waiting on them.

Just a quick update...I bought the Geissele originally from Brownells...I sent the trigger to Geissele because I knew it might not work in the Nucleus...They promptly sent one back and I had high hopes...When my JHR arrived (Nucleus action) it worked, but only part-time... I contacted them again and sent that one back...I just received an email from Justin at Geissele and he said the trigger I sent back the second time did NOT have the Nucleus adjustment, and he is sending me the proper one!!! AND a free shirt!!! At one point, I talked to 'Chris' I believe...Turned out to be Mr. Geiselle himself...Outstanding customer service. I'm confident the trigger will work fine...I do love a 2-stage, light trigger...:)

i sent 4 back, and all 4 got adjusted and sent back in ~ 4 weeks. all verified to work

Reactions: Last Chance
    I just received and installed a Super 700 in my Remington 700 LTR which has a Grayboe stock. The only issue installing was the lack of instruction regarding removing the bolt stop and spring. With a little help from the internet I figured it out. I previously put a Geissele 2-stage in my AR and liked it and so far the Super 700 gives the same trigger feel dry firing. Hope to fire it Friday.

Reactions: Last Chance