• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gelati deluxe Shooters Mat fro Sako TRG 22?

Bugaboo

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 21, 2010
Prague, Czech Republic
I am considering the Gelati Deluxe Shooting Mat (http://www.galatiinternational.com/product/SM4812O.html).
But I want to be 100% positive my TRG 22 with the Sako muzzle brake will fit into it.

I will also appreciate any personal experiences. I want to use it at the matches I go to, where I either need to unpack everything, shoot couple of rounds and repack everything a move to a next stage, or where I need to stay at one position several hours - in the winter the ground gets cold.

Thanks to all.

Re: Gelati deluxe Shooters Mat fro Sako TRG 22?

I carried one for a 4 or 5 years and it was a good piece of equipment. Gave it to a buddy when I got my first suppressor because the rifle wont fit with the can attached.

Pros - It was very well built and I used it pretty hard while I had it without any signs of wear. Also really handy to have that much storage in the case you carry your rifle in (ammo, data cards, wind meter, range finder, etc). It had backpack style straps so if you had to carry it any distance or up ontop of an obstacle in the case this was really easy.

Cons - the little plastic clip that secures the rifle inside the case will wear out your belly if you lay on it for long. It was the first thing to be taken off (could be replaced with velcro or something). It collected a ton of dirt and sand from laying on it and opening and closing it. If there wasn't time to shake it off before moving all that grit was rattling around in the case and getting into the action when the rifle was put back in.

All in all I was pleased with it, but I replaced it with a drag bag and small shooting mat to fit the rifle with can attached. Haven't really missed it that much but it was functional.

Just to be sure, the rifle was TRG 22 with muzzle brake? It seems pretty tight judging by the measurements...

i have it.. my rifle with a can on it, 1.5 di, will slide into it... even my bohica 50bmg break will fit in it...

I have the deluxe and the Elite bags. They are both well made and I use both with a suppressor that is 1.625" in diameter. It will fit into the muzzle protector.

I don't know what diameter the Sako brake is, but if it's 1.625" or less it will work.

If you ever think you'll be getting a suppressor, I would recommend getting the Elite bag, as it is longer and will accomodate the extra length. Or if you ever think you'll get a .338 or bigger caliber, then the Elite bag would be a better choice also. Personally I use the Elite bag more often, just because it is bigger and gives me more area to "spread out" on.

Thanks, guys. I wasn't concerned with the diameter, but with the total length. Judging from the pictures the diameter should be OK.
I will see if I can get the Elite model, that is a good recommendation. Thanks everyone for the info and experience.

What is the length of the brake?

The manufacturer states the total length of 48"/122cm. My rifle is exactly 122cm long, so it is tight.