• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gempro 250 didn't like being stored for 5 months

ssdrew

Private
Minuteman
Aug 10, 2014
Mena, AR
Moved across the state for school during the week and brought all of my reloading stuff with me. Packed my Gempro 250 in its case and it was carefully packed up and sat in a box since August inside the house. Started setting up stuff the past couple of weeks and noticed when it was turned on it was drifting pretty wildly. Figured it might just need to be left on for a while. It has done this for a week. Figured the electricity might be kind of dirty since I'm in an old house and got a battery backup to plug it into. It pretty much stopped the drifting, but no matter how I calibrate it, it reads 10gr low or 10gr high. Before I packed it up, it always stayed on and always worked well with some occasional drifting. If anyone has any ideas what might fix it, I'm all ears.

So far I have turned it upside down and shook out the loose kernels, gently tapped the bottom, and calibrated it in linear mode with the 20g weight and 50g from my CM.

My charge master lite didn't like my 9 month hiatus either. It was over throwing and wouldn't calibrate. I left it plugged in and on over two nights. It works fine now. Weird. But it works.

Mine hasn't been turned off going on 1.5 weeks. Its weird, because it is very consistent with the weights, just 10 to 15 grains heavier depending on weight. Oh well, I'll make the OG Chargemaster work until I can upgrade or this thing sets itself out

Moved across the state for school during the week and brought all of my reloading stuff with me. Packed my Gempro 250 in its case and it was carefully packed up and sat in a box since August inside the house. Started setting up stuff the past couple of weeks and noticed when it was turned on it was drifting pretty wildly. Figured it might just need to be left on for a while. It has done this for a week. Figured the electricity might be kind of dirty since I'm in an old house and got a battery backup to plug it into. It pretty much stopped the drifting, but no matter how I calibrate it, it reads 10gr low or 10gr high. Before I packed it up, it always stayed on and always worked well with some occasional drifting. If anyone has any ideas what might fix it, I'm all ears.

So far I have turned it upside down and shook out the loose kernels, gently tapped the bottom, and calibrated it in linear mode with the 20g weight and 50g from my CM.

The Gempro is a precision instrument and it needs love and care. The instruction manual does not directly say this, it does talk about warming the scale up before it is used. I made a similar mistake with my Gempro, by not keeping it a stable room. It did not like the swings in air tempeture. When I finally set my Gempro back up, it placed it in a living space room and fortunately it woke up. I realy like the Gempro, but it needs TLC>

The Gempro 250 has been recalled due to problems with drift. I got a refund on my 250 from MyWeigh. Sent them an email about the problem (ie: drift). Got an email back to email a copy of my receipt for refund since they don't have a replacement scale for the 250.

Soooo...last night I messed with it some more...30min worth and finally got it back to normal. I just couldn't fathom how it was precise in measurements, but 10% ish off the actual weight. So I pulled the plate off and tared it to zero. Placed a 140gr bullet and it was dead on, threw a 115gr on there and same. I could have swore I used the metal cover plate before, but apparently that was what was throwing it off. I used it to load 50rds of 6cm and 20rnds of 270win and it worked perfect. So far, it seems having it plugged into a UPC backup has made a huge difference in drifting.

20200125_233507.jpg

Check your lighting.

Cheap florescents, cheap LED lamps, any other electronics around.

I've been able to induce drift in one with a florescent light that wasn't grounded.