• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Gemtech Quicksand on Remington 700 SPS Tactical?

Re: Gemtech Quicksand on Remington 700 SPS Tactical?

I do in .223 and you know the can is .30.
I had major POI shift on one rifle only. and it has other problems it is reallly minimal on everything else I have used it on. I mean like less than quarter inch at 100.
Why?

I was told that I should use a threaded suppressor instead of the bi-lock for accuracy. I wanted to hear what Quicksand owners had to say about its performance on a bolt gun.

Another question to everyone is, should I use the tension style mount instead of the Vortex bi-lock?

POI shift is minimal with the sandstorm. the bi lock system POI (quicksand) has a repeatable shift in POI because it is prutty light weight for a .30 can. I use it on a few different hosts.

My class 3 guy told me to stay away from the Quicksand and only go for the Ti thread on can from them. He told me massive POI change was about all I could expect.

The tensioning device fills with carbon pretty quick and can be difficult to get off after 20 or so rounds. The bi lock flash suppressors have that extra space in between them that gives the carbon a place to go. They don't lock up with carbon until you shoot well over 100 rounds.

I run that QD mount - Bi-Lock with a Gemtech HVT and don't find that much of a POI shift. I have it on some bolt rifles and semi's (AR's) and of course each one has a little different shift but none are more than 1.25 MOA difference in elevation and about the same in windage. The one thing I did notice was the shorter then barrel the less shift. I think that is decent. That being said, when I went to a TI can recently I did decide on a thread on instead of the QD mount. Mainly becsue there was a group buy on Thunderbeast at the time.