• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Gemtech Trinity/Trimount?

christian77

Sergeant
Minuteman
I own a Gemtech Trinity suppressor and I've seen a Gemtech Trimount advertised in several places. I went to Gememtech's website because apparently the Trimount has all the offerings of the Trinity and I was wondering why they made a second suppressor with identical features.

Well apparently the Trinity is the Trimount now..and the cans are just remarked as Trimount...but they must've re-designed it because its now a different size (Trimount is longer/fatter).

I can understand a new design or mod over the years...most cans improve and have mods over time...but anyone know why they have re-designated it the Trimount?

Also...
Their is a new LID offered for the Trimount, excerpt from site:
<span style="font-style: italic">"The new 2008 L.I.D. (Linear Inertial Decoupler recoil enhancer) has been totally re-designed and can be tuned for minimizing point of impact shift with no tools required "</span>

Its not offered for the "old Trinity" I'm assuming due to the size difference...but how would this work anyhow? My "old Trinity" totally skews accuracy of my pistols that are tackdrivers.

Both cans are listed on their site and the description is essentially the same:
Trinity: http://www.gem-tech.com/TRINITY.html
Multimount: http://www.gem-tech.com/MULTIMOUNT.html
<span style="font-size: 14pt"><span style="color: #FF0000"><span style="font-weight: bold">WTF?</span></span></span>
MultiMount.jpg

Re: Gemtech Trinity/Trimount?

Gemtech introduced new suppressors last year and discontinued the Trinity. The new boosters are in the Tundra and Multimount (the new product lines). The Tundra replaced the Trinity and I don't know if the Tundra booster module will retro fit. If you need another booster for your Trinity I have heard that Gemtech still has a supply of replacement parts but you have to call them to order one.

Re: Gemtech Trinity/Trimount?

It might be similar to the AAC mount which requires the user to pull the can off the booster away from the pistol with the suppressor attached to the barrel, then simultaneously turning it small turns at a time and shooting until you get the desired POI shift.

I really like that system, but i just dont like how loud AAC's pistol suppressors are. The Gemtech Multi mount and SWR Trident are the quietest 9mm cans on the market right now, very close to each other. Its a toss up which one to purchase. I ended up going with a Trident due to the stainless blast baffle since im running it on a Full auto 9mm 5" tros 3 lug gun. But they both have 7075 aluminum construction, so they can take a beating.