• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Gen 2 PST

I have had a PST gen II 3-15x44 for about two weeks now, came directly from Vortex. Haven't had time to shoot it. So far it's a big step in the right direction over the gen I. Only minor things I would change, matte finish instead of the satin. Slightly easier to turn power ring, got a Vortex switch throw lever on the way. Slightly easier to turn illumination knob. Lastly more reticle options to chose from.

Tracking tests and how it holds up remain to be seen.

Midway USA has some select models in and so does optics planet. Their kind a trickling in here and there I have found.

Believe Cameralandny has a few in stock as well.

There was a 5-25 ffp mrad on the px earlier, it was sold within an hour or two.

There re was another for sale a few weeks ago, not sure if it's sold yet but here's a link.

Hey.... you never know. thought there was a chance you'd try to make it a bakers half dozen scopes you've bought and sold in he last 30 days!

Is Skinny needing a scope?

I got in on a non prepay pre-order list with Scott @ Liberty Optics when the PST Gen 2 was first announced and I honestly just assumed I wasn't going to get one for a very long time and then Scott calls me up last week and says hey your next on the list for the Gen 2 5-25 Mil version do you still want it.......so I called him back the next day and had the scope in my hands 4 days latter.......Big Thanks to Scott I am sure he could have just moved on to the next person on the list, but he waited for me to return his call the next day.

Just got an email saying Swfa has the 5-25 ffp mrad in stock, in case anyone is looking. Mine should be here by middle of next week so I can see how it tracks.

I got in on a non prepay pre-order list with Scott @ Liberty Optics when the PST Gen 2 was first announced and I honestly just assumed I wasn't going to get one for a very long time and then Scott calls me up last week and says hey your next on the list for the Gen 2 5-25 Mil version do you still want it.......so I called him back the next day and had the scope in my hands 4 days latter.......Big Thanks to Scott I am sure he could have just moved on to the next person on the list, but he waited for me to return his call the next day.

I have read the glass quality is an improvement over the gen 1 pst. How so? Do you have something to compare the glass to to give an idea on the quality? I have one on pre-order. Thanks

I find the glass to be very clear, bright and focused/crisp overall. The one area that I can say I've found an issue with is at max (25x) magnification. Everything gets a little crazy there, eyebox becomes very tight, mirage come on strong/blurry, very easy to move my head slightly and have a parallax issue with blur or shot hitting slightly off of POA. If I dial back just a tad, 2-3x'ish everything comes back together and looks great again. For me moving forward in the very few instances that I dial way up I'm going to use this scope as a 22x. I'll continue to try to see if I can find the magic parallax adjustment to make 25x usable. More time behind this scope will probably help a bunch.

I have read the glass quality is an improvement over the gen 1 pst. How so? Do you have something to compare the glass to to give an idea on the quality? I have one on pre-order. Thanks

I had three PST FFP Gen1s, a NF BEAST, I currently have NF 5-25 ATACR F1 Mil-C, Razor Gen2, Vortex Golden Eagle Comp scope, and now the new PST Gen2 FFP 5-25 MIL version. I haven't had a chance to mount the PST Gen2 yet, but when I do I will report back so far out of the box first impressions are good except getting the damn battery cap from cross threading when installing the battery for the illumination wow what small pain in the ass.......lol

I'll compare my gen 2 5-25 to my gen 1 1-4 just to see how the glass quality/coatings differ, it should be here in a few days. I will perform a tracking test on the 5-25 next weekend and report back with my findings.

If if it doesn't work out I'm going to sell and get a Razor 4.5-27. What the hell its just another 17 ounces and $1200 compared to the PST 2.

quickdraw what other scopes do you have that it compares to?

I ran a PST 1st gen most of last year. The Gen II is a definite step forward from that in many areas. I've been running a few Nightforce NSX's for the past bunch of years. The NF's have a slight edge in clarity but the PST G-II seems brighter. We can play the "this is that but that is this" game all day but it's all subjective. When all is said and done the new PST II is well worth the money and should do it's job well. It does what it was purchased for until my AMG gets here.

Blbennett:

I've seen M.O.A. scopes at two Scheels store. If you were to call or email them, they'd get you on their Mil/Mil wait list and notify you when they land. Scheels sells a ton of scopes, Vortex being one of their top brands. And they are good people to work with. The Grand Forks, ND store is my go to Scheels location. Worth a shot.

Got the pst 2 5-25 ffp mrad to the range today, it's a great scope for the price. It's not quite Razor gen 1 quality but it's definitely a step above the original pst. Tracked spot on to 8 mils vertical and 4 left and right. Turrets have a good positive feel, there better than the gen 1 for sure. With the Nightforce 20 moa base I have 16.2 mils of elevation left. All in all I like it and will be keeping it, I'll be using it to shoot 600-1200 yards next weekend.

Cabela's has the SFP MOA models in stock at the stores. I was able to compare a 3-15 PST GEN2 to an 3-15 XTRII in the store.

My quick first impressions were, in no particular order of importance:
-good magnification ring. Very clean and smooth throughout the entire zoom range. It had just the right amount of resistance.
-parallax knob was nice and easy to use even with the illum on that side. It is a nice knob setup. The parallax knob doesn't get in the way of the illumination knob and vice versa. This is one thing I did not like about the XTRII as the illumination and battery compartment gets in the way of the parallax knob
-illumination was excellent; by far brighter than the XTRII and NXS I have
-illumination knob is nice and just like the Razor 2. The battery compartment is a PITA (already noted on several threads) and you could tell that someone had issues getting a battery in there since it was all marked up
-turrets were tactile and audible, noticeably easier to move than the XTRII or NXS. I don't think they are too easy to move. I also don't think they wouldn't get shifted accidentally, but it was something I noticed.

I am really impressed with the what Vortex did with the PST GENII.

I ran my PST II 5-25X50 FFP Mrad in a match yesterday. It is mounted on a RPR 6.5CM. I found the scope to be very functional during the COF. The turrets were predictable when dialing, easy enough to adjust but also good tactile response and feel while slipping into each click detent. I have an SV-5 mounted on the magnification ring. This makes it easy to adjust but it has enough tension to not shift on it's own while moving through various positional stages.

The glass was bright and clear while shooting out to 900y on a day where temps ran from 70* to 80*. (I've had it out on practice days where temps were almost 100* without noticing any abnormal mirage). Most of the time at the match I was dialed between 12x to 15x but the few times I dialed in I stayed around 22x to try to easy the effects of a somewhat tight eye box and potential parallax error while at max zoom. The parallax numbering on the dial is surprisingly accurate which makes initial setup easy. I'm really liking the clarity and design of the EBR-2C reticle. The open center is nice when shooting small or running dot drills. The reticle is very clear and readable throughout the entire zoom range which surprised me a little on the low end of the range. I'll be getting my head...and eyes wrapped around the Christmas tree subtensions for a while but these will make some holds much easier in the future. I don't use illumination hardly ever but I definitely like the new location of the knob. It has a good tactile feel, works well but also doesn't get in the way while adjusting parallax.

As a side note the Vortex Defender caps are sooooo much better than anything Butler Creek ever built. The scope did come with scope caps. They may have been the older style Vortex caps but I didn't even take them out of the plastic because I had already ordered the Defenders. This scope is a keeper.

My local gun shop has the PST II 5-25 FFP in MOA in stock I believe 4 of them if any one is interested