• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Gen 3 Glock 20 trigger issues

Saito

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 10, 2008
1537 Paper St.
One of my panic buys was a G20. Pretty easy decision for me, even though I'm not a Glock fanboy. Anyhow, as the title says, I'm having issues with the trigger. After about 20-30 rounds the trigger gets spongy and then the pull gets incredibly hard and the take up is gritty. I did a 25 cent trigger job on it and cut the frame down when I first got it. What's happening is the trigger bar is slipping past the disconnector and wedging itself between the frame and end of the disconnector. I even swapped the disconnector but it didn't help. Trigger pull is ok most of the time, but after a few rounds the problem comes back. Even happens dry firing. Any suggestions? Should I try a new trigger bar? Trigger isn't bad for a Glock, but it's almost impossible to pull once the problem shows up. It really isn't consistent overall either.

UMM yeah about this^^^^ you might have cause your own problem with this one.

How so? None of the polishing got out of hand and the factory finish is still there(just shinier). You've gotta be more specific about how I caused the problem. I cut the frame down/polished on the G17 and don't have the same problem there.

How so? None of the polishing got out of hand and the factory finish is still there(just shinier). You've gotta be more specific about how I caused the problem. I cut the frame down/polished on the G17 and don't have the same problem there.

NOT AT ALL TRYING TO BE SMART WITH YOU BUT YOU TOO are going to have to be more specific about what kinda trigger job and frame cut down you did. AND is it the SLIDE or the RECIEVER (FRAME) that you cut down and how?

I said frame and frame is what I meant. Only modifications to the slide was new sights from 10-8 Performance. Have yet to post pics since the change over, so I'm not up on how to do it yet.

Attachments

• G20-6.jpg
    G20-6.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 11
Here's another pic. I reduced the size, but still can't seem to attach more than one at a time.

Attachments

• G20-5.jpg
    G20-5.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 16
  • G20-4.jpg
    G20-4.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 13
I filled the back of the frame(or receiver, in somone's parlance) with Devcon before cutting it down. The area where the ejector and disconnector sit was blocked off and is clear of any Devcon. I had a hard time focusing the camera on the trigger bar and disconnector area, so I just took the thing apart again. I still have a bit more stipling to do, but it's finished for the most part. I have a pretty good assortment of trigger springs, disconnectors and even firing pin springs on hand.

Attachments

• G20-3.jpg
    G20-3.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 18
  • G20-2.jpg
    G20-2.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 13
  • G20-1.jpg
    G20-1.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 9
Did you or the guy you got it from alter the part of the trigger that connects with the disconnector? The reason I ask NOT SAYING YOU DID but a few have brought there pistol to me after POLISHING the trigger (TRYING I THINK TO MAKE IT GO FULL AUTO) with this problem. IT changes the angle of connection.

without having it in my hands to look at you got me alittle stumped have you tried a new firing pin spring( even though I dont thing it the problem or will fix it)

If you have extra parts then replace everything if that doesnt work then i would have to say that you may have weaken the structural integrity of the frame when you did the grip reduction.

I had a very similar problem with my old Glock 20, which was caused by me "tweaking" my connector.

I learned the angle of the "L" of the connector is really crucial to correct function.

If you've replaced the connector though, sounds like that's not your issue.

I had another similar problem with another Glock; I got "smart" and decided to reshape the tip of the trigger bar a little and wound up with a very, very gritty takeup that was hard to get to release.

I think you'd be doing well to replace your trigger bar and go from there.

Based on my experience, Glock fire control is really touchy and it really does have to be "right". It amazes me how reliable these things are considering the FCG is indeed quite finicky to mods.

Ummm...That used to be such a beautiful Glock...hmmm....Glock engineers do their best to prohibit gun plumbers from making it better....unfortunately, they are not as successful as they would like to be. The only thing missing is paint...from Walmart. clicka clicka clicka.....

Forgive my unwarranted attack.... but its nails down a chalkboard when I see posts like the one above. "Hey look at my Glock...I made it better"..."umm...can you help me fix it?"

Lets call that part the "connector"...part #24 on the schematic.

The best in the world will take it new outta the box and walk on water.....just sayin.....02. Now I'm shutting up.

End Rant

Last edited:
I had a very similar problem with my old Glock 20, which was caused by me "tweaking" my connector.

I learned the angle of the "L" of the connector is really crucial to correct function.

If you've replaced the connector though, sounds like that's not your issue.

I had another similar problem with another Glock; I got "smart" and decided to reshape the tip of the trigger bar a little and wound up with a very, very gritty takeup that was hard to get to release.

I think you'd be doing well to replace your trigger bar and go from there.

Based on my experience, Glock fire control is really touchy and it really does have to be "right". It amazes me how reliable these things are considering the FCG is indeed quite finicky to mods.

Thanks for the informed response. I'll start with a new disconnector and trigger bar I guess. I'm also amazed at the reputation for reliablilty when you consider how delicate the FCG is. I'm glad I slimmed this thing down. Factory glock grips and sights blow donkeys. Have yet to shoot a Gen4 though. My G17 turned out tits and everyone who sees it, wants to buy it from me. I've only rattle-canned one weapon(of my own anyway) and the rest have been cerakoted, to include the G17. I'll get this thing dialed in. Thanks to everyone who's added something to the discussion.

Haven't f'd with it yet. I'll be jackn' it at work for another 10 days(actually just bought a TAB suppressor cover from rifles only). Can't remember where I got my last set of Glock parts from. Think topglock.com maybe? ? I'll buy the parts you offered up in that other thread a minute ago. PM me. :)

my guess is trigger spring isn't seated correctly. take slide off. look into where (use a light) trigger spring hooks into the trigger bar. It should be centered vertically. it should not be off ot the side.

I just ordered a G20 yesterday and I am being told it may be here in November. I have made a few mods to my G22 such as mag well, mag release, trigger and barrel but I could never bring myself to start cutting down the frame.

my guess is trigger spring isn't seated correctly. take slide off. look into where (use a light) trigger spring hooks into the trigger bar. It should be centered vertically. it should not be off ot the side.

Thanks for the heads up. I'll take a look at that once I get back home.

Got some parts ordered up from glockmeister and finally got home from work. I replaced the trigger/trigger bar and put a 4.5lb connector in, along with a competition trigger spring. Trigger is light and crisp now. Can't seem to induce the previous problem by dry firing like I used to. Headed out today to put 60rds through it in rapid succession. I have a feeling my problem is solved. Thanks for all of the advice guys.