• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Gen 3 Specs - Your opinions please

Just Macca

Mealteam 6
Minuteman
May 13, 2013
Australia
Hello all,

I had a question relating to the specs on a Gen 3 monocular i'm looking at. The specs are: F.O.M 1700~ 2000. Resolution 64~72 lp/mm - S:N 25~28. Sensitivity <25,00 - Gain <70,000.

Are these pretty good specs for a Gen 3 Tube? It will be in a MuM-14 housing (including a head mount and weapon mount) and costs about $4K USD. I'm not in the US so this is far above the average specs we have access to, and quite good on pricing.

From the reading I've done these specs appear to be in the OMNI VII - VIII range, so not too bad. Excellent considering there aren't too many other options. What are your thoughts gentlemen?

Thanks for your insight.

The specs are pretty solid ... Exactly as you said OMNI 7-8 range ... The price is high for the US market, so i can't comment on that aspect... The MUM housing is decent. Not as common as the PVS-14 housings, but will work perfectly for gun/helmet

What's the recoil rating if a MUM? How does it compare to the vyper or hyper series?

I've seen spec sheets on several L3 WP & GP unfilmed gen 3 tubes, I noticed higher specs and a larger availability of high spec tubes in the WP. If in the US and doing a handpick on a WP tube specs of; PC 2650-2750, S/N 33-37, Res 72, EBI 0.7-1.3, Halo 0.7-1.3 are from what I've seen very doable granted these are to my knowledge the highest us US civilians can get. The specs you posted are very solid and will be a good very useable tube.

Pretty good specs. The mum housing is pretty nice also. I prefer the objective lens design over the 14, it's easier to focus to me.

compared a mum to a 14 some years back same tube F.O.V was not as good in the mum if i remember right. And a pain to mount to a D.S.A