• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Suppressors gen 4 glock

bcpdshooter

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 24, 2011
NW Louisiana
anyone seen how nasty the triggers are on the new gen 4 glock 22's? was just issued a new one and it is terrible.
have been looking for a oem glock 3.5lb gen 4 trigger.
department said triggers must be oem, if anyone has crossed this bridge would like to hear about it...

Re: gen 4 glock

We have four Gen4 Glocks in for T&E and I have a Gen4 G23 that I bought in February. They don't seem much different than any other Glock triggers to me.

What trigger did your agency order them with? 5lb, 8lb, NY1 or NY2? I wouldn't recommend putting a 3.5lb connector in a duty gun. Glock considers the 5lb connector to be the "standard" connector. Going lighter than that is likely to cause you a good bit of heartburn in the courtroom should you have to use it on duty.

The only thing different about the Gen 4 triggers is the knob on the side of the vertical extention on the trigger bar. It's there to keep the vertical extention centered on the firing pin safety during the trigger pull process. Some people notice it, and others don't. Give it a 1000 round trigger job (shoot the thing), and it will smooth out.

Also, check to see if it has an S trigger spring or a NY trigger spring. If its the NY, changing to the S will make a big difference.

The pull is slightly heavier but to me it actually seems better. I shoot my gen 4 22 as fast, and more accurately than my other glocks.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MrLowandSlow</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The only thing different about the Gen 4 triggers is the knob on the side of the vertical extention on the trigger bar.</div></div>

That bump has been in the 30 and 36 in previous gens. It is only new for the 9mm and 40.

Josh