• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

I'm underwhelmed by this. I'm a huge Glock fan but I can't for the life of me figure out why they would offer an ambi slide stop/release but not an ambi mag release? That is my biggest complaint of any Glock and probably one of my favorite features of HK (but not worth the HK prices).

Had a chance to shoot the 17 and 19 on Saturday. Nice guns, they shoot like Glocks.

Only drawback, besides the parts comparability thing... that slide treatment is super super smooth and slick. Slipperier than the Gen3 nonstick pan finish. I'm half-expecting some sort of revision to address either the traditionally-tepid serrations, or the slickness of the coating. For the ECQC crowd, maybe it's not a bad thing, especially with the beveled slide, muzzle-side. It's gonna be hard to stop this gun at contact distance.

Also noticed some mild slide peening developing on the range gun, 200 rounds in. Maybe this is from the return to a 2-pin system? Given Glock's stated intent not to offer the platform in 40SW, maybe this won't be a problem.

I'm underwhelmed by this. I'm a huge Glock fan but I can't for the life of me figure out why they would offer an ambi slide stop/release but not an ambi mag release? That is my biggest complaint of any Glock and probably one of my favorite features of HK (but not worth the HK prices).

If I'm reading the article right, the mag release is reversible like in the Gen 4s. You just have to choose which side you want it on.

I hope Glock isn't caving to the government demands trying to change a great gun to get a gov contract. I think that fix was already in. My guess is that's part of why the finger grooves are gone. I know some people hate them but I've not had any issues.

Regardless, I think it'll run like a Champ with Glock on it. Time will tell if I'm right.

If I'm reading the article right, the mag release is reversible like in the Gen 4s. You just have to choose which side you want it on.

I hope Glock isn't caving to the government demands trying to change a great gun to get a gov contract. I think that fix was already in. My guess is that's part of why the finger grooves are gone. I know some people hate them but I've not had any issues.

Regardless, I think it'll run like a Champ with Glock on it. Time will tell if I'm right.

The releases have always been interchangeable. But why not just make them ambidextrous? If you are accommodating lefties for the slide stop why not the mag release as well?

The releases have always been interchangeable. But why not just make them ambidextrous? If you are accommodating lefties for the slide stop why not the mag release as well?

My guess is that the spring pin that gives the mag release tension can't give tension both directions. The current design has to be one way or the other. On my department, every lefty had shot with a right hand mag release for so long, they chose to keep that configuration. Years of muscle memory would be difficult to change. I certainly feel for left handed shooters especially with AR rifles. Some things just aren't easy.

I want one! There's enough refinement that I'd buy one in a heartbeat if I wasn't in California.
List of what is new:
Slide
Frame
Finish
Trigger bar
Connector
Trigger return spring (which is now more of an assembly)
Plunger (not sure if same as g43)
Slide release
Slide lock
Slide lock spring
Trigger housing
Locking block
Locking block pin
Striker
Barrel (Marksmanship Barrel)
Recoil spring assembly

Been shooting one for a while... They're nice. Big improvement to the trigger. If you're a Glock fan, I think you'll really like it.

I never liked Glocks, always felt like they were behind the curve. The gen 2s my department still uses are almost the same as the gen 4s I've shot. The gen 5s looks live they've made a lot of worthwhile improvements. As long as the they're still reliable, they look great. A long time coming.

I like the look of the grip. I never liked the finger grooves on gen 3 & 4.

Does anyone ever use the slide release?

I was excited to see the ambi slide release. But I am with some of the other guys it would be nice to have a true ambi mag release. I will see if I can pick one up next year. But for now I will keep running the G4 26 and 34.

Shot them this last weekend. IMO, Not worth changing from Gen4's.

Negatives:
Wasnt more more accurate than my Gen4
Like the finger groves
Not at all happy about parts incompatibility with previous Gens
I like larger magwell than the Gen5 offers

Positives:
trigger does not stack
ambi slide release

I could see how this could be a good option as an issued gun if your agency does not allow any modifications at all, other than than IMO it's a non starter

The grip looks nice, and i appreciate that they changed up the sights. I was never a big fan of the factory sights on the glocks. My 19 came with the factory threaded barrel, and i really like the factory suppressor sights glock used.

I like it! I have some Vickers sights that will replace the plastic ones this week.

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"http:\/\/i.imgur.com\/NokXHW6h.jpg"}[/IMG2]

I really like the optional Ameriglo Bold Sights as well
AmeriGlo-NEW-Tritium-BOLD-series-night-sights-for.jpg

This may finally be the Glock that works for me. No finger grooves and no poly rifling. Hopefully, the ergonomics will suit me

how do yall like that magwell cutout in the front strap? do you notice is? looks like it would start to irritate the hands in long firing sessions.

https://youtu.be/ECzkQCAdYmc

i think Tim sums up very well my feelings.

im surprised he didnt whip it at some steel plates then bitch when it broke.

people complaining that it "looks like the old glocks" dont understand what glock does........they dont see Gen1/2/3/4/5 as "new guns".......they see them as the same gun with revisions made to it.

think of it like a car.....a 2016 honda civic is more or less the same as a 2017 honda civic........but the 2017 is slightly updated..........its the same with glocks.

glock has a rock solid and proven design.....and their guns are selling.....they dont need to come out and reinvent the wheel with new models

Last edited:
But obviously not the "perfection" we've heard all these years.

you do realize the "perfection" is glocks "constant pursuit of perfection".......and not glock actually claiming their guns are perfect......right?

you do realize the "perfection" is glocks "constant pursuit of perfection".......and not glock actually claiming their guns are perfect......right?

Forgot the sarcasm disclaimer. I'll take my foot off your nerve.

Almost all slogans and marketing from firearm manufacturers can be picked apart IMO.

Why would firearm manufacturers be any different than other manufacturers? A salesman's job is to convince people their product is the best and not buying one will lead to an unsatisfying life, loss of sexual desire, poor skin health, etc, etc, etc...