• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Gen II XR

strick9

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 3, 2008
Mt Horrible, SC
Been itching for a Premier, and being stuck on the MP8 leads me to the GEN II XR, however the more I look at the Gen II XR the more it seems my eye catches the hash marks as one mill marks and the dots as half mill as they are more pronounced. Seems the one mill dots should be more pronounced than the half mill slashes. Anyone else see this or is it a misconception of the drawing and my eye. In other words shouldn't the dots and hashes be reversed.

http://www.premierreticles.com/pdfs/2009-3-15xGen2XR.pdf

Re: Gen II XR

I thought that would be an issue, but it really isn't. Through the old MKI Mod0 eyeball I have, the dots are fine (literally) but easily distinguished from the hash marks.

I liked the GenIIXR a lot in my 5-25 I had, but not so much in the 3-15's I played with. Just my opinion, but the GenII MD is perfect for the 3-15, and the GenIIXR is (almost) perfect in the 5-25.

I agree with sobr... I found the XR a little fine in the 3-15, but seemed just right in the 5-25.... never got to see the genII MD....

It does seem backwards, but when you are actually using it, it is a non-issue, you don't even notice it. I have found it to be an outstanding reticle in my 2-25 (no experience in a 3-15).

It was hard for me to imagine that they wouldn't have covered the bases, but the drawing sure does play some tricks on my eye. Need to gaze through one. Thanks for the details gents.

I too agree with the GENIIXR is too small in the 3-15. You can't really see it well until you are on at least 8X. I traded mine gladly for that reason but then again my eyes with corrected lenses don't find all glass user friendly.

In my opinion the Gen 2 XR is too thin (fine) even in the 5x25. I sent my Premier 5x25 with the XR back and had them change out the reticle to a Gen2 MilDot. I like it a lot better now. I had an FFP MP8 reticle in my previous scope and loved it. The Gen2 Mil Dot will remind you more of the MP8, similar size and the floating cross is similar to the floating dot in the center of the MP8. If you like a thicker reticle like the MP8 you better go with the Gen2 MilDot.

I still miss my MP8 reticle, if Premier had that reticle they would make the perfect scope....

I think the GEN 2 XL is better than either of those listed. Just my 2 cents. Not sure if Premier will put that in a Heritage however?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CSTactical</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The GEN 2 XR is a great RET...............I have it in my.....USO.

Mike @ CST </div></div>

That is so not fair!! I wish I had the skins to make that happen!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CSTactical</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The GEN 2 XR is a great RET. Not only do I have it in my Premier scope but I have it in my S&B and USO.

Mike @ CST </div></div>

Real nice.

The Mil Marks, or lets say the Dots are really easy to see.
There is a big difference in how it loogs like in the Reticle Information to how in looks while aiming through the scope.

Chili