• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gen2 vs Gen3 Vortex Razor Clarity

Brooks Bell

Private
Minuteman
Oct 16, 2022
Godley, TX
Seeing if anyone has experience with the 4.5-27 gen 2 razor and 6-36 gen 3? $200 price difference, what are you choosing? Really wondering if the clarity is any better, not worried about the weight or the extra magnification but would be nice.

Have you not researched any of the Razor threads ? All of the answers to your questions will be there.

Reactions: longshot2000
Gen2 razor is a very reliable tank of a optic. Glass is decent. The g3 is a upgrade in every way(some dont like the turrets but thats personal). The g3 is so good im considering selling my zco and buying 3 g3s for my match guns.

Gen2 razor is a very reliable tank of a optic. Glass is decent. The g3 is a upgrade in every way(some dont like the turrets but thats personal). The g3 is so good im considering selling my zco and buying 3 g3s for my match guns.
How’s the clarity and light once you get past the gen 2 27x on the gen 3?

G3 blows away the G2 when comparing light transmission and clarity. Turrets are garbage on the G3. The lines on my G3 elevation turret don’t even line up. Never had this issue with my G2. I actually traded the opposite direction than M4orturnate and sold my G3 and bought a ZC527. G2 is still an awesome scope and can be found for ~$1300.

G3 blows away the G2 when comparing light transmission and clarity. Turrets are garbage on the G3. The lines on my G3 elevation turret don’t even line up. Never had this issue with my G2. I actually traded the opposite direction than M4orturnate and sold my G3 and bought a ZC527. G2 is still an awesome scope and can be found for ~$1300.
If I could find one for that much I’d jump on it. Best I’ve seen is 1700 on PX and 1900 from liberty optics