• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Gen3 unlocked

Nice. So what was done to unlock it?

OR, you could join us in the 21st century and buy an mrad scope........ LOL. Please dont take this to seriously. It was just an opportunity to make a funny at your expense.

Being mil or moa has nothing to do with the amount of internal adjustment an optic has.
Or have I missed something here 🤔

Did you check to see if the reticle still moves thru the entire range?

Being mil or moa has nothing to do with the amount of internal adjustment an optic has.
Or have I missed something here 🤔
I’m assuming there’s a rev limiter on the turret since it has a rev indicator. You don’t get the full travel of the scope in however many revs that is.

Ok, I'll take my lashes if need be.
Teaching moment for me then. I've never given this much thought.
744CB76A-5790-4FC4-8D12-A74BAC1037EC.jpeg

Last edited:
Thats confusing - Is it limited on MOA version (and seemingly not limited on mRad version) because of keeping track of numbers past 100?

The turrets are designed to turn a certain number of times. 3.8 I’m pretty sure. So since they have 25moa per rotation, you get 95 moa which is less than the total internal elevation. Conversely, since there are 10mil per rotation, you could turn it 38mils, but there are only 36.1 available, so that’s all you can get. A 30moa per rotation would net more with their design, but still wouldn’t unlock all the internal available elevation.

I had them do the same on the windage turret as well. The chart pictured above is incorrect. Well, sort of. It is 32 total, but only 16 in each direction…