• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors General Opinions of the H&K USPc 9mm?

Maciej

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Nov 12, 2008
NJ
Just curious what the general consensus is on the H&K USPc? Any things that bug you guys about it?

Re: General Opinions of the H&K USPc 9mm?

I like mine just the way it is. I do wonder if it would feel any different if it had the same recoil spring system as its full size brethren though.

I traded in my XD40 for a USPc 9. The decocker is a nice feature to have, and I also like the conventional safety when carrying it. I looked at the P2K and P30 during the same period, but I kept coming back to the compact because it fits me great to begin with and shoots right to my natural point of aim.

Josh

i love all HK pistols, my USPc 9 is one of my favorites except for the sights and 13 round mags as compared to others in its size range with ~15. other then that the trigger and frame have a great feel to them

nice size for a compact 9.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 300WSM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">nice size for a compact 9. </div></div> +1 Agree, If you have small/medium hands the USPc is GTG. Like any firearm, I'd handle one & if possible, rent/borrow one to shot. The difference between the USP Full size and Compact is slight, but VERY noticeable.

IMHO/.02: Also a great Carry piece for OWB, if you like the features the HK USP line offers.

Have a great one,
FTK

Trigger sucks, the shape is blocky and it's tough to conceal.

I would look elsewhere.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Downzero</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Trigger sucks, the shape is blocky and it's tough to conceal.

I would look elsewhere. </div></div>

Tough to conceal? I have some pants with large pockets that my USPc 9mm will slide right into.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Downzero</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Trigger sucks, the shape is blocky and it's tough to conceal.

I would look elsewhere.</div></div>

Can you elaborate on why you think the trigger sucks?

I haven't been able to find one to shoot in the area although out of nearly every pistol that I've handled that is comparable (HK P2000, Glock, Walther P99, Sig Sauers, XD) it fits my hand the best, the second best would be the P2000 that I had the opportunity to hold and mess around with yesterday. I've been leaning over to the P2000 due to the fact that it doesn't have a safety which is something I've been paying attention to since I'm left handed, although I won't be carrying it.

Yeah. The trigger is made of plastic, the double action is much heavier than it needs to be, the single action is gritty.

I agree that it does have a nice grip. It also has checkering designed for gloved hands/military use (which is massively overdone if you ask me).

The S&W M&P has a way nicer grip than the HK, though. It also has a lighter and smoother trigger that is consistent from shot to shot. The Springfield XD has a decently comfortable grip, and the new XD(m) has interchangeable grip backstraps (as does the S&W). I think this is a feature that every handgun should have--being able to fit the gun to your hand instead of the other way around should have been invented 30 years ago.

The Glock is a bit too fat for my taste, but tolerable. Sigs are completely out (WAY too fat for the majority of human hands) and I have no interest in a hammer fired DA pistol so the P99/HK would be out.

I have owned Sigs, Glocks, HKs, the S&W M&P, 1911s, revolvers, etc. The only ones I still have are a single Glock, an M&P, and two 1911s. Of the 9mms, the M&P is the clear winner in a full size, but the compact sucks (so I have a G19 to make up for that). Obviously in .45 ACP nothing can beat the 1911. I have no use for .40, either.

my duty piece is an uspc 40 and personnaly I think there are droves of other pistols on the market that are a much better value for the money like said earlier the trigger sucks its a very blocky style gun and the ergonomics just are not there for me
I have owned quite a few others and when we were looking into transfering to smiths I wasn't even interested in buy my hk for the reduced by back price
but whatever floats ur boat the only good thing is never had a jam

2009052s.jpg

The ergonomics, for me, were great but I couldn't get past the mushy trigger or blocky size for what it is so I sold mine. A 13rd 9mm should be smaller than that and I need a crisp trigger.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Arevalosocom</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
2009052s.jpg

</div></div>

How do you like the Degroat can? I just ordered a Mk99MOD0 for my 226. It'll be my first 9mm can.

I have the 12" one and this one on my USPc.

The 12" one is redicouly quiet IMHO.

I have not gotten to fire this one yet, the barrel, can and pistol are off to the smith to get fitted.

I know it was tested by Paulson, but he didn't realease Db numbers. I have heard people that have compared it to an Evo-9 say it's good.

I think when you factor in his price, it's a no brainer.

I'll let ya know.