• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s General Pershing got shit done!

Nuttshooter

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 25, 2008
Conway, South Carolina
GENPERSHING.jpg

Re: General Pershing got shit done!

Were it not for Pershing...the Philip. Rebellion would have been our First Viet Nam experience.

I'll kick the puppy. According to the research I've done on this, it's pretty much just made up. Pershing was a badass and did some serious work, but the information in that article doesn't line up with his character. Several historians have said that it's most likely not true.

Hey man it is on the internet....It has to be real. All joking aside the man was awesome. It did at least make a good read. Most of the greatest Generals of the 20th century either learned from him or where in his units.

I did a historical research paper on him and alot of diaries and news articles written about him and how he conducted the Phillipino Insurrection are factually correct. Also, The war in the Phillipines was our first Vietnam, only we had the determination in knowing how to take the fight to them. The old adage "fight fire with fire." But, General Pershing not only did his duty with brute force but he skillfully used diplomacy with the many different enthnic Phillipinos' which Generals Lenord Wood and Douglas McAuthar captialized on after WWI when they were stationed to the Phillipines as the Military Governors.

He also refused to micromanage his junior officers and to let his forces be subcontracted out piecemeal to British and French commanders in the Great War.

Imagine him, instead of Eisenhower, in charge of SHAEF. Think Patton would have been adequately supplied over British objections then?

Conjecture of course but that is fun too!

Reactions: Keith E.

Very true, That is why we had the American Expeditionary Forces!!! He was also a pretty good judge of officers that could fight and those that couldn't he got rid of them fast! The British didn't like him because he was blunt, to the point and not polite. The french didn't like him because he told them to basically fight or get the hell out of his way. He even called a few french generals lazy incompentent fools. And he didn't speak french and didn't care to learn.

Why do you hate America? Truth doesn't matter here.
Quelling the Moro Rebellion without debasing one's self or one's country is a better story, but it doesn't make for good memes...

IRL, Pershing surrounded the Moro in their sacred redoubt and cut off supplies and reinforcements. He then waited them out until they capitulated- depriving them of the one thing they wanted more than anything else, a glorious death in battle with the infidel.

Reactions: W54/XM-388
Going back to the op, a bullet point overview on Pershing that ends with a short narrative including undocumented events with specific allegations, ironically involving Muslims and execution before WWI. In some circles this added information may raise the bar, more likely this is something that started out on a much smaller event, that has been embellished and exaggerated over time. I wasn't present when this was going down, my spin on it, a trooper shot a hostile the bullet past through them striking a pig and the story grows out of this bs.

Maybe a better question is, why does America hate me, a working class citizen?