• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes General Purpose Scopes: Leupold Mark 6 3-18x44 VS. March F. 3-24x42

Mr. Monday

Private
Minuteman
Nov 6, 2017
Illum. TMR on the Mark 6 and illum. FML 1 on the March F. Which would you choose and why?

If there are other 25oz optics in this tier please enlighten me.

March-F 3-24 x 42mm Compact Zoom Scope (First Focal Plane)
Illum. TMR on the Mark 6 and illum. FML 1 on the March F. Which would you choose and why?

If there are other 25oz optics in this tier please enlighten me.

I️ have not handled the March F, but I️ recently picked up a MK6 3-18 TMR with M5C2 turrets. I️ absolutely love the open center on the TMR. The M5C2 turrets are my favorite compared to other scopes I️ have gotten to use (Razor GEN2, DMRII, T5Xi, NXS, XTRII).

You might be able to save some coin finding a used MK6 M5B2 and having it sent to Leupold for the M5C2 turrets.

I mostly liked the March 3-24x42 I had. The Murphy thing I keep mentioning... Mine didn't have the great glass that March is known for, okay or good but not as good as my March 5-40. It was also in the "wrong" mil, in 6400 vs the normal 6283. I wouldn't mind trying their 52mm version with their nice new T1 reticle and they have since corrected to the 6283 milliradian.

The reticle just didn't cut it for me either, it's thick and had those huge numbers just off the vertical crosshair which get in the way of holdoffs sometimes. Dot center is nice though.

Haven't had the Leupold but have read of some problems. I prefer the parallax focus to be no more than 25y minimum because at some point one might decide to shoot closer in, like in 22 matches or hunting small game. Plain TMR reticle...

IMO, Leupold needs to lower their prices by 10-20% or so if they want to be competitive in this space; the bang-for-the-buck with their current product line is just for shit.

That said, I imagine that they're still the go-to/gold standard optics manufacturer for thousands upon thousands of hunters (which I'd think comprises probably 90%+ of their customer base), so overall, they probably aren't losing much sleep in regard to their (lack of) market share in the tactically-oriented portion of the shooting community.

Just my $.02...

I just switched from the Mark6's on several guns to the Vortex AMG. 2-3 oz heavier, and only a 30mm tube, but other tradeoffs made it a nice upgrade for me.

I've been running the March for 2 years on a DMR. Took a local series with it both years. I use 3-5x quite often on faster movers and the thickness of the reticle allows me to use the mil hashes even that low. Something my new S&B H2cmr does not allow. I never used the Mark 6 but a friend switched from one to a March and doesn't regret it.

Save some money and forgo the illumination on the March. It's pretty useless and very expensive.