• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Movie Theater Generation Kill , Any reviews ??

The_Punisher

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 12, 2010
MICH
Generation Kill is a 2004 book written by Rolling Stone journalist Evan Wright chronicling his experience as an embedded reporter with the 1st Reconnaissance Battalion‎ of the United States Marine Corps during the 2003 invasion of Iraq. His account of life with the Marines was originally published as a three-part series in Rolling Stone in the fall of 2003. "The Killer Elite", the first of these articles, went on to win a National Magazine Award for Excellence in Reporting in 2004.[1]

quoted from wilipedia~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Anyone seen this ?

Re: Generation Kill , Any reviews ??

Saw the HBO show and loved it. I have the book but have not gotten around to reading it. Do a search, their was a thread a while back and the general consensus was the book is good. Like I said I loved the HBO series.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BoleCailey</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Saw the HBO show and loved it. I have the book but have not gotten around to reading it. Do a search, their was a thread a while back and the general consensus was the book is good. Like I said I loved the HBO series. </div></div>
+1

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1039508

I read the book and liked it. The show followed it fairly well.

Be careful when watching this. Its real good. Made me think about the reasons I joined the Corps in the first place. Almost convinced me to go back in.

Of course, like anything Hollywood, there are some things you will see that are wrong. For me, it was all the stuff they were trying to pass of as armor. If you can get pass that, it is a wonderful show.

I bought it on Bluray. Told everyone who watches it to be careful though. As a result its mostly just sat on my shelf. Everyone in my families kind of scared to watch it I guess. There is a lot of truth in it.

Read the book, watch the videos, and also read One Bullet Away, by N. Fick.

Frustrating to see the lack of observation skills in the thousands of new sitepers joining this website weekly.

At least act like you observed the terrain for a bit.

This question is on it's 6th or 7th enumeration.

My home my life

You'll never know the truth..

Dirty nasty
common air breathing
leg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: duke308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Read the book, watch the videos, <span style="font-weight: bold">and also read One Bullet Away, by N. Fick. </span> </div></div>

good read so far.