• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Genesis Arms GEN-12 SBM

tactic-als

Jawa Reaper
Minuteman
Oct 2, 2008
PA
First, not sure when this changed but I recall a specific forum for shotguns and such. I am no longer seeing that exists....so, even though this is a shotgun, it uses an AR10 lower.

My question is this, anyone have any hands on experience with this shotgun? The fact you can use an AR10 lower is awesome to me but I can barely find any reviews. Garandthumb did something about a year ago and that seems about it.

Overall, my goal is a semi-automatic, super short shotgun. If not the Gen-12, I've been entertaining bullpup shotguns like the IWI TS12, SRM 1216 (I really like this but it's not a true bullpup so it seems extremely long), and few others...but the others come across as super cheap (MKA 1923, ATI Bulldog, Black Aces Pro, etc), maybe I'm wrong. Another consideration is that the barrel is threaded to work with a suppressor.

Does anyone have any experience with bullpup semi-automatic shotguns? I'm not sure I have any preference to something that is magazine fed VS tube fed...should I?

Reactions: 12ga insanity
I’ve been work on the same for 2 years now. I’m Gen 12 fan! I’ve got one tuned with a binary and after a year of modifications there is now a first in the world (as far as I know) 20rd drum that’s going to the range to be tested today. I’m still trying to find the time to figure out a belt feed 12 ga upper for this platform, but it’s definitely do able with a 1919A4 top cover type of setup.

First, not sure when this changed but I recall a specific forum for shotguns and such. I am no longer seeing that exists....so, even though this is a shotgun, it uses an AR10 lower.

My question is this, anyone have any hands on experience with this shotgun? The fact you can use an AR10 lower is awesome to me but I can barely find any reviews. Garandthumb did something about a year ago and that seems about it.

Overall, my goal is a semi-automatic, super short shotgun. If not the Gen-12, I've been entertaining bullpup shotguns like the IWI TS12, SRM 1216 (I really like this but it's not a true bullpup so it seems extremely long), and few others...but the others come across as super cheap (MKA 1923, ATI Bulldog, Black Aces Pro, etc), maybe I'm wrong. Another consideration is that the barrel is threaded to work with a suppressor.

Does anyone have any experience with bullpup semi-automatic shotguns? I'm not sure I have any preference to something that is magazine fed VS tube fed...should I?
Bull pups suck in my opinion. Had one in 12 and the oversized box magazine was cumbersome and uncomfortable. It requires 2 hands to manipulate the mag release and the magazine gets in the way to often. A full size mossberg 500 with a pistol grip, an extended tube and an OpSol adapter to allow the use of mini shells gets you up to 12+1 in under 32”. There’s also the Rock Island M4 that is cheaper and can accept the same modifications.

I’ve been work on the same for 2 years now. I’m Gen 12 fan! I’ve got one tuned with a binary and after a year of modifications there is now a first in the world (as far as I know) 20rd drum that’s going to the range to be tested today. I’m still trying to find the time to figure out a belt feed 12 ga upper for this platform, but it’s definitely do able with a 1919A4 top cover type of setup.

Here she is.
IMG_2400.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_2400.jpeg
    IMG_2400.jpeg
    406.4 KB · Views: 50
Reactions: brightt
how did the drum go? I know they got a 5 & 10 round mags, and +2 extensions for the 10's.

their 15 round drums with a smaller profile than the 10 rounders look highly appealing. supposed to be released along with more magwells at the end of this year

a 7 round magazine would be ideal for most applications, hope they make one

Reactions: HighPlainsMarksman